[ROM][July 23, 2012] AOKP Milestone 6 [RC5] AOKP/CM9 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 19, 2012] AOKP Milestone 6 [RC][Nightlies]

I guess I am the only one having some major issues with this rom. Downloaded the rom multiple times and flashed it multiple times and still having lots of issues. 4g disconnects (unchecks itself), sleep of death and random reboots. This morning I was in the middle of talking to someone on the phone and it just started clicking and then rebooted. For me it is hard to use this rom like it is. I have three different logcats attached in the zip file.. not too familiar with logcats so hopefully they will work.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I guess I am the only one having some major issues with this rom. Downloaded the rom multiple times and flashed it multiple times and still having lots of issues. 4g disconnects (unchecks itself), sleep of death and random reboots. This morning I was in the middle of talking to someone on the phone and it just started clicking and then rebooted. For me it is hard to use this rom like it is. I have three different logcats attached in the zip file.. not too familiar with logcats so hopefully they will work.

Ok ill get to bottom of it.

Reactions: patrao_n

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Wow wow wow...your logcats look like a nuclear bomb went off. Wow.
First lets address the 4G issue. What modem are you on? It looks like EL29 baseband. Second issue. What modifications have you flashed? There are a ton of sqlite database errors. Also the apps you are DLing. I saw a few of the apps. Mainly "Tunny Browser and doliphin browser" that were giving errors left and right. All I can say is "what the f**k" :what::confused::eek:

Sychotik

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
What's different in the nightlies from rc4? Does the kernel support over clocking?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
What's different in the nightlies from rc4? Does the kernel support over clocking?

RC4 is more "stable" then the nightlies. Only my nightlies support overclocking. Lots and lots of experimental commits were cherry picked. Some may work and some wont. Also nightlies are not officially supported by me. Only RCs and Stable builds are supported by me :)

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

a
Wow wow wow...your logcats look like a nuclear bomb went off. Wow.
First lets address the 4G issue. What modem are you on? It looks like EL29 baseband. Second issue. What modifications have you flashed? There are a ton of sqlite database errors. Also the apps you are DLing. I saw a few of the apps. Mainly "Tunny Browser and doliphin browser" that were giving errors left and right. All I can say is "what the f**k" :what::confused::eek:

The modem I am using is the one you listed here.. that, the gapps flash and the vvm is the only things I have flashed.

Sychotik

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
Could rc4 be dual booted with the nightlies.. cuz I really don't wanna switch.. I like rc4 :rolleyes:

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Could rc4 be dual booted with the nightlies.. cuz I really don't wanna switch.. I like rc4 :rolleyes:

I think so. Never tried. Why dont you back up your current setup inside recovery (make a nandroid) and then try out the nightlies. :thumbup::cool:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
eek, took my phone off the charger at 8:00. 40 minutes later someone texted me and my phone was in my bag all day. Phone didn't sleep at all since the text and android OS sucked battery down to 3% in 7 hours with zero screen time. I will now be checking me phone more often or turning off notification led. I wonder if it will sleep with led off?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
eek, took my phone off the charger at 8:00. 40 minutes later someone texted me and my phone was in my bag all day. Phone didn't sleep at all since the text and android OS sucked battery down to 3% in 7 hours with zero screen time. I will now be checking me phone more often or turning off notification led. I wonder if it will sleep with led off?

Which one are you on RC4 or Nightlies?

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Well, started over and everything was working well until the screen started.pulsating and phone just.shut.off. rebooted and my battery went from 60%.before it shut.off.to 5%.. phone info shot and.logcat attached. Sucks because I really like this rom.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

Which one are you on RC4 or Nightlies?

**Sigh** .... nightlies....**head down**

Sorry man. I know you don't want any feedback on nightlies but isn't the whole purpose of nightlies to try out experimental additions and possibly better the rom/kernel? How will you know what is and isn't working without some feedback? How will you know what to add/remove from new nightlies?

Maybe we should start a new thread specifically for nightlies discussion? I'd really like to talk about them and get feedback from people who are running newer versions and what not. Just a thought.

I hope your family is hanging in there. Best wishes.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
**Sigh** .... nightlies....**head down**

Sorry man. I know you don't want any feedback on nightlies but isn't the whole purpose of nightlies to try out experimental additions and possibly better the rom/kernel? How will you know what is and isn't working without some feedback? How will you know what to add/remove from new nightlies?

Maybe we should start a new thread specifically for nightlies discussion? I'd really like to talk about them and get feedback from people who are running newer versions and what not. Just a thought.

I hope your family is hanging in there. Best wishes.

I like you idea.

Go here for nightlies support
http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=192370

[Discussion][Support] AOKP Nightlies

Reactions: patrao_n
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy