[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

osc006

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Here's my problem. Is anyone else experiencing low volume when listening voicemail. Using youmail. Even installed a sprint vvm and same result. Extremely low while playing VM.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

The same goes for playing voicemail with Google voice.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Fendulon

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 30, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 2]

If the issue is the same as some earlier AOKP/AOSP builds for the low volume in voicemail while listening to a voice mail lower your volume until it gets loud. For whatever reason the volume is messed up and if you click it down to a certain point it gets audible.

patrao_n

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
If I flash to el29 will the update to ics come up?
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Didnt mean to hit thanks. Yes it will come up eventually. If you want it to stop use titanium backup pro to freeze system update. Then no update will come

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Reactions: dt81

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey um...the bottons on the bottom...you know, those 4 handy little guys that navigate the phone...yea they aren't staying lit up. Already checked settings, they only light up on reboot. Then go off and never return...
Was it something I said? :rolleyes:

willv23

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

loving this rom! no issues with it! great work DK and others! #success

FitChicago

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
DK a huge thank you to you! I flashed stable 2 last night and AOKP has never run better on my device. I am impressed beyond words. Let me know if I can assist in any way to support this ROM or your phenomenal advancement of CM10 on this device. Thank you for all your hard work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 2

WhoAmI

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Thanks DK for your hard work on this! This has been an amazingly flexible and stable ROM and therefore has replaced CM9 as my daily driver. Thanks again and keep up the great work!

willv23

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Hey um...the bottons on the bottom...you know, those 4 handy little guys that navigate the phone...yea they aren't staying lit up. Already checked settings, they only light up on reboot. Then go off and never return...
Was it something I said? :rolleyes:

also noticed this last night.

any certain levels we should set? or certain setting?

thanks!

Surj138

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

I noticed that after I flashed some of the recommended kernels. They work better on the cooked-in kernel, although you still have to touch them to get them to light up.

Did you flash another kernel on top, and if so, which one?

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

also noticed this last night.

any certain levels we should set? or certain setting?

thanks!

Mine was doing that too. Menu/settings/Device Options/Sensors. Now make sure Enable keys backlight is checked and then below it is Backlight Timeout. Open that up and click on Never. That's how I have it and it works fine for me. Hope that helps if you didn't already do it.

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This rom is freaking awesome. I've only had this phone since Friday and was going to try and stay stock for a while but ICS was being stupid and I couldn't resist :D

I'm also having the problem with buttons not lighting up, but I've noticed if I turn off auto brightness I have the opposite problem; they will turn on and won't go off again unless I disable it in the settings. I'm on chris41g's latest kernel (RC12?) for what it's worth.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Reactions: Downtown Taco

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

So after a very long time trying to build up the guts to actually root my phone and flash a rom I finally did it. I followed the videos from qbking77 and they were super easy to follow so I did it and I'm done. I'm running this aokp now and I love the interface. Silky smooth and really easy on the eyes. Thumbs up for that. But I have 2 questions. When I'm trying to send a long text message and in converts to mms it won't send it for me. Why?
Also, battery life actually sucks pretty much for me. I was hoping to get a days worth of battery out of it at least. Since that's what I'm looking for am I just looking at the wrong rom and maybe should have chosen another or are there some settings that I may have to tweak to get it working the way that I wanted it to?
Oh btw, when responding try and "dumb down" your answers. lol I don't fully understand everything that I'm doing yet but I'm getting there. Thanks!

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

This rom is freaking awesome. I've only had this phone since Friday and was going to try and stay stock for a while but ICS was being stupid and I couldn't resist :D

I'm also having the problem with buttons not lighting up, but I've noticed if I turn off auto brightness I have the opposite problem; they will turn on and won't go off again unless I disable it in the settings. I'm on chris41g's latest kernel (RC12?) for what it's worth.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Read my post right before yours and see if that does anything for you.:)

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Just want to confirm the recommended modem will install with stable 2? Or flash it separately?

Dropped my phone with Liquid Ice into some water just got my replacement. Rooted w/ mobile odin and ready to flash this.

*edit* Whoops totally missed the kernel link in your op. Its ok to flash with mobile odin correct?

Last edited:

willv23

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site

Mine was doing that too. Menu/settings/Device Options/Sensors. Now make sure Enable keys backlight is checked and then below it is Backlight Timeout. Open that up and click on Never. That's how I have it and it works fine for me. Hope that helps if you didn't already do it.

thanks for the help but didnt work i heard using chris41g kernal makes you lose backlight guess ill just do a fresh install and see if i still get good battery life running stock rom

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yeah I installed the kenrel in the OP and lost backlighting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke