08-25-2012 11:10 AM
704 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    Just installed S4 and am loving it so far. No issues that I can see and the fh13 modem is great with the rom. Speeds have increased and signal strength is minimally increased. I'll post back once I have a full charge and report on battery life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-18-2012 05:40 PM
    How's battery life on this bad boy?

I just picket up an E4GT from a friend today and he said that stock ICS leaves much to be desired in the battery dept as far as he's concerned.

Also, is it easy to return to unrooted stock on this phone if necessary? I'm coming from a phone that was a pain to root and a pain to return to stock.
    08-18-2012 05:46 PM

I just picket up an E4GT from a friend today and he said that stock ICS leaves much to be desired in the battery dept as far as he's concerned.

Also, is it easy to return to unrooted stock on this phone if necessary? I'm coming from a phone that was a pain to root and a pain to return to stock.
    Battery life is better than with a stock rom but the epic touch has a small battery to begin with so don't expect much in the way of long battery life.

As for returning to stock.. it seriously couldn't be easier. rooting is just as easy too. My last phone was an htc evo 4g and this 100% easier to root and return to stock.
    08-18-2012 05:54 PM

Battery life on any AOSP based rom has been amazing for me, and this is no different. I've tried flashing many many ROM's and nothing even comes close to this. Do yourself a favor and flashy mcflasherson this ASAP!

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi
    deakelem likes this.
    08-18-2012 05:54 PM
    Battery life on any AOSP based rom has been amazing for me, and this is no different. I've tried flashing many many ROM's and nothing even comes close to this. Do yourself a favor and flashy mcflasherson this ASAP!

Sounds good. Alright, I just saw a disclaimer about an EMMC bug. Where is there something for me to read to know how to avoid this and do you have a suggestion as far as a root/flash tutorial for the E4GT?
    08-18-2012 06:32 PM
    Sounds good. Alright, I just saw a disclaimer about an EMMC bug. Where is there something for me to read to know how to avoid this and do you have a suggestion as far as a root/flash tutorial for the E4GT?
    Follow my directions in the op and you wont brick.
    08-18-2012 06:43 PM
    Follow my directions in the op and you wont brick.
    What would you recommend I use to root?
    08-18-2012 07:16 PM
    What would you recommend I use to root?
    Odin one-click. Look for qbking77's vids on YouTube.

08-18-2012 07:20 PM
    Do you need to wipe b4 u flash a new modem?or can I just flash from twrp?

08-18-2012 07:32 PM
    Do you need to wipe b4 u flash a new modem?

Nope. Just flash the modem
    08-18-2012 07:35 PM
    So what themes are you guys using? I've got the jelly bean theme going right now. It's really sweet. Looking for some other good ones though.

08-18-2012 07:55 PM
    So what themes are you guys using? I've got the jelly bean theme going right now. It's really sweet. Looking for some other good ones though.

I'm just using (and very much liking) the stock theme. I just came off CM9 Alpha 6 and this feels very much the same so its very familiar to me. On top of that, its very quick and responsive and I'm loving it.

And by the way, in response to my last post, my god is the battery life phenomenal! I'm loving this ROM and the modem.

I've so far only found one small bug. It is the musicfx setting in the audio settings. I don't know what it is, but as I was picking through the settings right after flashing like I always do, clicked on music effects and it automatically FC's.

08-18-2012 09:51 PM
    I'm just using (and very much liking) the stock theme. I just came off CM9 Alpha 6 and this feels very much the same so its very familiar to me. On top of that, its very quick and responsive and I'm loving it.

And by the way, in response to my last post, my god is the battery life phenomenal! I'm loving this ROM and the modem.

I've so far only found one small bug. It is the musicfx setting in the audio settings. I don't know what it is, but as I was picking through the settings right after flashing like I always do, clicked on music effects and it automatically FC's.

I meant to delete that. Use dsp manager.
    08-18-2012 10:13 PM
    GPS wont get a lock, is anybody have the same problem or any suggestions?
    08-18-2012 10:24 PM
    GPS wont get a lock, is anybody have the same problem or any suggestions?
    Revert back to EL29 or FF18 get a solid gps lock then mobile odin (Apk is in my op) the EL26 kernel w/ cwm5 recovery...wipe data and cache then flash aokp s4 then flash gapps then reboot. You should get a solid lock then.
    08-18-2012 10:34 PM
    Do I have any U.S Cellular Peeps using this rom or wanting to use this rom?
    08-18-2012 10:36 PM
    I meant to delete that. Use dsp manager.
    Yea no worries buddy. Its not something I'm ever going to use, I'm definitely not an audiophile, just something I noticed poking through the settings :-)

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running DK2's AOKP Stable 4
    08-18-2012 10:50 PM
    Yea no worries buddy. Its not something I'm ever going to use, I'm definitely not an audiophile, just something I noticed poking through the settings :-)

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch running DK2's AOKP Stable 4
    No biggie. Ill get that is Stable 5.
    08-18-2012 10:56 PM
    Im running aokp milestone 6 and id like to check out stable 3. Any special directions i need to follow? Do i need to go back to stock first and then do the process in the op or.......?just want to make sure i don't mess anything up.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums
    08-18-2012 11:07 PM
    Im running aokp milestone 6 and id like to check out stable 3. Any special directions i need to follow? Do i need to go back to stock first and then do the process in the op or.......?just want to make sure i don't mess anything up.

Stable 4 you mean :P
    08-18-2012 11:11 PM
    No biggie. Ill get that is Stable 5.
    DK Im loving stable 4 and havnt found any issues with it. When using the built in kernel my storage works fine (camera, file manager, etc can all see my internal storage) but any game or app that uses the internal storage force closes and im assuming its cause it cant access the proper files on my internal storage.

Its probably not an issue with the rom but the kernel, other than that !!!!
    08-18-2012 11:13 PM
    Stable 4 you mean :P
    3....4.....5....6...10....50....whichever lol anything special?

08-18-2012 11:21 PM
    The Cobalt theme is awesome!

08-19-2012 05:01 AM
    I flashed Stable 3, and it seemed super snappy, responsive, and generally awesome except for the SD cards not showing up. Then I flashed Stable 4 with the SD card fixes, and the whole interface seemed super laggy. I tried reflashing it and it had the same thing. Is there anything I could be missing that would cause the rom to be laggy like that? And yes, I read the OP

And thanks for this rom, I love the AOKP rom.
    08-19-2012 08:16 AM
    I flashed Stable 3, and it seemed super snappy, responsive, and generally awesome except for the SD cards not showing up. Then I flashed Stable 4 with the SD card fixes, and the whole interface seemed super laggy. I tried reflashing it and it had the same thing. Is there anything I could be missing that would cause the rom to be laggy like that? And yes, I read the OP

And thanks for this rom, I love the AOKP rom.
    Really. This is a first. Have you tried redownloading and flashing again?
    08-19-2012 09:20 AM
704 ... 2223242526 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD