08-25-2012 11:10 AM
704 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    Hey DK, first off, MUCH props to what you're doing for the e4gt community... awesome work! I noticed something not-that-big-of-a-deal today that's present in both stable builds, though.

The soft keys (with the pre-installed kernel) only light up when they're physically touched (I've tried 2 different recommended kernels and they only turn on whenever first booting or adjusting the brightness). On the factory rom, they turn on whenever the touchscreen OR soft keys are touched.

It makes it a little tough to see in the dark, but I know you're still ironing out some bugs... keep up the good work, man!! :thumbup:

Sent from my AOKP-equipped E4GT using Tapatalk 2
    I also have that exact issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-01-2012 07:34 PM
    Hey DK, first off, MUCH props to what you're doing for the e4gt community... awesome work! I noticed something not-that-big-of-a-deal today that's present in both stable builds, though.

The soft keys (with the pre-installed kernel) only light up when they're physically touched (I've tried 2 different recommended kernels and they only turn on whenever first booting or adjusting the brightness). On the factory rom, they turn on whenever the touchscreen OR soft keys are touched.

It makes it a little tough to see in the dark, but I know you're still ironing out some bugs... keep up the good work, man!! :thumbup:

Sent from my AOKP-equipped E4GT using Tapatalk 2
    There should be a setting in the settings app to adjust the buttons.
    08-01-2012 07:40 PM
    There should be a setting in the settings app to adjust the buttons.
    Are you referring to the below setting? If so, it's enabled by default.

08-01-2012 07:46 PM
    Hey dk, your rom is excellent there is only one thing that keeps it fully complete for me and I believe it to be a simple fix for you. Could you increase the bitpool for audio streaming in the kernel settings? I'd do it myself but I don't have a proper build environment and know nothing about touching a kernel and since it's a simple numerical value change I figure it'd be easy for you to implement.

Times_infinitys kernel in his latest release is the only one with the bitpool high enough to eliminate clipping in audio if you need a number to reference.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-01-2012 08:36 PM
    Hey dk, your rom is excellent there is only one thing that keeps it fully complete for me and I believe it to be a simple fix for you. Could you increase the bitpool for audio streaming in the kernel settings? I'd do it myself but I don't have a proper build environment and know nothing about touching a kernel and since it's a simple numerical value change I figure it'd be easy for you to implement.

Times_infinitys kernel in his latest release is the only one with the bitpool high enough to eliminate clipping in audio if you need a number to reference.

I am using times infinitys kernel in this rom already.
    08-01-2012 09:46 PM
    http://db.tt/NI4P3LNo that's my logcat.

08-02-2012 07:45 AM
    Post deleted
    thecloudyowl and patrao_n like this.
    08-02-2012 07:55 AM
    Well I for one love this rom. Absolutely no problems here. I have used the aokp there and it was awful. Keep up the great work dark. Screw them.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-02-2012 08:22 AM
    Well I for one love this rom. Absolutely no problems here. I have used the aokp there and it was awful. Keep up the great work dark. Screw them.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    Think dk is talking about cm10 and not aokp lol.

08-02-2012 08:26 AM
    Oops I posted in the wrong thread. Lol.
    08-02-2012 08:37 AM
    Anyone having trouble with 4G? My disconnects and then says "Unknown". If I restart it, then it works fine.

I am in bad service at work (though when I do connect to 4g I am getting 10mbps down) , but this is happening allover Brooklyn/Queens, where I usually get good service.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-02-2012 09:19 AM
    Same here. I believe it's an AOSP issue rather than a single build. Perhaps DK can clarify.

@Dark have you had a chance to look over my logs a few post back? Just wondering if it's a user issue or bug that is causing my reboots.

08-02-2012 09:45 AM
    Same here. I believe it's an AOSP issue rather than a single build. Perhaps DK can clarify.

@Dark have you had a chance to look over my logs a few post back? Just wondering if it's a user issue or bug that is causing my reboots.

Ive lost count of all the logcats ive looked at
    08-02-2012 10:04 AM
    im thinking about giving cm10 a try.,.... i know last time the sound wasnt working when i got calls... and the vibration is weak... is that fixed?
    08-02-2012 11:12 AM
    Ive lost count of all the logcats ive looked at
    Ha ha, that's cool. I posted three logcats here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/epi...ml#post2032357

I had two consecutive reboots then a third that followed shortly after. There have been no reboots since these occurred. No worries if you don't have time to look into the issue since I know your plugging away with JB right now Thanks.
    08-02-2012 11:47 AM
    im thinking about giving cm10 a try.,.... i know last time the sound wasnt working when i got calls... and the vibration is weak... is that fixed?
    This is not the CM 10 JB thread I believe those issues were squashed; though, you'd need to check that thread to confirm.
    08-02-2012 11:50 AM
    Just an update: i will be updating thing to AOKP JB Build 41 once my CM10 build is stable. Right now this is already the most stable aosp based rom to date for ICS. Jellybean is still highly unstable.
    Jmuney, patrao_n and WhoAmI like this.
    08-02-2012 02:07 PM
    Is there a way to get the torch to work when the screen is off?

Also, how do I make a log? I've had a few random reboots. Other than that, smooth sailing and amazing battery life/stability.

08-02-2012 02:54 PM
    Instructions for a logcat are in the first post.

08-02-2012 03:10 PM
    Does this ROM have a safe kernal included? I've flashed a lot of stuff from recovery already. Just wondering if I should use more caution. I'm running build 1 btw. I know I should prolly upgrade to build 2 but haven't had any problems so far with build 1. Thanks

08-02-2012 09:15 PM
    Does this ROM have the safe kernal included? I've flashed a lot of stuff from recovery already. Just wondering if I should use more caution. I'm running build 1 btw. I know I should prolly upgrade to build 2 but haven't had any problems so far with build 1. Thanks

Yes the kernel is safe. No bricks reported.
    JWnSC12 and WhoAmI like this.
    08-02-2012 09:16 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked but at work and can't read through entire thread right now. Is there any fix for computer not recognizing phone? I read its a known aokp issue, just looking for a work around

08-03-2012 11:26 AM
    Sorry if this has been asked but at work and can't read through entire thread right now. Is there any fix for computer not recognizing phone? I read its a known aokp issue, just looking for a work around

Ya thats a aokp issue in general. no known fix.
    08-03-2012 11:39 AM
    Hey DK, do you build your GPS fix into your AOSP roms by chance?

08-03-2012 11:45 AM
    Hey DK, do you build your GPS fix into your AOSP roms by chance?

in this rom i did
    08-03-2012 11:48 AM
704 ... 1011121314 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD