08-25-2012 11:12 AM
538 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Running RC4, with modem and S voice. No problems at all. LED works fine. Battery life and performance are great. Quadrant is considerably better as well.
    Thanks Dark Knight

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    My benchmark scores are considerably lower than stock especially with antutu but I'm calling BS because this rom is much smoother and snappier.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-19-2012 02:08 AM
    If anyone wants HD YouTube with this rom since it doesn't come preinstalled with gapps then download this...

http://www.4shared.com/android/I4_eL...tubeHDics.html

Then push it to system/app/, rename it to "Youtube.apk" and reboot phone. Works great and looks 10 times better than the regular YouTube app. Try not to get lost in the nether realms :P.

07-19-2012 02:27 AM
    so can this be flashed from any cwm.?

I comes with safe recovery?
    07-19-2012 06:55 AM
    so can this be flashed from any cwm.?

I comes with safe recovery?
    It has safe recovery. It also has GB Update Binary. And it has the eMMc lockup code removed from the kernel as well.
    07-19-2012 08:46 AM
    Hey....how dare you mock the pick unicorn boot animation. :thumbup::beer: I am deeply offended by your desire to change it. Lol

Im just messing.

Yes this is bootanimation.zip supported by default. Just look in /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Delete the default one and then add yours. Change permissions to "chmod 644" then reboot.
    Can you do this with any picture.?

07-19-2012 08:46 AM
    Can you do this with any picture.?

Oh boy. Ok let me make this easier. Go into google play and find Boot Animation Changer. You will find several diff options. It will do all the work for you.
    07-19-2012 08:52 AM
    New Nightly is in op. New scripts. New code. And new kernel. Check out the kernel source link in my op for the full layout. Enjoy.
    07-19-2012 12:18 PM
    I guess I am the only one having some major issues with this rom. Downloaded the rom multiple times and flashed it multiple times and still having lots of issues. 4g disconnects (unchecks itself), sleep of death and random reboots. This morning I was in the middle of talking to someone on the phone and it just started clicking and then rebooted. For me it is hard to use this rom like it is. I have three different logcats attached in the zip file.. not too familiar with logcats so hopefully they will work.
    07-19-2012 12:27 PM
    Sorry, duplicate post.. phone had an episode.
    07-19-2012 12:30 PM
    I guess I am the only one having some major issues with this rom. Downloaded the rom multiple times and flashed it multiple times and still having lots of issues. 4g disconnects (unchecks itself), sleep of death and random reboots. This morning I was in the middle of talking to someone on the phone and it just started clicking and then rebooted. For me it is hard to use this rom like it is. I have three different logcats attached in the zip file.. not too familiar with logcats so hopefully they will work.
    Ok ill get to bottom of it.
    patrao_n likes this.
    07-19-2012 01:05 PM
    Wow wow wow...your logcats look like a nuclear bomb went off. Wow.
    First lets address the 4G issue. What modem are you on? It looks like EL29 baseband. Second issue. What modifications have you flashed? There are a ton of sqlite database errors. Also the apps you are DLing. I saw a few of the apps. Mainly "Tunny Browser and doliphin browser" that were giving errors left and right. All I can say is "what the f**k" :what:
    07-19-2012 01:51 PM
    What's different in the nightlies from rc4? Does the kernel support over clocking?

07-19-2012 01:52 PM
    What's different in the nightlies from rc4? Does the kernel support over clocking?

RC4 is more "stable" then the nightlies. Only my nightlies support overclocking. Lots and lots of experimental commits were cherry picked. Some may work and some wont. Also nightlies are not officially supported by me. Only RCs and Stable builds are supported by me
    07-19-2012 01:58 PM
    a
    Wow wow wow...your logcats look like a nuclear bomb went off. Wow.
    First lets address the 4G issue. What modem are you on? It looks like EL29 baseband. Second issue. What modifications have you flashed? There are a ton of sqlite database errors. Also the apps you are DLing. I saw a few of the apps. Mainly "Tunny Browser and doliphin browser" that were giving errors left and right. All I can say is "what the f**k" :what:
    The modem I am using is the one you listed here.. that, the gapps flash and the vvm is the only things I have flashed.
    07-19-2012 02:06 PM
    a

The modem I am using is the one you listed here.. that, the gapps flash and the vvm is the only things I have flashed.
    What about apps?
    07-19-2012 02:09 PM
    a

Get me a screenshot of your about phone in settings
    07-19-2012 02:09 PM
    Could rc4 be dual booted with the nightlies.. cuz I really don't wanna switch.. I like rc4 :rolleyes:

07-19-2012 03:03 PM
    Could rc4 be dual booted with the nightlies.. cuz I really don't wanna switch.. I like rc4 :rolleyes:

I think so. Never tried. Why dont you back up your current setup inside recovery (make a nandroid) and then try out the nightlies. :thumbup:
    07-19-2012 03:05 PM
    Get me a screenshot of your about phone in settings
    going to revert back to el29 stock and retry.. i cant even get the screenshot app up.. now rebboting every hour..
    07-19-2012 04:03 PM
    going to revert back to el29 stock and retry.. i cant even get the screenshot app up.. now rebboting every hour..
    That might help. Starting off with a clean slate.
    07-19-2012 05:09 PM
    eek, took my phone off the charger at 8:00. 40 minutes later someone texted me and my phone was in my bag all day. Phone didn't sleep at all since the text and android OS sucked battery down to 3% in 7 hours with zero screen time. I will now be checking me phone more often or turning off notification led. I wonder if it will sleep with led off?

07-19-2012 06:53 PM
    eek, took my phone off the charger at 8:00. 40 minutes later someone texted me and my phone was in my bag all day. Phone didn't sleep at all since the text and android OS sucked battery down to 3% in 7 hours with zero screen time. I will now be checking me phone more often or turning off notification led. I wonder if it will sleep with led off?

Which one are you on RC4 or Nightlies?
    07-19-2012 06:54 PM
    Well, started over and everything was working well until the screen started.pulsating and phone just.shut.off. rebooted and my battery went from 60%.before it shut.off.to 5%.. phone info shot and.logcat attached. Sucks because I really like this rom.
    07-19-2012 06:59 PM
    Which one are you on RC4 or Nightlies?
    **Sigh** .... nightlies....**head down**

Sorry man. I know you don't want any feedback on nightlies but isn't the whole purpose of nightlies to try out experimental additions and possibly better the rom/kernel? How will you know what is and isn't working without some feedback? How will you know what to add/remove from new nightlies?

Maybe we should start a new thread specifically for nightlies discussion? I'd really like to talk about them and get feedback from people who are running newer versions and what not. Just a thought.

I hope your family is hanging in there. Best wishes.
    07-19-2012 08:03 PM
    **Sigh** .... nightlies....**head down**

Sorry man. I know you don't want any feedback on nightlies but isn't the whole purpose of nightlies to try out experimental additions and possibly better the rom/kernel? How will you know what is and isn't working without some feedback? How will you know what to add/remove from new nightlies?

Maybe we should start a new thread specifically for nightlies discussion? I'd really like to talk about them and get feedback from people who are running newer versions and what not. Just a thought.

I hope your family is hanging in there. Best wishes.
    I like you idea.

Go here for nightlies support
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=192370

[Discussion][Support] AOKP Nightlies
    patrao_n likes this.
    07-19-2012 09:24 PM
538 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD