[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdaddy

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][July 30, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 2]

It seems there is no way to disable or turn down the haptic feedback. I have set it to "0". It still seems to be at full.
Device Options>Haptic>Vibrator Intensity
I have looked through the setting and Rom Control. Have I missed a hidden setting somewhere? Running the latest Stable 2 with chris41g's control 12 kernel.

cob11341

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Love this ROM, but aside from the previously said bugs this is a daily driver for me, hopefully stable 3 is released to address these problems :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Installed the new RC13 TWRP kernel. Still no backlighting on the keys but phenomenally stable with great battery life.

Should be able to try out 4g tomorrow w/ new kernel.

pdaddy

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Curious if anyone is seeing better battery life by setting the cpu speed at a max of 1000 vs. 1200.
Also does anyone have any advice on which setting to try for undervolting? Higher vs. Lower settings in regards to battery life.
I remember seeing a new app that would let you play around with using single or Dual cores. Anyone remember this app?

Just pertaining to AOKP.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Curious if anyone is seeing better battery life by setting the cpu speed at a max of 1000 vs. 1200.
Also does anyone have any advice on which setting to try for undervolting? Higher vs. Lower settings in regards to battery life.
I remember seeing a new app that would let you play around with using single or Dual cores. Anyone remember this app?

Just pertaining to AOKP.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I just use stock clock speed with smartassv2 and sio scheduler and it's God mode battery life and smooth like butter.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

Reactions: pdaddy

cob11341

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Is anyone having 4G problems? I used to have a good 9-11 MBPS download and 1.5 MBPS upload on stock EL29 and now I get .6 MBPS download and .4 MBPS upload.

cob11341

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
4257742c-8ce3-7666.jpg
What modem are u on?

Tried FF11, EL29, and FF18 all three have given me speeds that went below or equal to the speeds that I specified. Actually slower than 3G, whereas I get 800KBPS-1MBPS.
Just to clarify, I went back to EL29 and got speeds back to normal. I am unsure how well the modem goes with this particular ROM.
Edit: I have attached a screenshot of the recent 4G speed test.

Last edited:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

I love being a born-again n00b! I'm new to this device and the Samsung way of doing things.

I have rooted FF18, CWM-agat, nandroid backup complete. I understand the AOSP process and am comfortable flashing the ROM, kernel, and Gapps. So what's with the modem? This was something that we didn't mess with over on the LG side. Do I already have that in place with FF18? Where do I get it if not? Please help.
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out.

Also, which version of the recommended kernel works best?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

pistols4u

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Click to view quoted image

Tried FF11, EL29, and FF18 all three have given me speeds that went below or equal to the speeds that I specified. Actually slower than 3G, whereas I get 800KBPS-1MBPS.
Just to clarify, I went back to EL29 and got speeds back to normal. I am unsure how well the modem goes with this particular ROM.
Edit: I have attached a screenshot of the recent 4G speed test.

Yeah, I've been having the same exact problem. My 4G hasn't worked properly actually since I first flashed my phone with CM9. I recently went back to stock EL29 and it works perfectly again, but what I find strange is that even when I went back to stock FF18, it still didn't work, it only worked on EL29. I want 4G speeds AND this ROM, but it seems I can't have both, or any ICS ROM for that matter.

xe4zy

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. A problem I've ran into.
my phone likes to do a deep sleep or boot off completely for no reason no matter which kernal I have. Any suggestions?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.