[ROM][FF18][July 01, 2012] DK_Liquid_Ice_v1.2.0_Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jptr520

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
First of all...thanks for a great ROM! I've given up waiting for ICS to come so I decided to load this one. Ironically I was rooted already with stock Gingerbread to use FoxFi...not sure why I never loaded a custom ICS ROM...

Secondly, I was also having problems with FoxFi similar to the previous posters. I used FoxFi when I was rooted on stock Gingerbread and had no problems but for some reason after loading your ROM it could not connect with my laptop or my rooted Nook anymore. Anyways, I installed your suggestion of Wireless Tether for root users and have no problem connecting with that. Strange!

One thing I did notice on FoxFi that it did differently was that it did not load the Sprint Hotspot Icon in the notification bar (in addition to the FoxFi icon) as it did before on stock Gingerbread. Was it supposed to on your ROM? Maybe that's why it didn't work after I loaded yours. Eh whatever cause Wireless Tether works instead.

Again thanks for a great ROM! Excellent work dude!

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm rocking the Dark Knight's rom now. I don't know why, but the CWM EL26 link I used ended up installing AGAT (sp?) rather than CWM Recovery. It doesn't appear to have hurt anything though. Now to reinstall my many apps and have some fun. This is the start of my vacation! :) Thanks again to Dark_Knight2 and pdog1978 for the work and the support.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Update PRL and update profile was not completing, giving me an error, so I did a ##72786# to wipe the profile and now I can't activate the device at all. Any suggestions? I've also done a NAND restore from when I first installed your rom.

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing the activation servers are having issues. After multiple total wipes and reinstalls, I just got it to activate again. PRL updated too. That just cost me several hours of sleep though. lol

pdog197804

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, I'm rocking the Dark Knight's rom now. I don't know why, but the CWM EL26 link I used ended up installing AGAT (sp?) rather than CWM Recovery. It doesn't appear to have hurt anything though. Now to reinstall my many apps and have some fun. This is the start of my vacation! :) Thanks again to Dark_Knight2 and pdog1978 for the work and the support.

Nice work!! These forums are a great well of knowledge, I have learned so much in a very short time.. i still have a ton to learn...one thing I will warn u of though... flashing roms is as addictive as crack... well I don't really know that as I've never done crack but addicting none the less.... I can't stand to be on a rom longer than a couple weeks no matter how good it is... :) I wish there was a support group or a roms anonymous..... lol :beer:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
"AGAT" recovery is based on chris41g ACS Recovery. ACS Recovery is based on Koushs Official CWM Recovery source code. ALL ET4G IS BASED ON KOUSHS CWM SOURCE CODE. Even Rogue Recovery is based on CWM Recovery by Koush.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Well, evidently I have Rogue now since I'm on your rom. The funny thing is, I'm loving the look and feel of this rom, and thus far battery does seem to be extra good too. However, my wife is due for an upgrade, and she has offered to let me get the SGS3 and she'll take my E4GT. Had I not just beautified my phone last night, I'd already be at the Sprint store. :)

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Well, evidently I have Rogue now since I'm on your rom. The funny thing is, I'm loving the look and feel of this rom, and thus far battery does seem to be extra good too. However, my wife is due for an upgrade, and she has offered to let me get the SGS3 and she'll take my E4GT. Had I not just beautified my phone last night, I'd already be at the Sprint store. :)

Trust me. The SGS3 is way over rated. Wait for the next Nexus Phone.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

Reactions: JackG058

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I just went and checked the gs3 out today. It is no doubt a beautiful device and the feel of the curved glass is really nice. That being said, it really is just like this phone with a tuxedo and fake mustache.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: JackG058

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I just went and checked the gs3 out today. It is no doubt a beautiful device and the feel of the curved glass is really nice. That being said, it really is just like this phone with a tuxedo and fake mustache.

Exactly.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

smackema1

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
In my mind its sad they dumbed the phone down for America its one reason I won't buy it ill just get one to play with and return it like I have .to me its like the I phone 4 to the 4s. Not a damn thing different really plus s2 has wimax when the s2 for now only has 3g which is turtle turtle for sprint. But in the long run ill wait for the s4. Maybe it will have quad... smh

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Quick question.

Does this app leave apps open in the background indefinitely? I opened a few this morning and they seem to stay open in the background. Not a big deal though haven't noticed any performance issues.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I think they stay in memory until you swipe them away in the app switcher or reboot your phone.

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think they stay in memory until you swipe them away in the app switcher or reboot your phone.

Is that intended in ics? Just curious because I don't remember this being the case in gb.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Quick question.

Does this app leave apps open in the background indefinitely? I opened a few this morning and they seem to stay open in the background. Not a big deal though haven't noticed any performance issues.

That seems to be an issue with ICS in general. Ive got scripts running on this rom so it doesnt affect performance or battery life.

Sent From A Rotary Phone

JackG058

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
In my mind its sad they dumbed the phone down for America its one reason I won't buy it ill just get one to play with and return it like I have .to me its like the I phone 4 to the 4s. Not a damn thing different really plus s2 has wimax when the s2 for now only has 3g which is turtle turtle for sprint. But in the long run ill wait for the s4. Maybe it will have quad... smh

I'm out of KC so LTE has been announced as scheduled for activation on the 15th of this month, so that part is tempting. However, I'm also in a WiMax area and honestly, I can count on one hand the times when WiMax was an option that really helped me out. At home, I stay on WiFi. Away from home, normal data syncing types of apps like weather, Twitter, etc. run well enough on the abysmally slow 3G of Sprint, so it generally hasn't been a big deal. And I know that WiMax will still be supported for awhile, so I'm probably going to hang on to that upgrade as some of you have advised, and wait for the next Nexus. Good advice, and this rom has fixed some bugs I've had, especially associated with my Airave. I'm a happy Liquid Ice customer right now.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm out of KC so LTE has been announced as scheduled for activation on the 15th of this month, so that part is tempting. However, I'm also in a WiMax area and honestly, I can count on one hand the times when WiMax was an option that really helped me out. At home, I stay on WiFi. Away from home, normal data syncing types of apps like weather, Twitter, etc. run well enough on the abysmally slow 3G of Sprint, so it generally hasn't been a big deal. And I know that WiMax will still be supported for awhile, so I'm probably going to hang on to that upgrade as some of you have advised, and wait for the next Nexus. Good advice, and this rom has fixed some bugs I've had, especially associated with my Airave. I'm a happy Liquid Ice customer right now.

What issues did u have with your AirWave before flashing My Rom?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.