08-25-2012 11:10 AM
704 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Hey um...the bottons on the bottom...you know, those 4 handy little guys that navigate the phone...yea they aren't staying lit up. Already checked settings, they only light up on reboot. Then go off and never return...
    Was it something I said? :rolleyes:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    also noticed this last night.

any certain levels we should set? or certain setting?

thanks!
    08-07-2012 10:02 AM
    I noticed that after I flashed some of the recommended kernels. They work better on the cooked-in kernel, although you still have to touch them to get them to light up.

Did you flash another kernel on top, and if so, which one?
    08-07-2012 12:02 PM
    also noticed this last night.

any certain levels we should set? or certain setting?

thanks!
    Mine was doing that too. Menu/settings/Device Options/Sensors. Now make sure Enable keys backlight is checked and then below it is Backlight Timeout. Open that up and click on Never. That's how I have it and it works fine for me. Hope that helps if you didn't already do it.
    willv23 and Downtown Taco like this.
    08-07-2012 02:36 PM
    This rom is freaking awesome. I've only had this phone since Friday and was going to try and stay stock for a while but ICS was being stupid and I couldn't resist

I'm also having the problem with buttons not lighting up, but I've noticed if I turn off auto brightness I have the opposite problem; they will turn on and won't go off again unless I disable it in the settings. I'm on chris41g's latest kernel (RC12?) for what it's worth.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    08-07-2012 02:38 PM
    So after a very long time trying to build up the guts to actually root my phone and flash a rom I finally did it. I followed the videos from qbking77 and they were super easy to follow so I did it and I'm done. I'm running this aokp now and I love the interface. Silky smooth and really easy on the eyes. Thumbs up for that. But I have 2 questions. When I'm trying to send a long text message and in converts to mms it won't send it for me. Why?
    Also, battery life actually sucks pretty much for me. I was hoping to get a days worth of battery out of it at least. Since that's what I'm looking for am I just looking at the wrong rom and maybe should have chosen another or are there some settings that I may have to tweak to get it working the way that I wanted it to?
    Oh btw, when responding try and "dumb down" your answers. lol I don't fully understand everything that I'm doing yet but I'm getting there. Thanks!
    08-07-2012 02:40 PM
    This rom is freaking awesome. I've only had this phone since Friday and was going to try and stay stock for a while but ICS was being stupid and I couldn't resist

I'm also having the problem with buttons not lighting up, but I've noticed if I turn off auto brightness I have the opposite problem; they will turn on and won't go off again unless I disable it in the settings. I'm on chris41g's latest kernel (RC12?) for what it's worth.

Sent from my SPH-D710
    Read my post right before yours and see if that does anything for you.
    08-07-2012 02:42 PM
    Read my post right before yours and see if that does anything for you.
    Thanks, but I just tried it and it didn't help. Not a big deal though, I don't need the key lights on. Maybe it'll save some battery anyway

Sent from my SPH-D710
    epidenimus likes this.
    08-07-2012 02:52 PM
    Just want to confirm the recommended modem will install with stable 2? Or flash it separately?

Dropped my phone with Liquid Ice into some water just got my replacement. Rooted w/ mobile odin and ready to flash this.

*edit* Whoops totally missed the kernel link in your op. Its ok to flash with mobile odin correct?
    08-07-2012 05:14 PM
    Mine was doing that too. Menu/settings/Device Options/Sensors. Now make sure Enable keys backlight is checked and then below it is Backlight Timeout. Open that up and click on Never. That's how I have it and it works fine for me. Hope that helps if you didn't already do it.
    thanks for the help but didnt work i heard using chris41g kernal makes you lose backlight guess ill just do a fresh install and see if i still get good battery life running stock rom
    08-07-2012 06:36 PM
    Yeah I installed the kenrel in the OP and lost backlighting.
    08-07-2012 10:51 PM
    just a quick question in setting>rom control>start-up tweaks....i am having problems getting the check marks to stick...after i enable the settings i want and then back out and the go back in everything is unchecked again...i was wondering if there was a quick remedy for this?
    08-08-2012 03:19 PM
    Everyone having issues with random stuff try flashing chris41gs aosp kernel.
    do u think chis41g's kernel will help with the 4g "unknown" error? this rom would be perfect if i wasn't having this problem. the 4g "unknown" error wouldn't be so bad, but for some reason it effects my 3g also. when ever i get the error i don't have any data even tho it's showing 3g.
    08-08-2012 04:07 PM
    do u think chis41g's kernel will help with the 4g "unknown" error? this rom would be perfect if i wasn't having this problem. the 4g "unknown" error wouldn't be so bad, but for some reason it effects my 3g also. when ever i get the error i don't have any data even tho it's showing 3g.
    Don't quote me on this but I believe the 4G unknown error is still an outstanding issue in his LATEST AOSP kernel.

agentcelsius likes this.
    08-08-2012 04:49 PM
    Don't quote me on this but I believe the 4G unknown error is still an outstanding issue in his LATEST AOSP kernel.
    confirmed. after my phone goes idle it turns off 4g and tries to reconnect then get's the unknown error. for some reason my 3g won't connect to a network after this happens. i thought the 2 were independent radios and one should not effect the other.

and, i know everybody is working on Jelly Bean but it doesn't seem like we'r gonna get a stable build for a while, so it would be nice to have a completely working ics aokp ( hint, hint ;-) )
    08-08-2012 05:17 PM
    Have u tried different modems for the 3g problem? Fc 15 has given me no problems.

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch
    08-08-2012 05:39 PM
    Have u tried different modems for the 3g problem? Fc 15 has given me no problems.
    \

i've had different modems on this phone but from what i've been reading, it's a kernel issue, i've only had el29, fe16, ff18 and i am current on fg31 which rocks by the way. the only time i have not had this issue if i remember correctly was when i was running aokp b36 with fe16
    08-08-2012 05:45 PM
    Just and FYI on the 4G unknown issue, chris41g posted this a bit over an hour ago ...

currently testing a kernel path to fix this 4g thing, if interested in helping, and have 4g, join us on irc..
    agentcelsius likes this.
    08-08-2012 07:24 PM
    Am having trouble playing voicemails in my google voice app and voice-messages in my Voxer app. Seems to be isolated to whatever they use for audio. Anyone else run into this or have a solution?

It plays and if I put it on speaker and put my ear up to the speaker, I can barely make out what's being said. It's like it is just 20 times less volume than normal or something like that.
    08-09-2012 04:43 PM
    Am having trouble playing voicemails in my google voice app and voice-messages in my Voxer app. Seems to be isolated to whatever they use for audio. Anyone else run into this or have a solution?

It plays and if I put it on speaker and put my ear up to the speaker, I can barely make out what's being said. It's like it is just 20 times less volume than normal or something like that.
    Does the same for me. I just use visual voicemail so I can read them rather than try and hear them.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi
    08-09-2012 06:54 PM

If you turn down your volume it will actually work. I had the same issue. Just turn your volume all the way up and then step it down until you can hear it. Seems crazy but it worked for me and a few other people.

Surj138 likes this.
    08-09-2012 10:55 PM
    Whoa. That worked! Life saver!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-09-2012 11:42 PM
    I am now running this with Chris41g's RC12 kernel, Smartassv2 governor with SIO scheduler, jellybean cm9 theme, jellybean animations, jellybean lock screen, jellybean keyboard, fully functional Google Now, FF18 modem, and 200dpi. It is beautiful. And battery life is.....sheds a single tear.....AMAZING.

Oh yeah and Beats Audio

08-10-2012 09:56 AM
    I am now running this with Chris41g's RC12 kernel, Smartassv2 governor with SIO scheduler, jellybean cm9 theme, jellybean animations, jellybean lock screen, jellybean keyboard, fully functional Google Now, FF18 modem, and 200dpi. It is beautiful. And battery life is.....sheds a single tear.....AMAZING.

Oh yeah and Beats Audio

WHERE DID YOU GET BEATSSS? PROVIDE MULTIPLE LINKS FOR THIS STUFF MY FRIEND!

I <3 CAPS LOCK

08-10-2012 11:04 AM
    LOL. I dont want to post links for everything but if you want to pm me your email address I'll hook you up when I get off work. Everything was sourced from xda.

08-10-2012 12:42 PM
    So I have a question about an issue I've been having with my 4G not working. It's been an issue since before I flashed to this ROM. With every ROM I've flashed to, it doesn't seem to make a difference. It'll let me connect to the network and say I'm connected and that it's active, but when I test the speed, I'm literally getting like 1kB/s downloading, but my upload speed seems to be fine. I thought flashing to this ROM and using the suggested kernel would help because I've heard such good things about both, and they're both incredible! But, it hasn't fixed my 4G problem ;( Any suggestions anyone? I'm also using the stock FF18 modem.
    08-10-2012 12:56 PM
704 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD