[ROM][July 23, 2012] AOKP Milestone 6 [RC5] AOKP/CM9 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

dweeze87

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 23, 2012] AOKP Milestone 6 [RC5] AOKP/CM9 [Nightli

Could somebody pretty please tell me where in the system I can extract the wallpaper images? I want to use one for my lock screen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Are you downloading from an app or pushing them to your phone from pc?

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

is anyone having the issue of rc6 failing to flash on their devices :/

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

is anyone having the issue of rc6 failing to flash on their devices :/

No flashed fine for me but I came from ICS ff18 stock root.. maybe try that it worked great except for not having a keyboard input.. just the voice input. I'm sure if you put a keyboard apk on your sd and install it once you flash youll be fine

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

No flashed fine for me but I came from ICS ff18 stock root.. maybe try that it worked great except for not having a keyboard input.. just the voice input. I'm sure if you put a keyboard apk on your sd and install it once you flash youll be fine

i already have the swype beta apk on my sd card so im fine :)

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

i already have the swype beta apk on my sd card so im fine :)

Oh good good, but did you experience the same thing I did? The lack of a keyboard? or is this just a random anomaly for me lol

Thanks

Brad.White

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site

I'm having problems flashing this rom, or any other ics rom, for that matter. I did all the steps: odin back to el29, installed cwm 5, wiped everything, etc. But when I try to install this or the liquid ice rom, I get this message:
"Assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device")... ... E:Error in /sdcard/AOKP_E4TG_Milestone_6_RC5_20120722.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted"
I've re-odined to el29 and reinstalled cwm 3 times now, same deal. I tried installing alogcat and root explorer but there was no /init.d directory. I'm at a dead end. I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I'm having problems flashing this rom, or any other ics rom, for that matter. I did all the steps: odin back to el29, installed cwm 5, wiped everything, etc. But when I try to install this or the liquid ice rom, I get this message:
"Assert failed: getprop ("ro.product.device")... ... E:Error in /sdcard/AOKP_E4TG_Milestone_6_RC5_20120722.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted"
I've re-odined to el29 and reinstalled cwm 3 times now, same deal. I tried installing alogcat and root explorer but there was no /init.d directory. I'm at a dead end. I'd really appreciate some help. Thanks!

I use el26. I doubt that is the problem, but el26 with cwm 5 has worked for me every time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Oh good good, but did you experience the same thing I did? The lack of a keyboard? or is this just a random anomaly for me lol

Thanks

I had the exact same problem
I was so frustrated. I remembered I had a nandroid of rc5 -.-
So unfortunately I'm still on rc5
Rc6 does not have a keyboard and trwp recovery won't let me flash either or builds mentioned

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
(Status 7)
Installation aborted"

I got it rc5 to work
[Qbking77 update to ff18]
I oc Odin ff18
II auto root for clockworkmod options d then e
III then flashing Rom
If you flash rc6 let us know if you have an issue with the keyboard not being present

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I has issues the first time I flashed rc4 so I backed up everything to my laptop and then wiped EVERYTHING, including my SD card. Reflashed, redownloaded all my apps fresh from the market and have had zero issues this time around. Like stated above, try flashing back to GB, get lock, boot into recovery, and reflash aokp.

I was able to fix GPS lock by following your instructions.

Flash GB (EL26)
GPS Locked at ~10 accuracy
Load CWM
Flash RC5, gapps, modem

Oh had to flash rc5 twice because it was looping the boot animation on the first try...I let the crazy thing loop for 5 minutes before I pulled the battery.

Things are looking good!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was able to fix GPS lock by following your instructions.

Flash GB (EL26)
GPS Locked at ~10 accuracy
Load CWM
Flash RC5, gapps, modem

Oh had to flash rc5 twice because it was looping the boot animation on the first try...I let the crazy thing loop for 5 minutes before I pulled the battery.

Things are looking good!

Ok so the code changes are doing wonders for GPS. Good stuff. I think im going to discontinue the nightlies. Only 1 download in 4 days :what: however my RCs are flying like hotcakes. 371 Downloads of RC4 :)

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

(Status 7)
Installation aborted"

This happened to me coming from el29, flash ff18 + a recovery and everything should work.

jhcomputerguy

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

Dark knight, will this rom work with ff18 stock kernal and stock modem? Was thinking that i still would like to use this rom and want to see if it might be the kernal or radio causing the problems.

Sychotik

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site

omg rc6 no keyboard.. and i cant figure out how to install one cuz theres no file browser.. and i cant sign in to my google account to download one.. i think im stuck.. i have no computer to flash el26 back to rc5...

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

omg rc6 no keyboard.. and i cant figure out how to install one cuz theres no file browser.. and i cant sign in to my google account to download one.. i think im stuck.. i have no computer to flash el26 back to rc5...

lol im sorry but thats kinda funny. Same thing happened to me last night when i tried.

but didnt you just type that post from a computer?

:(

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

I just looked at RC6. It does have a keyboard. "LatinIME.apk" is in the system folder.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure whether it had a keyboard or not. I use app2zip which allows me to install my apps from recovery right after I install rom. I would check it or if I were you guys.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX