08-25-2012 11:12 AM
312 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Just flash it from sd same as everything else?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-04-2012 10:47 PM
    Just flash it from sd same as everything else?

Yessum.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-04-2012 10:55 PM
    Quick update. 3g speeds seem to have improved from about 100 to 500-550kbps. 4G is anywhere from 2-5mbps.

Will reloer back if inconsistency returns. Only done a few speed tests.

07-04-2012 10:59 PM
    Quick update. 3g speeds seem to have improved from about 100 to 500-550kbps. 4G is anywhere from 2-5mbps.

Will reloer back if inconsistency returns. Only done a few speed tests.

Ok so it was the tweaks causing you the issue. I kinda figured it had to do with that.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-04-2012 11:03 PM
    Well the inconsistency has returned. The speed does seem to have increased but now I'm hovering 200ish kbps with occasional upward spikes.

I'm still at work might flash a new rom tomorrow. Total bummer this rom has been rock solid and I just got it set up the way I want.

Although if this is a modem issue would a new rom make a difference?

07-05-2012 12:01 AM
    Well I flashed this earlier this morning from phantom blazer ics, so far I like it.. very smooth... I have only had a few screen freezes and a few force closes.... so I would say its pretty stable... I had a bit of a 3g issue about 2 hours ago.. problem was It wouldn't come on.. I rebooted turned mobile data on and off.... turned wifi on and off...updated profile and prl and for some reason it wouldn't kick in to 3g so to speak ....after trying everything I could think of I got home and back on Wi-Fi once I connected I turned it off then 3g kicked on.. I'm hoping it is an isolated occurrence...btw I was in a great sprint service area..
    One more issue that I had was that what's app messenger would not play nice and let me set my account back up.... had to pull battery to solve that issue... overall it seems to be a great rom that will be supported by the dev as I see he is doing his best to help us work through issues... thanks for that DK... I am interested to see how the battery life will be... I will check back in in a few days!! Thanks again DK!! Looking forward to future updates!!
    Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2012 12:02 AM
    Not sure if this info will help but when I run a speed test it seems like it will quickly spike, then lower and hover around the finished kbps. For example just now it spiked to 500 then went back down to 200ish and stayed.

07-05-2012 12:07 AM
    Is visual voice mail working? I if not, can you add it?
    07-05-2012 12:38 AM
    It's in there :-)

07-05-2012 12:47 AM
    Sprint Voicemail is in there.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-05-2012 07:49 AM
    My speeds are very fast and consitant on this rom for me. I might make you cry with what im pulling for 4G Speeds

3G in my house. 221 ping DL 0.73MBps UL 0.41MBps
    3G again in my house 219 ping DL 0.71MBps UL 0.52MBps

4G in my house. 107ping DL 14.2MBps UL 1.47MBps
    4G again in my house 98 ping DL 13.9MBps UL 1.48MBps

Now it is possible my build.prop tweaks may not work for your area. I will remove the tweaks and make you a patch. In my area it does wonders for speed

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    i was gonna say..that all depends in the area..

07-05-2012 07:57 AM
    i have my e4gt rooted and i have cwrogue on it do i just go though cw and load the rom just like i would others? ive been reading about alot of bricking issues going to ics just wondering? and when installing does it matter what goes first modem or the rom?
    07-05-2012 08:25 AM
    Not sure if this info will help but when I run a speed test it seems like it will quickly spike, then lower and hover around the finished kbps. For example just now it spiked to 500 then went back down to 200ish and stayed.

ok why are you running more then one speed test? You just need to run it twice MAX. There several variables with data speeds. One is the available bandwidth- Meaning how many people are on the tower you are using? Are all the people on the tower pulling 3G? Are those people DLing something at the same time? How far are you from the tower? Next is the Modem- Try all available versions starting at FE Series. Modem controls your data in and out. My phone likes the FE22 modem. Others may like FF18 Modem.

I also decided to restore my phone to 100% Stock EL29. I decided to run my speed test 6 times. and only running 3G.

1st test 226ping 0.47Mbps DL 0.51Mbps UL
    2nd test 197ping 0.43 Mbps DL 0.49 Mbps UL

3rd test was really off the wall
    312ping 0.27Mbps DL and 0.17Mbps UL
    4th test 295ping 0.38Mbps DL and 0.43Mbps UL
    5th test 402ping 0.11Mbps DL and 0.07Mbps UL

and the final 6th test
    212ping 0.59Mbps DL and 0.41Mbps UL

Look at those wide scores. This is all from me doing a complete ODIN restore To EL29. Two things ive learned. one is the speedtest app sucks monkey ballz and to its about as reliable as a quadrent benchmark test.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-05-2012 08:40 AM
    Hey Dark, you working on anything else currently apart from the jelly bean port?

07-05-2012 09:58 AM
    Hey Dark, you working on anything else currently apart from the jelly bean port?

Just my Cm9/Aokp Hybrid. No one has tested it as of yet

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-05-2012 10:05 AM
    i have my e4gt rooted and i have cwrogue on it do i just go though cw and load the rom just like i would others? ive been reading about alot of bricking issues going to ics just wondering? and when installing does it matter what goes first modem or the rom?
    All my stuff uses the gingerbread update binary. Its all "safe" to flash in any recovery

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-05-2012 10:06 AM
    roms a stable good rom link me the other new rom of yorus and ill test it out for you
    07-05-2012 10:48 AM
    ok why are you running more then one speed test? You just need to run it twice MAX. There several variables with data speeds. One is the available bandwidth- Meaning how many people are on the tower you are using? Are all the people on the tower pulling 3G? Are those people DLing something at the same time? How far are you from the tower? Next is the Modem- Try all available versions starting at FE Series. Modem controls your data in and out. My phone likes the FE22 modem. Others may like FF18 Modem.

I also decided to restore my phone to 100% Stock EL29. I decided to run my speed test 6 times. and only running 3G.

1st test 226ping 0.47Mbps DL 0.51Mbps UL
    2nd test 197ping 0.43 Mbps DL 0.49 Mbps UL

3rd test was really off the wall
    312ping 0.27Mbps DL and 0.17Mbps UL
    4th test 295ping 0.38Mbps DL and 0.43Mbps UL
    5th test 402ping 0.11Mbps DL and 0.07Mbps UL

and the final 6th test
    212ping 0.59Mbps DL and 0.41Mbps UL

Look at those wide scores. This is all from me doing a complete ODIN restore To EL29. Two things ive learned. one is the speedtest app sucks monkey ballz and to its about as reliable as a quadrent benchmark test.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    Lol i hope you dont think I'm an OCD freak. It all started when I tried loading Pandora and it took FOREVER to buffer. So i dled the app and it said I was getting like 25kbps down... lol.

Earlier today I did hit 1200 on 3g so who knows. It does seem to have stabilized a bit so I'm just gonna leave it for awhile sinc eI have it set up the way I like. Loving the battery life on this thing too!
    07-05-2012 10:55 AM
    Hm, only thing i dislike about this mod is the wifi tethering does not work
    07-05-2012 11:31 AM
    Hm, only thing i dislike about this mod is the wifi tethering does not work
    Yes it does. Both FoxFi and Wireless Tether For Root Users Beta 11 work flawless. If you are referring to the sprint hotspot hack I wont include that. Its know to cause framework instability. random reboots. 4G WiMax Reboots. Soft reboots. I really dont understand why people are obsessed with the sprint hotspot.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-05-2012 11:37 AM
    Lol i hope you dont think I'm an OCD freak. It all started when I tried loading Pandora and it took FOREVER to buffer. So i dled the app and it said I was getting like 25kbps down... lol.

Earlier today I did hit 1200 on 3g so who knows. It does seem to have stabilized a bit so I'm just gonna leave it for awhile sinc eI have it set up the way I like. Loving the battery life on this thing too!
    Well what did you expect from Sprint 3G Service??? Its always slow as molasses in winter :rolleyes: Pandora uses alot of bandwidth from my understanding.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    sarcazmo likes this.
    07-05-2012 11:39 AM
    Not saying your wrong it may be just me but I don't use the sprint version I've tried foxfi its the only one that actually shows a wifi but won't let any computer or phone obtain an IP the rest don't even broadcast a signal . And my browser sync does not work.
    07-05-2012 12:34 PM
    Not saying your wrong it may be just me but I don't use the sprint version I've tried foxfi its the only one that actually shows a wifi but won't let any computer or phone obtain an IP the rest don't even broadcast a signal . And my browser sync does not work.
    Your computer may not be "adhoc" compatible. What kind of laptop do you have? If you own a Mac that would explain everything. I personally use Wireless Tether and it works flawlessly. I also have a windows 7 based gateway computer.

Sent From A Rotary Phone
    07-05-2012 12:47 PM
    Flashed el26 modem just to see and the issues vanished! Thank you so much for all the work and support! Love this rom. Any plans for Google now integration?

Also foxfi has been working perfectly for me. Even my crappy old nook can pick it up!

Can't wait to see what you have coming up! Dkliquidice 4.1 perhaps?

07-05-2012 01:14 PM
    My computer is not the problem I just tried foxfi on my at&t gs2 and it works perfect on my computer just not from my current phone the epic sg2
    07-05-2012 01:16 PM
312 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD