[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentcelsius

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][July 30, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 2

Does anyone know of or have a kernel that works well with this ROM. Some of chris41 come close but have LOS, other have no LOS but dont show internal storage.

If you know of one I'd love to use it.

i've been using chris41g's conrtrol12 kernel,

great battery rock, solid 4g and 3g. SD and internal storages r reversed (people r telling that's how it's suppose to be but, whatever) backlight for the synaptic touch doesn't work. VM playback using the integrated google voice is faint.

Reactions: deakelem

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

i've been using chris41g's conrtrol12 kernel,

great battery rock, solid 4g and 3g. SD and internal storages r reversed (people r telling that's how it's suppose to be but, whatever) backlight for the synaptic touch doesn't work. VM playback using the integrated google voice is faint.

Great thank you, I'm using control 12 right now and I agree it works well but I literally just had an LOS.. :( ill keep using it to see if its the only one i get

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

cause it seems whichever chris41g kernel i use I either get LOS's or undetectable internal storage and I cant change storage options to internal cause that settings menu will force close.. Idk this is just with his more recent kernels, and i always follow the directions when flashing too.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to throw this out there. Chris's rc12 kernel. Pretty sure that's release candidate 12 not control 12. Correct me if I'm wrong lol.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Just wanted to throw this out there. Chris's rc12 kernel. Pretty sure that's release candidate 12 not control 12. Correct me if I'm wrong lol.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

There is a control 12 as well as his RC's.. not sure what control means but lol

update: there is rc 10 11 12 13 etc as well as control 9 12 13

Reactions: DEF3NDER

thundermaverick

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

thanks for this dark night. def better than the xda version. only problem i have is since switching to akop. my clock freezes randomly.my clock will stay at a particular time until i uncheck and check "use automatic date and time" i know it has nothing to do with you...but have you at least heard of this or a fix? thanks in advance

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

thanks for this dark night. def better than the xda version. only problem i have is since switching to akop. my clock freezes randomly.my clock will stay at a particular time until i uncheck and check "use automatic date and time" i know it has nothing to do with you...but have you at least heard of this or a fix? thanks in advance

Cant speak for dark knight but I have used every single build of his ROMS and i have never ever heard of this problem or experienced it. ... :( sorry dude

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

I'm getting force close on storage option and internal SD issues. Other than that smooth.

Had the same issue, it happens with some of chris41g kernels, download control12 and flash that, clear cache and davlik cache too. I have it on my server if you cant find it.

After flashing you should be able to open storage options and change to internal storage, this should fix all sd issues

Control12 Kernel download

HFS /public/Chris41g_Kernels_E4GT/

Other Download i.e. Stable 3 download, Gapps, other awesome Dark Knight Roms, etc

http://206.174.246.155/public

Last edited:

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

So yeah I'm still running RC4 from alpha....lol. I'm telling you EVERYTHING works.

-touch key backlight timeout works

-haptic feedback and feedback adjustment works

-hell even the swipe across the status bar (not the actual adjustment bar) works!

That's all broken in the newer versions and kernels. RC4 is like my "homebase" that I flash to in between roms or if I get stuck and have to do a restore. I just wish I still had the actual rom zip so I could do a proper multiboot. All I've got is a nandroid. Anyway, thanks for pumping these out DK. I'm looking forward to a jellybean aokp later down the road. That will be rom nirvana.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

So yeah I'm still running RC4 from alpha....lol. I'm telling you EVERYTHING works.

-touch key backlight timeout works

-haptic feedback and feedback adjustment works

-hell even the swipe across the status bar (not the actual adjustment bar) works!

That's all broken in the newer versions and kernels. RC4 is like my "homebase" that I flash to in between roms or if I get stuck and have to do a restore. I just wish I still had the actual rom zip so I could do a proper multiboot. All I've got is a nandroid. Anyway, thanks for pumping these out DK. I'm looking forward to a jellybean aokp later down the road. That will be rom nirvana.

Let me dig around my archives, I might still have RC4 and if I do I'll post it on my srv right away. I forgot about RC4 but if it works as well as you say it does I am totally flashing it.. as soon as i find it :)

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Let me dig around my archives, I might still have RC4 and if I do I'll post it on my srv right away. I forgot about RC4 but if it works as well as you say it does I am totally flashing it.. as soon as i find it :)

damn...have rc3 but not rc4 :(

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

I might be able to pull it out of my nandroid backup...hmm.. I will have a looksy.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

I might be able to pull it out of my nandroid backup...hmm.. I will have a looksy.

do note that Stable 3 with chris41g control 12 kernel has been working very well. I had one LOS but since then I've had the 4g tethered while torrenting to my PC and I havnt had one issue... so the LOS could have been a one time flook or even just a simple LOS on the providers side not the handset.

continuing to look for rc4..

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site

lol nope that's not gonna happen. Don't even know where to begin.

Is vibration working properly on that setup or is it full vibration or none at all?

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

lol nope that's not gonna happen. Don't even know where to begin.

Is vibration working properly on that setup or is it full vibration or none at all?

Here is the thing on vibration (haptic)

for the navigation keys (menu, home, back, search) it is all or nothing.. :/

BUT!!

for the keyboard when typing that can all be adjusted, i set my vibration duration to 7ms for the android keyboard (input settings --> android keyboard settings --> advanced settings--> keypress vibration duration settings... set that to something like 5ms - 15ms according to your taste and that will help a lot.

I know it doesnt change the veracity of the navigation vibration but keyboard typing is 90% of the haptic feedback we encounter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie