Steinheil vs Zagg

indigo84

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
i currently have a zagg invisibleshield (screen only) installed on my gs2 epic 4g touch, and ive been pretty satified with it, but it needs to be replaced. ive been shopping around and reading reviews and so far the steinheil ultra crystal sounds great, but im not sure whether or not i would be sacrificing or compromising on the level of protection with it. my main concern (nothing ive read seems to address it specifically) is about the level and quality of actual screen protection that the steinheil ultra crystal provides-i know it looks good but how well does it protect? i know my screen is safe with the zagg, but how does steinheil compare with zagg as far as scratch resistance, durability, strength and protection? are they equal? has anybody tried both?

jeff1974w

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
ive used zagg before and i think they are horrible! the steinheil i have heard are very good and i have considered getting one, just havent pulled the trigger yet

burrrton

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
The Zaggs are 'rubbery'- they protect well, but IMO with the resistance that 'rubbery-ness' adds aren't ideal for covering the surface of a device you have to rub your finger over all day.

The Steinheils OTOH are smooth and as resistance-free as the Gorilla Glass? underneath. I replaced my Zagg with Steinheil's "Ultra Fine" (matte finish) and it was a *definite* upgrade.

indigo84

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I want the smoothness and clarity, just worried that it won't be thick enough or tough enough to keep the screen from getting scratched through the screen protector. I usually keep my phone in a pocket or in. my purse with a bunch of other stuff. Had anyone ever tried ghost armor? Thoughts on that brand?

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the crystal clear Steinheil, hands down the best screen protector I've ever used. I honestly can't tell it from the bare glass screen. Was the easiest to apply of all the screen protectors Ive ever used too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

SuperChargedJ

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I've used them both for long periods of time and as far as smoothness and clarity go, I would pick Steinheil over Zagg. It's because of the orange peel affect with Zagg and not as smooth.

However, right now I am rocking Ghost Armor on my GN because it combines the best of both features from Zagg/Steinheil. Best screen protector I've ever used on any device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I got the Steinheil ones that aren't fingerprint smudge resistant, and have been disappointed. The oily residue on them is horrific. Not digging having to clean my screen every other hour. I find that I prefer that hard shields (Steinheil) to the rubbery flexible ones though regardless (Zagg). To each their own. Buy some of each through ebay or amazon and try them both out.

Alex198908

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I've owned two Steinheil protectors for the Evo 4g and SGS2. They are the easiest screen protectors I have ever applied, and provide very good protection from what I can tell. I say pull the trigger on it.

I had a bad experience with Zagg, all of those small pieces for the body cover drove me crazy.

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have never heard of this brand and I have been looking for a better screen protector...and quite frankly I am horrible at installing these things. So if you are all truthful about the ease of which to install this thing and the quality, I am a happy man.

Thank you!:D

tony404

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the Steinheil ones that aren't fingerprint smudge resistant, and have been disappointed. The oily residue on them is horrific. Not digging having to clean my screen every other hour. I find that I prefer that hard shields (Steinheil) to the rubbery flexible ones though regardless (Zagg). To each their own. Buy some of each through ebay or amazon and try them both out.

Yeah thats the problem I have with steinheil is it gets so oily. I have to carry a lens cleaning cloth with me

fetterjohn

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have never heard of this brand and I have been looking for a better screen protector...and quite frankly I am horrible at installing these things. So if you are all truthful about the ease of which to install this thing and the quality, I am a happy man.

Thank you!:D

I just got my Steinheil Ultra Crystal in the mail. I ripped the Zagg off my phone and had this on in 30 seconds. Un-f-ing-believable how easy it is to install and how beautifully clear it is.

Highly recommended. I got mine on eBay for $13.99...no tax, no shipping cost.

John

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
It's all I use se. Blows zagg our of water. Hope you got 2 for that price. Amazon Same price but you get 2 pack.

EVO-LUTION 3D

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I used Zagg on my Hero for two year. I have no complaints about it but turned to Steinheil when I got the E4GT just to give another manufacture a try. So far so good and no complaints about Steinheil. Actually, I prefer it over the Zagg only because the "wavy" effect is not present. It's not an issue that Zagg has this but some may argue it's a decision maker.

For $13.99 you can't go wrong with Steinheil. Give it a try and see how you like it. If you get a scratch on the glass then it's due to abuse or a really good sharp edge. After-all, the E4GT still has Gorilla Glass under the protector.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Does Steinheil still have the cutouts in their most recent revisions?

I actually thought the cutouts would be a better system because they definitely wouldn't interfere with anything, but after thinking about it, went with Realook specifically because they didn't have the cutouts. There wasn't any interference and I like the absolutely clean look in the front, make it easy to clean without constantly focusing on anything accumulating in that cutout area. Without cutouts it is extremely hard to even tell there is a screen protector on. Fingerprints will of course be there on all these dry apply screen protectors, including Steinheil, which I've had on other phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance