edit:
still running amazingly :)
thanks dk

Last edited:

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 3]

Just flashed stable 3 w/ control 12 kernel and wiped davlik and cache afterward.

Everything is there but my contacts and google play account isn't synced anymore. I try to open the play store as it usually prompts you to insert your info but no such luck.

Any ideas?

*edit* reinstalling gapps as we speak. Have a feeling that'll do it.

*edit 2* Yep I'm an idiot. Reinstalling gapps was all that was needed. Still cant see anything on my Sd card though.

Last edited:

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed stable 3 w/ control 12 kernel and wiped davlik and cache afterward.

Everything is there but my contacts and google play account isn't synced anymore. I try to open the play store as it usually prompts you to insert your info but no such luck.

Any ideas?

Go to settings accounts and sync. Make sure your account is added. If it isn't add it. If it is there perform a sync. If that doesn't work remove the account and re add it. You might not be able to remove a default account t. You're only option might be to factory reset and try again. But my guess is you just have to sync your contacts and mail

EggotheKilljoy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I know the OP says to mobile odin to EL26 modem, but I don't want to have to mess with odin or mobile odin. Would it be save to flash this from the recovery included with the AOKP M6 from Times_infinity?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I know the OP says to mobile odin to EL26 modem, but I don't want to have to mess with odin or mobile odin. Would it be save to flash this from the recovery included with the AOKP M6 from Times_infinity?

Yea I flashed from all sorts of recoveries and it always works. Or at least it didn't brick. You should be fine BUT!!!!!!

Don't blame us if something weird does happen

EggotheKilljoy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Yea I flashed from all sorts of recoveries and it always works. Or at least it didn't brick. You should be fine BUT!!!!!!

Don't blame us if something weird does happen

Alright. Just making sure. And while I wait for the DL to finish, what recovery does this rom come with?

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
So when you first flash AOKP your lock screen wallpaper is just a tinted version of whatever wallpaper you have on your home screen. You can change lock screen wallpaper in rom control which is what I did. Does anyone know know if there is any possible way to revert back to where the lock screen wallpaper is just like a Window to your home screen. I miss it. :(

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Alright. Just making sure. And while I wait for the DL to finish, what recovery does this rom come with?

TWRP I believe

but yes as DK said you should follow the OP..

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Can someone tell me if WiFi tether is working thanks.

Never got it to work with the built in program but I always just use android wifi tether found on google code.

Ill upload it to my srvr so you can dl it. It works very well.

update:

I put the apk for wifi tether below, once you open it go to settings and change system profile to "epic 4g touch"

Enjoy!

http://206.174.246.155/public/apks/

EggotheKilljoy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Follow the op. If you choose to flash by other means and you brick....I will laugh at u.

Isn't the only reason they say to flash modem to EL26 to prevent the emmc bug from occurring and bricking the device when wiping data/factory reset? Unless there's something in the rom that demands the use of CWM/EL26, I would assume that as long as it's flashed from a safe recovery (thick the recovery included have is tested to be safe and I've factory reset multiple times, just never flashed a rom from it), then it should be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Isn't the only reason they say to flash modem to EL26 to prevent the emmc bug from occurring and bricking the device when wiping data/factory reset? Unless there's something in the rom that demands the use of CWM/EL26, I would assume that as long as it's flashed from a safe recovery (thick the recovery included have is tested to be safe and I've factory reset multiple times, just never flashed a rom from it), then it should be fine. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You may be right but just understand that its posted in the OP to cover DK's ass. Some people may think they have a safe recovery and boom! brick.

Yes, I know most of us all know what we are doing and have flashed thousands of times, but you always have to account for those people who don't know what they are doing, and weird anomalies that can occur.

I myself have never had an issue flashing dk aokp from a safe recovery.

happy flashing! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar