[ROM][FF18][July 01, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.2.0_Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Really enjoying your rom! Just wondering is there an easy way to install sprint visual voicemail? Also, and this is kind of nit picking, but the background image for the home screen looks kinda low res? Or is this just an issue on my end? *edit* I swear it wasnt there... Just found it. Sorry I'm stupid */edit*

Anyone thinking of flashing this should! Everything has worked flawlessly, my GPS actually will get a fix in less than 75 minutes! Smooth sailing havent had one issue with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark_Knight2

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok so first issue.

I've mostly been using it home while connected to wifi so I never really noticed this. Once out and about i've noticed my 3g/4g speeds are significantly slower than normal.

I downloaded the speedtest app by ookla and my ping is always around 500+ and my dl speed is 15kbps 3g U/l 22kbps... Havent been able to check 4g since my state has it literally in a 2-3 square mile radius...

I also downloaded swiftkey keyboard from the market. I set it as default. Every time I type anything I get a notifcation in the bar saying select input method.]

Thanks for your time!

*edit* After several restarts the best result I got was 267 ping 137down 482 up on 3g but overall the results are pretty inconsistent.

Last edited:

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok so first issue.

I've mostly been using it home while connected to wifi so I never really noticed this. Once out and about i've noticed my 3g/4g speeds are significantly slower than normal.

I downloaded the speedtest app by ookla and my ping is always around 500+ and my dl speed is 15kbps 3g U/l 22kbps... Havent been able to check 4g since my state has it literally in a 2-3 square mile radius...

I also downloaded swiftkey keyboard from the market. I set it as default. Every time I type anything I get a notifcation in the bar saying select input method.]

Thanks for your time!

*edit* After several restarts the best result I got was 267 ping 137down 482 up on 3g but overall the results are pretty inconsistent.

Haven't tried this rom, but:

Update prl and profile and maybe try a different modem (if you flash a new modem update prl and profile again)

The select input method thing is just how ics is now... Some devs have taken it out because many people such as you and me find it annoying and useless.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Click here for custom mods for your E4GT

vacanation

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Its been very quiet here lately. Im guessing I perfected this beast of a rom :D

Sent From A Rotary Phone

hell yea..is a beast of a room!! i've been crazy busy @ work with no chance to even log in to the forums..no complains at all!! only thing i got to start heading is the camera..not able to zoom in...anyone else having that issue or is it just me?
..also do u ever though about trying the Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE camera software on this rom, think it'd work on the SPH-D710? u know, be able to take still pics while recording video! or is it a hardware thing!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok so first issue.

Thanks for your time!

What modem are you on? Have you updated PRL or Profile?

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Andriodfan88

Jul 4, 2012
Visit site
Your ROM is awesome!! I am a noob but with a little research on my part I was able to understand your install instructions. Of course I had to figure out how to root my phone first but after that it was smooth sailing. Your ROM is very smooth and clean. Great job!! No more waiting on Sprint to release ICS for me.

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I did update my prl and profile. Prl us 60687. Download speeds still erratic especially 3g. Often getting less than 100kbps. 4G may have stabized a bit.

Not sure which option is my current modem. Should be under system settings about phone correct?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I did update my prl and profile. Prl us 60687. Download speeds still erratic especially 3g. Often getting less than 100kbps. 4G may have stabized a bit.

Not sure which option is my current modem. Should be under system settings about phone correct?

Well you answered your own question with that statement. You are still on EL29 Modem. Running the EL29 Modem with an ICS Rom isnt recommended cause of off the wall speed tests. I highly recommend you flash the FE16-22 modem. This rom uses the FE22 kernel so I guess go with FE22 Modem. Once you flash the modem inside my recovery included in the rom then reboot into recovery again and wipe cache and dalvik. Then reupdate your PRL and Profile then reboot again. You speeds will be much better after you do this :)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Reactions: sarcazmo

Sn1per 117

Flashaholic
Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Well thank you all for your patience first of all I really appreciate it!

So if I downlad it from http://forum.xda-developers.com/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_S_II/SPH-D710/Modems reboot into cwm I can flash the modem that way? Just go to install zip from sdcard same as a rom?

Yup, just flash the zip and then update profile and prl when your phone boots up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
Click here for custom mods for your E4GT

Reactions: sarcazmo

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded the fe22 modem from the above website and flashed it. Wiped cache and dalvik. Updated PRL and profile. Rebooted.

1st 3g speedtest: Ping 247ms Dl 136kbps Upload 219kbps
2nd: Ping 227 Dl 118 UL 215
3rd: ping 174 dl 315 ul 115
4th: ping 121 dl 177 ul 170

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to flash your ROM and kernel when I get some time this weekend and give them a spin. I dig that this is an Android Central exclusive (well almost). Thanks for sharing your work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Downloaded the fe22 modem from the above website and flashed it. Wiped cache and dalvik. Updated PRL and profile. Rebooted.

1st 3g speedtest: Ping 247ms Dl 136kbps Upload 219kbps
2nd: Ping 227 Dl 118 UL 215
3rd: ping 174 dl 315 ul 115
4th: ping 121 dl 177 ul 170

Hold on. Im uploading my FE22 Modem. My speeds are very good with this modem.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to flash your ROM and kernel when I get some time this weekend and give them a spin. I dig that this is an Android Central exclusive (well almost). Thanks for sharing your work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Well its pretty much exculsive to here. I havent updated sdx developers at all. Its a ghost town over there. I joined xda yesterday but the dev section is overflowing with ROMs so I wont be posting there.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed your modem. Still experiencing wildly inconsistent speeds and 3g continues to be slow.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed your modem. Still experiencing wildly inconsistent speeds and 3g continues to be slow.

My speeds are very fast and consitant on this rom for me. I might make you cry with what im pulling for 4G Speeds :D

3G in my house. 221 ping DL 0.73MBps UL 0.41MBps
3G again in my house 219 ping DL 0.71MBps UL 0.52MBps

4G in my house. 107ping DL 14.2MBps UL 1.47MBps
4G again in my house 98 ping DL 13.9MBps UL 1.48MBps

Now it is possible my build.prop tweaks may not work for your area. I will remove the tweaks and make you a patch. In my area it does wonders for speed :D

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03