08-25-2012 11:10 AM
704 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Heres my last question. Can I flash Chris kernel right after flashing the ROM or should I reboot system and let the rom set up then flash kernel. I really dont understand the twrp recovery much lol. And do tw apps work with this ROM?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-30-2012 08:56 AM
    Heres my last question. Can I flash Chris kernel right after flashing the ROM or should I reboot system and let the rom set up then flash kernel. I really dont understand the twrp recovery much lol. And do tw apps work with this ROM?

Yes you can flash kernel right after flashing gapps. You flash ROM first then gapps 2nd then kernel 3rd and reboot.

yaniel06 likes this.
    07-30-2012 09:12 AM
    I'm on his most recent kernel cwm 6
    Do you recommend I flash the el26 or stay with the setup
    If you plan on flashing any future builds then be safe and flash the el26 kernel with cwm5. Its proven safe when flashing ICS or JB builds and worth the hassle (if you consider it a hassle).
    07-30-2012 09:39 AM
    One thing I have run into with Stable 2 - the GPS is always on. Typically GPS becomes active when needed (maps, Facebook, etc). But after flashing it was on from the first reboot. Tried battery pull, reboots etc but no effect.

Just turned it off for now and that shut it down but never had this problem with any other build.
    07-30-2012 09:46 AM
    One thing I have run into with Stable 2 - the GPS is always on. Typically GPS becomes active when needed (maps, Facebook, etc). But after flashing it was on from the first reboot. Tried battery pull, reboots etc but no effect.

Just turned it off for now and that shut it down but never had this problem with any other build.
    I didnt modify anything gps related in v2
    07-30-2012 10:07 AM
    Anybody having issues with voice mail.
    If so any suggestions on how to fix.

07-30-2012 10:17 AM

It would really help if you could be more specific.
    07-30-2012 10:20 AM

I hate to sound like a butt head but I think from now on if anyone has a issue and they want to report it its now going to be a requirement to post a logcat. No Logcat means it never happened and the issue will be ignored from here on out.

Alot of users are trickling over from xda and its showing more and more daily. Please post a logcat to report any issues. Thanks for everyones understanding.
    vmini91 likes this.
    07-30-2012 10:26 AM
    I didnt modify anything gps related in v2
    Fixed. Reflashed ROM and also Gapps. Suspect it was the latter as there was a few other oddities that it also fixed.
    07-30-2012 10:41 AM
    DK
    I'd like to let you know that startup tweaks still wont save when I select them and go back/reboot. like in stable 1
    So this has not been fixed yet? This is really my only issue with stable 1 but I thought it was addressed by stable 2. Can anybody else confirm?
    07-30-2012 11:03 AM
    So this has not been fixed yet? This is really my only issue with stable 1 but I thought it was addressed by stable 2. Can anybody else confirm?
    I recompiled the rom control app and recompiled the framework on stable 2. If the tweaks arent sticking then its an Aokp Girrit issue.
    07-30-2012 11:08 AM
    My tweaks are also not sticking. No worries though. Has anyone tried running the script through manager instead?

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    07-30-2012 11:29 AM
    My tweaks are also not sticking. No worries though. Has anyone tried running the script through manager instead?

Let me try to figure this out.
    patrao_n likes this.
    07-30-2012 11:33 AM
    For anyone wanting to run those init.d tweaks use these directions in kobridges op to run them. Http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1668853

07-30-2012 11:37 AM
    ok,
    tried to install stable 2
    installed just fine. installed google apps ... no prob...
    this is the second time I have had this first was with the builds before stable
    with the old modem...
    I get this error...

( updating modem to s.fg20
    script aborted) ( no error message) E:Error in /sdcard/fg20.zip
    (status 7)
    install aborted
    any clue or pointer everything else installs no prob at all..
    OK... all is good now .
    I was using EL29 that auto booted into cwm.
    which was giving me the (status 7) error did the mobile Odin EL26 cwm manual get in recovery wiped all... everything is smooth so far with new modem might go back to other modem if I can find it... not sold on boost modem yet :-P ... will run it a couple days..
    thanks for all the help
    07-30-2012 01:16 PM
    OK... all is good now .
    I was using EL29 that auto booted into cwm.
    which was giving me the (status 7) error did the mobile Odin EL26 cwm manual get in recovery wiped all... everything is smooth so far with new modem might go back to other modem if I can find it... not sold on boost modem yet :-P ... will run it a couple days..
    thanks for all the help
    Pm me if you want the recommended modem if you can't find it
    byte1 likes this.
    07-30-2012 06:26 PM
    I had two reboots while browsing the web. I'm trying to recreate and get a logcat of the issue when it happens again.
    07-30-2012 07:35 PM
    I had two reboots while browsing the web. I'm trying to recreate and get a logcat of the issue when it happens again.
    This is a first. Please do show a logcat
    07-30-2012 09:12 PM
    Does anyones google search bar just randomly pop in to say hello? I am using nova launcher. I have removed it. And sometimes when I am coming back to the home screen from an app like tapatalk it shows up just until I move that page. Weird. Just wondering. Its not a problem. It might be with nova launcher.

07-31-2012 07:28 AM
    Does anyones google search bar just randomly pop in to say hello? I am using nova launcher. I have removed it. And sometimes when I am coming back to the home screen from an app like tapatalk it shows up just until I move that page. Weird. Just wondering. Its not a problem. It might be with nova launcher.

I know they updated nova launcher in the market. Try that one.
    07-31-2012 08:46 AM
    Thank but I got that one. Doesn't cause any problems. Just curious

07-31-2012 01:02 PM
    On a different note. When I look up any app in the playstore and select it, then push back to go back to the list it starts at the top again. For instance look up keyboard and scroll down. Then pick one. Then push back. Instead of starting where I was it starts at the top. Anyone else?

07-31-2012 01:07 PM
    On a different note. When I look up any app in the playstore and select it, then push back to go back to the list it starts at the top again. For instance look up keyboard and scroll down. Then pick one. Then push back. Instead of starting where I was it starts at the top. Anyone else?

I get this on CM9 as well. Makes me think it's an issue with the CM9 source that AOKP is based on.
    patrao_n likes this.
    07-31-2012 01:15 PM
    I just flashed AOKP after using CM9 for about 2 months. So far, the change has been very easy (and the ROM Manager has been great to work with!). However, one thing I did notice is that I don't have a 4G toggle anymore. Is that normal? I thought Stable 2 supported 4G?
    07-31-2012 01:16 PM
    I just flashed AOKP after using CM9 for about 2 months. So far, the change has been very easy (and the ROM Manager has been great to work with!). However, one thing I did notice is that I don't have a 4G toggle anymore. Is that normal? I thought Stable 2 supported 4G?
    I'm assuming you mean the 4G toggle on your notification bar. You can add/remove the widget/toggle button choices and order in the System settings.
    07-31-2012 01:38 PM
704 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD