[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 25, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 1]

WOW!! check this out!

This is a speed test of 4G here in Houston with the FG20 modem..

Keep in mind this is Bytes per second

Test Date: Jul 26, 2012 3:53:10 pm
Connection Type: Unknown
Server: Houston, TX
Download: 1579.2 kB/s
Upload: 140.3 kB/s
Ping: 104 ms

External IP:xxxxx
Internal IP: xxxxx
Latitude: 29.85455
Longitude: -95.50931
http://www.speedtest.net/android/218653966.png

mbps = 12.34375

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting more system lag than usual. And the pixel stuff in some transitions. :(

*Edit* Will the recommended kernel fix this? How do I install it? Thanks

Look above this post of yours on page 1 that I'm quoting Taco. Changing the setting in your build.prop file should fix the pixelation/tearing you're seeing.

Open build.prop in a text editor.

Find the line hwui.disable_vsync=true

Change true to false, save the file and reboot.

skitzi

May 16, 2010
Visit site

How does this build compare to the Times_Infiity AOKP build on XDA? Is see it uses the kernel from Times. Is this part of the same dev work?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have a comparison of the 2? Why flash one over the other?

I've seen some say DK's build here is "better". I'm not sure how much bias is in there though. It does appear that DK has put together an excellent AOKP build though. Hopefully others will chime in here that has experience with both, but I'd say give this one a try if you've run times_infinity's build for any reasonable length of time and draw your own conclusions.

rde34

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site

Anyone have a comparison of the 2? Why flash one over the other?

I can honestly say with no bias whatsoever after running both. Both builds are very similar although this one does seem much more stable. I can only base my opinion on the fact that I've run both for about 48hrs each. Times' build is a very stable build. However I had 2 or 3 random reboots while using it. After a similar amount of time with the same setup I've had no issues with DK's build. I've had a couple of data loss issues on both but I think that has more to do with our phone and Sprint. Hope this helps. It's just my simple account of probably the last 4 days running both.

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have what is probably a dumb question. But I'm new to Sprint and how do you update your prl and profile on this?

Sporting the Blu Kuban on the E4gT

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I have what is probably a dumb question. But I'm new to Sprint and how do you update your prl and profile on this?

You don't. Update Profile, Update PRL and dialer programming codes are not available on E4GT AOSP ROMs (yet). In order to do these things, the best/easiest option is to "temp flash" EL29 then flash back to your AOSP ROM. It's quite easy and you don't lose any data or settings in the process.

Here's qbking77's video walkthrough on how to do it: How to Temporary Boot Stock EL29 on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

Reactions: blars1206

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
You don't. Update Profile, Update PRL and dialer programming codes are not available on E4GT AOSP ROMs (yet). In order to do these things, the best/easiest option is to "temp flash" EL29 then flash back to your AOSP ROM. It's quite easy and you don't lose any data or settings in the process.

Here's qbking77's video walkthrough on how to do it: How to Temporary Boot Stock EL29 on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch - YouTube

Is it really worth doing that?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Is it really worth doing that?

Unless you're having data connection issues, like problems with sms or something along those lines, I'd say no. However, I temp flashed EL29 recently as I wasn't able to get a GPS lock on CM9. So I temp flashed EL29, downloaded GPS Status and got a GPS lock, powered off and reflashed CM9. Now my GPS locks like a champ.

Updating your Profile and PRL is rarely necessary.

Reactions: blars1206

blars1206

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Unless you're having data connection issues, like problems with sms or something along those lines, I'd say no. However, I temp flashed EL29 recently as I wasn't able to get a GPS lock on CM9. So I temp flashed EL29, downloaded GPS Status and got a GPS lock, powered off and reflashed CM9. Now my GPS locks like a champ.

Updating your Profile and PRL is rarely necessary.

Gotcha, thanks for the advice and answers to my questions.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Does the "disable camera shutter sound" work on Stable 1? It worked on RC4/RC5...but it doesn't seem to be silent with my S1 flash.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12