[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunchboxva

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 30, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 2]

just a quick question in setting>rom control>start-up tweaks....i am having problems getting the check marks to stick...after i enable the settings i want and then back out and the go back in everything is unchecked again...i was wondering if there was a quick remedy for this?

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Everyone having issues with random stuff try flashing chris41gs aosp kernel.

do u think chis41g's kernel will help with the 4g "unknown" error? this rom would be perfect if i wasn't having this problem. the 4g "unknown" error wouldn't be so bad, but for some reason it effects my 3g also. when ever i get the error i don't have any data even tho it's showing 3g.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
do u think chis41g's kernel will help with the 4g "unknown" error? this rom would be perfect if i wasn't having this problem. the 4g "unknown" error wouldn't be so bad, but for some reason it effects my 3g also. when ever i get the error i don't have any data even tho it's showing 3g.

Don't quote me on this but I believe the 4G unknown error is still an outstanding issue in his LATEST AOSP kernel.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: agentcelsius

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Don't quote me on this but I believe the 4G unknown error is still an outstanding issue in his LATEST AOSP kernel.

confirmed. after my phone goes idle it turns off 4g and tries to reconnect then get's the unknown error. for some reason my 3g won't connect to a network after this happens. i thought the 2 were independent radios and one should not effect the other.

and, i know everybody is working on Jelly Bean but it doesn't seem like we'r gonna get a stable build for a while, so it would be nice to have a completely working ics aokp ( hint, hint ;-) )

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Have u tried different modems for the 3g problem? Fc 15 has given me no problems.
\

i've had different modems on this phone but from what i've been reading, it's a kernel issue, i've only had el29, fe16, ff18 and i am current on fg31 which rocks by the way. the only time i have not had this issue if i remember correctly was when i was running aokp b36 with fe16 :-\

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Just and FYI on the 4G unknown issue, chris41g posted this a bit over an hour ago ...

currently testing a kernel path to fix this 4g thing, if interested in helping, and have 4g, join us on irc..

Reactions: agentcelsius

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

Am having trouble playing voicemails in my google voice app and voice-messages in my Voxer app. Seems to be isolated to whatever they use for audio. Anyone else run into this or have a solution?

It plays and if I put it on speaker and put my ear up to the speaker, I can barely make out what's being said. It's like it is just 20 times less volume than normal or something like that.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Am having trouble playing voicemails in my google voice app and voice-messages in my Voxer app. Seems to be isolated to whatever they use for audio. Anyone else run into this or have a solution?

It plays and if I put it on speaker and put my ear up to the speaker, I can barely make out what's being said. It's like it is just 20 times less volume than normal or something like that.

Does the same for me. I just use visual voicemail so I can read them rather than try and hear them.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

andermic

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

If you turn down your volume it will actually work. I had the same issue. Just turn your volume all the way up and then step it down until you can hear it. Seems crazy but it worked for me and a few other people.

Reactions: Surj138

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I am now running this with Chris41g's RC12 kernel, Smartassv2 governor with SIO scheduler, jellybean cm9 theme, jellybean animations, jellybean lock screen, jellybean keyboard, fully functional Google Now, FF18 modem, and 200dpi. It is beautiful. And battery life is.....sheds a single tear.....AMAZING.

Oh yeah and Beats Audio :p

Last edited:

Downtown Taco

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I am now running this with Chris41g's RC12 kernel, Smartassv2 governor with SIO scheduler, jellybean cm9 theme, jellybean animations, jellybean lock screen, jellybean keyboard, fully functional Google Now, FF18 modem, and 200dpi. It is beautiful. And battery life is.....sheds a single tear.....AMAZING.

Oh yeah and Beats Audio :p

WHERE DID YOU GET BEATSSS? PROVIDE MULTIPLE LINKS FOR THIS STUFF MY FRIEND!

I <3 CAPS LOCK

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
LOL. I dont want to post links for everything but if you want to pm me your email address I'll hook you up when I get off work. Everything was sourced from xda.

pistols4u

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

So I have a question about an issue I've been having with my 4G not working. It's been an issue since before I flashed to this ROM. With every ROM I've flashed to, it doesn't seem to make a difference. It'll let me connect to the network and say I'm connected and that it's active, but when I test the speed, I'm literally getting like 1kB/s downloading, but my upload speed seems to be fine. I thought flashing to this ROM and using the suggested kernel would help because I've heard such good things about both, and they're both incredible! But, it hasn't fixed my 4G problem ;( Any suggestions anyone? I'm also using the stock FF18 modem.

MrDowntown12

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

So after a very long time trying to build up the guts to actually root my phone and flash a rom I finally did it. I followed the videos from qbking77 and they were super easy to follow so I did it and I'm done. I'm running this aokp now and I love the interface. Silky smooth and really easy on the eyes. Thumbs up for that. But I have 2 questions. When I'm trying to send a long text message and in converts to mms it won't send it for me. Why?
Also, battery life actually sucks pretty much for me. I was hoping to get a days worth of battery out of it at least. Since that's what I'm looking for am I just looking at the wrong rom and maybe should have chosen another or are there some settings that I may have to tweak to get it working the way that I wanted it to?
Oh btw, when responding try and "dumb down" your answers. lol I don't fully understand everything that I'm doing yet but I'm getting there. Thanks!

Download APN shortcut from the market. When you open it click the button next to "Sprint" and make sure it's green. That'll fix you MMS.

As far as battery, the best thing to do is use the auto 3g off option in the rom control menu. It'll tell you that its dangerous but I've been using it for 2 weeks not one issue and my battery is great.

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
4g unknown error FIX

i downloaded chris14g's latest kernel labeled control12. i believe he is still in the testing phase, but so far 4g & 3g working flawlessly! there is still a bug where the synaptic touch backlight doesn't work but i had it turned off before.

FIX: download his latest kernel from his thread here: [Kernel][AOSP] Safe CWM6/TWRP - xda-developers

place in SD Card, using a safe recovery:

wipe dalvik cache
wipe cache partition
flash kernel zip

reboot

thank chris41g for taking time and effort to fix our problems (not his)

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Download APN shortcut from the market. When you open it click the button next to "Sprint" and make sure it's green. That'll fix you MMS.

As far as battery, the best thing to do is use the auto 3g off option in the rom control menu. It'll tell you that its dangerous but I've been using it for 2 weeks not one issue and my battery is great.

Thanks I'll give it a shot and report back soon.

Jmuney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Is this recovery safe to flash another kernel? Should I mobile Odin? What's the best way and best kernel?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC