08-25-2012 11:10 AM
704 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Any suggestions to fix GPS not locking

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    07-26-2012 10:29 PM

Flash EL26 and get a good GPS lock....then flash the S1 again. It fixed my GPS issues. I now lock almost instantly and very accurate.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-26-2012 10:47 PM

Temp flash EL29, get a lock using GPS Status, power off, reflash AOKP. Look back several posts in this thread for the link to a video that shows how to do it.

07-26-2012 10:49 PM
    Does the "disable camera shutter sound" work on Stable 1? It worked on RC4/RC5...but it doesn't seem to be silent with my S1 flash.

I think you might be hearing The focus sound in your case. try going to the camera setting And turning off focus sounds. That might be what you're talking about.

Edit

Never mind you're right. I just tested and my camera sound won't mute as well. Its not just focus sound. Sorry for the mistake
    07-26-2012 11:10 PM
    You don't. Update Profile, Update PRL and dialer programming codes are not available on E4GT AOSP ROMs (yet). In order to do these things, the best/easiest option is to "temp flash" EL29 then flash back to your AOSP ROM. It's quite easy and you don't lose any data or settings in the process.

Here's qbking77's video walkthrough on how to do it:
    Does the modem change when you do this?

07-26-2012 11:27 PM
    Dropbox that has the FG20 modem

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13433356981141

If you dont want to register
    come on guys the guys specifically asked not to mirror or repost any respect here?
    07-26-2012 11:46 PM
    Does the modem change when you do this?

No. The only time the modem will change is when flash it separately or via a full system TAR using Odin.

07-27-2012 12:25 AM
    How does the new modem perform on Wi-Fi?

Sent from my slab of black plastic. But apparently Apple owns black rectangles.
    07-27-2012 01:28 AM
    Nevermind
    07-27-2012 01:38 AM
    Nevermind
    ...okay.

07-27-2012 02:22 AM
    How does the new modem perform on Wi-Fi?

Wifi has nothing to do with the modem. Wifi is all in the kernel.
    Downtown Taco likes this.
    07-27-2012 08:18 AM
    Deleted...
    07-27-2012 09:50 AM
    Deleted...
    07-27-2012 10:05 AM
    Anyway, DK, I flashed the FG20 modem and weird things started happening. First of all, after flashing I went to try out speedtest and it could not locate a server near me even though GPS was locked and someone over on sextapes thread was experiencing the same thing. I tried clearing data, rebooting, everything I could think of and nothing changed it.

So, I flashed back to FF18 modem and I am still experiencing the same problems. I did not have any of these issues before flashing that modem. I usually keep GPS off unless I need it and just let apps locate me through cell towers, but now none of them can, I tried downloading new apps to see if they could locate me without GPS and they cannot. Do you know what I can do to fix this?
    07-27-2012 10:21 AM
    Folks,

I gotta call something out and hope you guys don't take offense to it.

When linking to something, such as FG20 modem, common courtesy is that you usually give a shout out to the person who originally provided it... in this case, sextape of XDA.

The other and honestly more egregious issue is the re-linking to something from another site but adding a click revenue generator to it before going to the link when you didn't originally post it. Nothing personal but I gotta flag it to mods and will suggest you correct the link ASAP.

So again, you can find the links here for FG20. FG26 rdf was posted yesterday for Sprint/Boost so there may be more in the works soon. Thanks again to sextape and labelexpired for their work on these.. and again keep an eye out for more possibly soon!
    Sorry for the confusion. @ Dealism please remove the link.
    07-27-2012 10:30 AM
    Club XDA'ers are trolling this thread like apple trolling patents. Everyone watch yourself :what:

Downtown Taco likes this.
    07-27-2012 10:36 AM
    Club XDA'ers are trolling this thread like apple trolling patents. Everyone watch yourself :what:

Its fine it doesnt involve me. I reported the posts that dont have to do with development of aokp
    07-27-2012 10:57 AM
    I love XDA it is a great resource and there are many good helpful people. All I'm saying (if you are reading this Mr. XDA secret agent) is instead of coming over here and scolding us all like a group of misbehaving children, why don't you send the specifically accused a pm and explain the situation so that it may be resolved. He may not have been aware that he was doing any wrong.

07-27-2012 10:59 AM

Was actually a member of AC longer than I've been on XDA (by a couple of weeks)... just haven't been posting much on here since I went from the Optimus S to the E4GT.

In the future I'll PM the person, flag the mods and not spam the thread. Don't like singling people out but if that's the way the community prefers it then so be it. :shrugs:
    07-27-2012 11:02 AM
    Was actually a member of AC longer than I've been on XDA (by a couple of weeks)... just haven't been posting much on here since I went from the Optimus S to the E4GT.

In the future I'll PM the person, flag the mods and not spam the thread.
    No redirect was added to the link... I could care less about revenue. That was a copy and paste from an xda link.. my bad its gone
    07-27-2012 11:07 AM
    No redirect was added to the link... I could care less about revenue. That was a copy and paste from an xda link.. my bad its gone
    Thanks - only thing poster mentioned was feel free to contact on XDA and request permission before posting; don't think the person would have had a problem with that. Deleted the b!&#( post and will leave it at that.
    07-27-2012 11:24 AM
    Thanks to all for getting the modem link issues handled.

Anyhoo, back to this great AOKP ROM!

I also had an issue on the FG20 modem this morning where I couldn't get 3G data to auto reconnect after being in a "no data" state (was coming down the elevator). I had to toggle data off then on again to get it working. I don't know if this is modem related or not, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.
    07-27-2012 11:57 AM
    Thanks to all for getting the modem link issues handled.

Anyhoo, back to this great AOKP ROM!

I also had an issue on the FG20 modem this morning where I couldn't get 3G data to auto reconnect after being in a "no data" state (was coming down the elevator). I had to toggle data off then on again to get it working. I don't know if this is modem related or not, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.
    The FG modem is kinda loopy. Then again its meant for boost mobile. I figured this was gonna happen.
    07-27-2012 12:26 PM
    Yeah same thing has happened to me a time or two. I just toggle airplane mode to fix it. When it is working it works well though.

07-27-2012 12:41 PM
    Thanks - only thing poster mentioned was feel free to contact on XDA and request permission before posting; don't think the person would have had a problem with that. Deleted the b!&#( post and will leave it at that.
    My fault and thanks for being cool about it.. not like some people
    07-27-2012 12:45 PM
704 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD