[ROM][FF18][July 01, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.2.0_Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
i have my e4gt rooted and i have cwrogue on it do i just go though cw and load the rom just like i would others? ive been reading about alot of bricking issues going to ics just wondering? and when installing does it matter what goes first modem or the rom?

All my stuff uses the gingerbread update binary. Its all "safe" to flash in any recovery :)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
ok why are you running more then one speed test? You just need to run it twice MAX. There several variables with data speeds. One is the available bandwidth- Meaning how many people are on the tower you are using? Are all the people on the tower pulling 3G? Are those people DLing something at the same time? How far are you from the tower? Next is the Modem- Try all available versions starting at FE Series. Modem controls your data in and out. My phone likes the FE22 modem. Others may like FF18 Modem.

I also decided to restore my phone to 100% Stock EL29. I decided to run my speed test 6 times. and only running 3G.

1st test 226ping 0.47Mbps DL 0.51Mbps UL
2nd test 197ping 0.43 Mbps DL 0.49 Mbps UL

3rd test was really off the wall
312ping 0.27Mbps DL and 0.17Mbps UL
4th test 295ping 0.38Mbps DL and 0.43Mbps UL
5th test 402ping 0.11Mbps DL and 0.07Mbps UL

and the final 6th test
212ping 0.59Mbps DL and 0.41Mbps UL

Look at those wide scores. This is all from me doing a complete ODIN restore To EL29. Two things ive learned. one is the speedtest app sucks monkey ballz and to its about as reliable as a quadrent benchmark test. :D

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Lol i hope you dont think I'm an OCD freak. It all started when I tried loading Pandora and it took FOREVER to buffer. So i dled the app and it said I was getting like 25kbps down... lol.

Earlier today I did hit 1200 on 3g so who knows. It does seem to have stabilized a bit so I'm just gonna leave it for awhile sinc eI have it set up the way I like. Loving the battery life on this thing too!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hm, only thing i dislike about this mod is the wifi tethering does not work

Yes it does. Both FoxFi and Wireless Tether For Root Users Beta 11 work flawless. If you are referring to the sprint hotspot hack I wont include that. Its know to cause framework instability. random reboots. 4G WiMax Reboots. Soft reboots. I really dont understand why people are obsessed with the sprint hotspot.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Lol i hope you dont think I'm an OCD freak. It all started when I tried loading Pandora and it took FOREVER to buffer. So i dled the app and it said I was getting like 25kbps down... lol.

Earlier today I did hit 1200 on 3g so who knows. It does seem to have stabilized a bit so I'm just gonna leave it for awhile sinc eI have it set up the way I like. Loving the battery life on this thing too!

Well what did you expect from Sprint 3G Service??? Its always slow as molasses in winter :rolleyes: Pandora uses alot of bandwidth from my understanding.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Reactions: sarcazmo

smackema1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Not saying your wrong it may be just me but I don't use the sprint version I've tried foxfi its the only one that actually shows a wifi but won't let any computer or phone obtain an IP the rest don't even broadcast a signal . And my browser sync does not work.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Not saying your wrong it may be just me but I don't use the sprint version I've tried foxfi its the only one that actually shows a wifi but won't let any computer or phone obtain an IP the rest don't even broadcast a signal . And my browser sync does not work.

Your computer may not be "adhoc" compatible. What kind of laptop do you have? If you own a Mac that would explain everything. I personally use Wireless Tether and it works flawlessly. I also have a windows 7 based gateway computer.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Flashed el26 modem just to see and the issues vanished! Thank you so much for all the work and support! Love this rom. Any plans for Google now integration?

Also foxfi has been working perfectly for me. Even my crappy old nook can pick it up!

Can't wait to see what you have coming up! Dkliquidice 4.1 perhaps?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

smackema1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
My computer is not the problem I just tried foxfi on my at&t gs2 and it works perfect on my computer just not from my current phone the epic sg2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Flashed el26 modem just to see and the issues vanished! Thank you so much for all the work and support! Love this rom. Any plans for Google now integration?

Also foxfi has been working perfectly for me. Even my crappy old nook can pick it up!

Can't wait to see what you have coming up! Dkliquidice 4.1 perhaps?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

What? Who told you.........ALL LIES!!!!! :rolleyes::beer:

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My computer is not the problem I just tried foxfi on my at&t gs2 and it works perfect on my computer just not from my current phone the epic sg2

Im running the exact same rom you are. Everything is working on my end including FoxFi. I honestly dont know what to tell ya. I can't fix something that isnt present with my device or my rom. :confused:

Sent From A Rotary Phone

smackema1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Sorry typo I reinstalled your rom and still not working so not big deal but besides that and browser sync I don't see any problems . Onto your cw for your other one pm

jamexman

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes it does. Both FoxFi and Wireless Tether For Root Users Beta 11 work flawless. If you are referring to the sprint hotspot hack I wont include that. Its know to cause framework instability. random reboots. 4G WiMax Reboots. Soft reboots. I really dont understand why people are obsessed with the sprint hotspot.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

I agree with you. I still see a lot of people asking you for it and I don't know why, if FoxFi is even better, heck it even has an addon where you can use a proxy so Sprint doesn't know you're tethering lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87