[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Hey DK, I just flashed this AOKP after a full wipe and used Chris41's 41g-CWM-RC10-0731 as the kernel. I am currently getting LOS on my phone which never happened to me before on ICS (on FF18 modem) and I would like a copy of the same kernel that you're using on this AOKP Stable 2 ROM to flash it back to the original kernel that came with the ROM.

You would want to try different modes
There is a page on xda acs pages that have them all listed

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I get mms I have to hop off WiFi
Is there a fix for this or am I SOL

jbn

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 30, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 2]

Hey DK, I just flashed this AOKP after a full wipe and used Chris41's 41g-CWM-RC10-0731 as the kernel. I am currently getting LOS on my phone which never happened to me before on ICS (on FF18 modem) and I would like a copy of the same kernel that you're using on this AOKP Stable 2 ROM to flash it back to the original kernel that came with the ROM.

Nevermind I just pulled the boot.img from your ROM and flashed it via mobile odin.

elport

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
How do we attach a log cat I can't find anywhere to attach the file

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

How come there's a deep sleep? Where I can't wake the phone.

Can you explain a little more, I think i know what your talking about cause ive had a problem like that before.

aboulsaoudm

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Can you explain a little more, I think i know what your talking about cause ive had a problem like that before.

well the screen goes to sleep and then when i turn the phone back on the screen doesnt go back on.... in order to turn it back on i would pull the battery or do the volume up and power button....

Sychotik

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
well the screen goes to sleep and then when i turn the phone back on the screen doesnt go back on.... in order to turn it back on i would pull the battery or do the volume up and power button....

I've been on stable 1 since it came out.. no problems

Surj138

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey DK, first off, MUCH props to what you're doing for the e4gt community... awesome work! I noticed something not-that-big-of-a-deal today that's present in both stable builds, though.

The soft keys (with the pre-installed kernel) only light up when they're physically touched (I've tried 2 different recommended kernels and they only turn on whenever first booting or adjusting the brightness). On the factory rom, they turn on whenever the touchscreen OR soft keys are touched.

It makes it a little tough to see in the dark, but I know you're still ironing out some bugs... keep up the good work, man!! :thumbup:

Sent from my AOKP-equipped E4GT using Tapatalk 2

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Hey DK, first off, MUCH props to what you're doing for the e4gt community... awesome work! I noticed something not-that-big-of-a-deal today that's present in both stable builds, though.

The soft keys (with the pre-installed kernel) only light up when they're physically touched (I've tried 2 different recommended kernels and they only turn on whenever first booting or adjusting the brightness). On the factory rom, they turn on whenever the touchscreen OR soft keys are touched.

It makes it a little tough to see in the dark, but I know you're still ironing out some bugs... keep up the good work, man!! :thumbup:

I also have that exact issue.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

There should be a setting in the settings app to adjust the buttons.

MrDowntown12

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Hey dk, your rom is excellent there is only one thing that keeps it fully complete for me and I believe it to be a simple fix for you. Could you increase the bitpool for audio streaming in the kernel settings? I'd do it myself but I don't have a proper build environment and know nothing about touching a kernel and since it's a simple numerical value change I figure it'd be easy for you to implement.

Times_infinitys kernel in his latest release is the only one with the bitpool high enough to eliminate clipping in audio if you need a number to reference.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey dk, your rom is excellent there is only one thing that keeps it fully complete for me and I believe it to be a simple fix for you. Could you increase the bitpool for audio streaming in the kernel settings? I'd do it myself but I don't have a proper build environment and know nothing about touching a kernel and since it's a simple numerical value change I figure it'd be easy for you to implement.

Times_infinitys kernel in his latest release is the only one with the bitpool high enough to eliminate clipping in audio if you need a number to reference.

I am using times infinitys kernel in this rom already.

Status
Not open for further replies.