[ROM][July 23, 2012] AOKP Milestone 6 [RC5] AOKP/CM9 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I am getting these texts too.. Very strange.. Using RC4 but I was also getting them on the xda version as well.. Also getting sleep of death at times on RC4..

CM9, Codename Android, AOKP, And AOSP based ROMs are all getting these texts. Ive heard it has something to do with emergency broadcast texting. Idk

Get me a logcat as soon as you experience the "Sleep of death". Its most likely a kernel issue. I wont know til I get that logcat :)

someguyatx

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
Its based on the same AOKP Source code but I never got around to looking at times_infinity s newest build. Mine is a lot faster and gps now works correctly.

Thanks I have not checked out his latest build either, I am on build 40 from times if that means anything to you and overall its good. I guess I will try yours next to compare.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Dark, I know you didn't build these roms from scratch but porting and compiling and tweaking is still work. Plus you've answered all my questions I've had while trying to learn this stuff without flaming me or being an ass. Throw up a link so I can donate...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

I second this motion. I'm not sure if he already posted or not, but I will :D

Sent from my piece of expensive plastic and silicon.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Well I'm just happy to know that I'm not the only one getting the texts and its not hackers from Russia injecting aliens into my phone and uploading a virus to the pentagon. So its all good ;)

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm changing some settings and rebooting my phone. I've got this bug where after I reboot my display is stuck at full brightness whether I change it in menu or not. Also, notification led is not working. Gonna mess around with some settings to verify.

I can't get brightness to go down no matter what I try. Thinking about reflashing from :(. Damn it, right after I get everything set up.

thenameisnigel

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 19, 2012] AOKP Milestone 6 [RC][Nightlies]

I'm changing some settings and rebooting my phone. I've got this bug where after I reboot my display is stuck at full brightness whether I change it in menu or not. Also, notification led is not working. Gonna mess around with some settings to verify.

I can't get brightness to go down no matter what I try. Thinking about reflashing from :(. Damn it, right after I get everything set up.

Nightly or Release Candidate?

If it's a nightly, he asked ub the OP not to report any bugs as nightlys are unstable OSes.
If it's a RC, then fire up them bugs, but shouldn't expect a responsible. I think he's busy atm.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

It was the RC4. I'm flashing the nightly right now though, gonna take it for a test drive.

Edit: Off to a great start. Noticed notification light is already working :D

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Well.. thought I would reflash to see if it remedied my problem with sod.. did not have an sod yet but did.experience a 4g disconnect as on the xda rom. 4g disconnects and.grays.out and says that it is turning on and just stays like that. Also got my first Los in a while. Screenshot attached for 4g error but logcat.was.too big.to attach.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

I anyone is curious, none of the bugs I had are present in the nightly. I just went through all the settings and tried to recreate the bugs I had several times. Everything is working perfectly.

Also, I FU**4NG LOVE AOKP. Seriously, it's amazing. To the guy reading this right now who has a stock setup and is trying to decide if he wants to root and flash a rom. Flash this sh*7 immediately. Yes you. Do it.

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Running RC4, with modem and S voice. No problems at all. LED works fine. Battery life and performance are great. Quadrant is considerably better as well.
Thanks Dark Knight :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Running RC4, with modem and S voice. No problems at all. LED works fine. Battery life and performance are great. Quadrant is considerably better as well.
Thanks Dark Knight :D

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

My benchmark scores are considerably lower than stock especially with antutu but I'm calling BS because this rom is much smoother and snappier.

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey....how dare you mock the pick unicorn boot animation. :thumbup::p:beer: I am deeply offended by your desire to change it. Lol

Im just messing. :)

Yes this is bootanimation.zip supported by default. Just look in /system/media/bootanimation.zip. Delete the default one and then add yours. Change permissions to "chmod 644" then reboot.
Can you do this with any picture.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz