[ROM][FF18][July 01, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.2.0_Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind I am a noob. The ROM is running great. The only issue I see is that the only time I see I have an email or a message or missed call is in the notification bar. It doesnt show on the icons. Other than that its awesome.

Thats a TouchWiz Skin thing. U will not find that on AOSP Roms or AOSP Style ROMs. You have been TouchWizzed ;)

Sent From A Rotary Phone

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Weird... I've been on about 8 different roms and this is the first one I've noticed it on... hmm

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Well I've been rumiging through the XDA threads for days and I've read countless posts from people complaining about the same thing. Read through the Blue Kuban ICS thread and you'll see what I mean.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

JWVig82

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
On day 6 of running this rom and still working like a champ.

If you need a crash test dummy for any future stuff you do for the E4GT I would be happy to give it a shot

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

If you need a crash test dummy for any future stuff you do for the E4GT I would be happy to give it a shot

Thank you kindly :) Im a stability junkie.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I agree 100%... this is one of my favorite roms by far.. I can't believe the battery life with this thing.... I can't find one thing that doesn't work for me aside from clock on the lock screen issue... DK.. u working on anything else with this rom..? I would love to see a boot screen that has something to do with dark knight.... that would kick ass!!!!! Thanks!!!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I agree 100%... this is one of my favorite roms by far.. I can't believe the battery life with this thing.... I can't find one thing that doesn't work for me aside from clock on the lock screen issue... DK.. u working on anything else with this rom..? I would love to see a boot screen that has something to do with dark knight.... that would kick ass!!!!! Thanks!!!

Actually There is a fix for that but you will lose the AOSP Lockscreen.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I will look into a Dark Knight Boot animation and wallpaper :D

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Reactions: pdog197804

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
So how difficult and safe/risky would it be to install this rom, when I'm currently on "sfhubs one click odin with full restore and rooted"?

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
So how difficult and safe/risky would it be to install this rom, when I'm currently on "sfhubs one click odin with full restore and rooted"?

Simple.... I will never say no risk cuz its your phone... once u have CWM installed its as easy as riding a bike.... download the rom and put it on your SD card... boot into cwm(volume up and power button.. release when galaxy s 2 screen pops up) data/factory reset then wipe cache then wipe delveck cache.... install rom from SD.... reboot and you now have a bad ass ics rom.... :)

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've downloaded the ROM already, so I've got to do the CWM and then I'm taking the dive. Thanks for the personalized tutorial, pdog1978.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
One more question before I begin. The sfhubs one click I'm on is ICS, not GB. The E4GT wiki linked to from xda makes a statement that using a custom recovery with ICS is not recommended. Do I still use CWM then, or just the stock recovery? I just don't want to brick, so being cautious.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
One more question before I begin. The sfhubs one click I'm on is ICS, not GB. The E4GT wiki linked to from xda makes a statement that using a custom recovery with ICS is not recommended. Do I still use CWM then, or just the stock recovery? I just don't want to brick, so being cautious.

In most cases that is true. most "developers" dont take the proper safety measures to make ICS Recovery safe. My ROM will NOT cause a brick if flashed in ICS Recovery. Ive made my rom 99.9% noob proof :thumbup::D

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Reactions: JackG058

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
In most cases that is true. most "developers" dont take the proper safety measures to make ICS Recovery safe. My ROM will NOT cause a brick if flashed in ICS Recovery. Ive made my rom 99.9% noob proof :thumbup::D

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Since I'm still searching for the actual CWM file, would you mind just clarifying for me, do I need to have CWM installed? You use the term ICS Recovery. Is that just the stock recovery? I'm searching and reading through the various threads so just trying to make sure I'm understanding the terminology. I'm really eager to try your rom out. I like the words "stable" and "battery life" that you use. :)

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Since I'm still searching for the actual CWM file, would you mind just clarifying for me, do I need to have CWM installed? You use the term ICS Recovery. Is that just the stock recovery? I'm searching and reading through the various threads so just trying to make sure I'm understanding the terminology. I'm really eager to try your rom out. I like the words "stable" and "battery life" that you use. :)

This YouTube video has the link to the file for cwm in the description and also a how too.... you usually need to flash el26 kernal before flashing an ice cream sandwich rom.. but I believe dk says u don't have to for his rom... I always do just because that's how I learned... :) I will also post how to flash that kernal via qbking77 video also.... this video has the file for el26 in the description also.... hope this helps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNAH1TQaKdc&feature=youtube_gdata_player http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZRnH-_XZmM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Reactions: JackG058
Status
Not open for further replies.