08-25-2012 11:10 AM
704 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    I just flashed AOKP after using CM9 for about 2 months. So far, the change has been very easy (and the ROM Manager has been great to work with!). However, one thing I did notice is that I don't have a 4G toggle anymore. Is that normal? I thought Stable 2 supported 4G?
    It does support 4g and it works very well. You are talking about the 4g toggle button on the notification list. AOKP does not have the option to put the 4g toggle on the notification list... at least that im aware of.

Instead go to settings ---> more (under the network settings) and 4g options.
    07-31-2012 01:38 PM
    It does support 4g and it works very well. You are talking about the 4g toggle button on the notification list. AOKP does not have the option to put the 4g toggle on the notification list... at least that im aware of.

Instead go to settings ---> more (under the network settings) and 4g options.
    That's what I needed to know! I've been spoiled by CM9's toggle switch... Thanks!
    07-31-2012 01:49 PM
    So does the ROM come with a good Kernel and the recommend one is a fun option? I flashed Milestone 6 at XDA and it's awesome.

I'm not familiar with flashing kernels outside of using mobile odin to get back to EL26 CWM safe recovery.

Can I:
    MobileOdin EL26
    Wipe Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache
    Flash Rom
    Flash Gapps

Boot?
    07-31-2012 04:58 PM
    I guess my main confusion is two fold: Can I flash a Kernel with the same process from a safe recovery like I would a ROM and Gapps?

Also, there appears to be several versions of the kernel in the link for the Chrisg41 Kernel and I'm not sure which to use?
    07-31-2012 05:13 PM
    I guess my main confusion is two fold: Can I flash a Kernel with the same process from a safe recovery like I would a ROM and Gapps?

Also, there appears to be several versions of the kernel in the link for the Chrisg41 Kernel and I'm not sure which to use?
    For you flashing question I've never flashed this baby from el26 but im sure it would work. I always go from stock root ff18 and it works all the time.

The kernel thats include works very well and is stable. The recommended kernel is just as stable but offers more choices in terms of CPU governors, etc.

Chris kernels vary based on what recovery is included. CWM or TWRP. Either one should would its just up to you what kind of recovery you want. I tried his latest one last night and I had some issues booting. PM me if you want the version i use.. I think its v9 but it works great.

UPDATE: Looks like Chris published updated kernels as of this afternoon. I haven't tried them yet but I'm doing that right now. I'll let you know how that turns out.
    Jmuney likes this.
    07-31-2012 05:23 PM
    Thanks, I'll EL26 to do the update. Please do PM me if you find a better kernel than the one that comes pre-loaded in the ROM :-)
    07-31-2012 06:03 PM
    Update: much smoother and more stable than milestone 6 from July 20! Can't wait for JB!
    07-31-2012 08:32 PM
    Curious if tabUI mod works for this build..

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-7.30 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    07-31-2012 08:48 PM
    Curious if tabUI mod works for this build..

sj

Sent with my Epic 4G Touch on CM9-7.30 @ 128 dpi using Tap@Talk Pro v2.2.4
    Yes it does work
    07-31-2012 09:09 PM
    Hey DK, I just flashed this AOKP after a full wipe and used Chris41's 41g-CWM-RC10-0731 as the kernel. I am currently getting LOS on my phone which never happened to me before on ICS (on FF18 modem) and I would like a copy of the same kernel that you're using on this AOKP Stable 2 ROM to flash it back to the original kernel that came with the ROM.
    08-01-2012 03:37 AM
    Hey DK, I just flashed this AOKP after a full wipe and used Chris41's 41g-CWM-RC10-0731 as the kernel. I am currently getting LOS on my phone which never happened to me before on ICS (on FF18 modem) and I would like a copy of the same kernel that you're using on this AOKP Stable 2 ROM to flash it back to the original kernel that came with the ROM.
    You would want to try different modes
    There is a page on xda acs pages that have them all listed

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 04:18 AM
    Whenever I get mms I have to hop off WiFi
    Is there a fix for this or am I SOL

08-01-2012 04:24 AM
    The have the same wifi issue.
    08-01-2012 04:33 AM
    Nevermind I just pulled the boot.img from your ROM and flashed it via mobile odin.
    08-01-2012 05:18 AM
    Loving this Rom

08-01-2012 05:35 AM
    How do we attach a log cat I can't find anywhere to attach the file

08-01-2012 09:23 AM
    How do we attach a log cat I can't find anywhere to attach the file

Upload to dropbox
    elport likes this.
    08-01-2012 09:38 AM
    How come there's a deep sleep? Where I can't wake the phone.

08-01-2012 09:41 AM
    Nevermind I just pulled the boot.img from your ROM and flashed it via mobile odin.
    re-flashing the ROM would have reverted the kernel as well
    08-01-2012 10:09 AM
    How come there's a deep sleep? Where I can't wake the phone.

Can you explain a little more, I think i know what your talking about cause ive had a problem like that before.
    08-01-2012 11:12 AM
    Can you explain a little more, I think i know what your talking about cause ive had a problem like that before.
    well the screen goes to sleep and then when i turn the phone back on the screen doesnt go back on.... in order to turn it back on i would pull the battery or do the volume up and power button....
    08-01-2012 11:23 AM
    well the screen goes to sleep and then when i turn the phone back on the screen doesnt go back on.... in order to turn it back on i would pull the battery or do the volume up and power button....
    Logcat plz. Follow the dirextions in op to get me one
    08-01-2012 11:53 AM
    http://db.tt/NMHNKadQ

http://db.tt/6u2n2ZzT

Here is a third: http://db.tt/FSptpSkQ

I had two reboots within a short span. See the logcats posted, hope those help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 03:15 PM
    I've been on stable 1 since it came out.. no problems

08-01-2012 05:52 PM
    Hey DK, first off, MUCH props to what you're doing for the e4gt community... awesome work! I noticed something not-that-big-of-a-deal today that's present in both stable builds, though.

The soft keys (with the pre-installed kernel) only light up when they're physically touched (I've tried 2 different recommended kernels and they only turn on whenever first booting or adjusting the brightness). On the factory rom, they turn on whenever the touchscreen OR soft keys are touched.

It makes it a little tough to see in the dark, but I know you're still ironing out some bugs... keep up the good work, man!! :thumbup:

Sent from my AOKP-equipped E4GT using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 07:25 PM
704 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD