[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I flashed Stable 3, and it seemed super snappy, responsive, and generally awesome except for the SD cards not showing up. Then I flashed Stable 4 with the SD card fixes, and the whole interface seemed super laggy. I tried reflashing it and it had the same thing. Is there anything I could be missing that would cause the rom to be laggy like that? And yes, I read the OP :)

And thanks for this rom, I love the AOKP rom.

I had this happen actually.. the interface was slower when i flashed a couple times. It wasnt super laggy but it was definatley slower.

I flashed a few more times and it went away, just make sure to do proper wipes of all cache and partitions.

Try using that Calkulin format all tool. Thats what i use to wipe and also wipe davlik.

PM for a download link, idk if i can post it here.

sarcazmo

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed stable 4 w/ Times infinity kernel.

Backlighting on my keys now works!

The only thing I still need to try and figure out is why some pics I have on my SD card arent showing in my gallery.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed stable 4 w/ Times infinity kernel.

Backlighting on my keys now works!

The only thing I still need to try and figure out is why some pics I have on my SD card arent showing in my gallery.

I had a similar issue where all my music wouldnt show up. Not sure how to fix it but id really like to. Also i have a couple games that cant verify their additional files (assuming it cant find them)

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Flashed stable 4 yesterday. It's awesome, except for one thing...my internal sd card is being read as my external card. If I go into recovery it shows the same exact files on either one, as if I'm choosing the external card both times. And titanium backup shows this:

42578f1c-2630-8038.jpg

Notice at the bottom how the internal emmc and external sd show the exact same amount of space used. My external sd is only 8gb to begin with...lol.

I can work around it and get to my internal card by using a file explorer and moving the files to my external card, but I thought sd storage issues were supposed to be fixed in stable 4? Not trying to be a jerk, just confused :p

Sent from my SPH-D710

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Flashed stable 4 yesterday. It's awesome, except for one thing...my internal sd card is being read as my external card. If I go into recovery it shows the same exact files on either one, as if I'm choosing the external card both times. And titanium backup shows this:

Click to view quoted image

Notice at the bottom how the internal emmc and external sd show the exact same amount of space used. My external sd is only 8gb to begin with...lol.

I can work around it and get to my internal card by using a file explorer and moving the files to my external card, but I thought sd storage issues were supposed to be fixed in stable 4? Not trying to be a jerk, just confused :p

Sent from my SPH-D710

You can thank Times_Infinity for that aweful sd card setup. He want to "Make our device more inline with the rest of the SGS2s" so he changed the names of the sd card files. Its all inside the kernel.

Reactions: deakelem

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
You can thank Times_Infinity for that aweful sd card setup. He want to "Make our device more inline with the rest of the SGS2s" so he changed the names of the sd card files. Its all inside the kernel.

Bah...so I need a different kernel. I just left it on the one packaged with stable 4. Allllrighty then. Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

Zhara

Queendroid
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
So am i the only one who has borked wifi with the ff18 repack? :( :(

This kernel sounds so promising but it wont ever work for me no matter what i do :(

Hmmm...lemme test it out. Brb.

Aw man...mine is busted now too. I hit the toggle to turn it on and it goes right back off, but sits there saying 'Turning wifi on'. :sly:

Edit: it worked before on times_infinity's kernel but I can't handle that storage issue...

Sent from my SPH-D710

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Aw man...mine is busted now too. I hit the toggle to turn it on and it goes right back off, but sits there saying 'Turning wifi on'. :sly:

Edit: it worked before on times_infinity's kernel but I can't handle that storage issue...

Sent from my SPH-D710

:(

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my SPH-D710

Weird...Let me try something later.

Reactions: patrao_n

taherrr21

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
i'm not as technically savvy as perhaps the rest of y'all and i've been learning heavily through this thread. many thanks to all involved.

agentfazexx - i had the battery drain, too. but that may have been complicated by an issue where my wifi networks were scanning, but not connecting. went through the whole process - mobile odin, reflash, etc. etc. (even though i was coming from s2)... did not install the fh13 recommended modem (am still using the preinstalled one, which shows as fh13?). anyway, solved everything. i think i'm the only one who had this issue, though. battery life seems great now.

agentfazexx

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
i'm not as technically savvy as perhaps the rest of y'all and i've been learning heavily through this thread. many thanks to all involved.

agentfazexx - i had the battery drain, too. but that may have been complicated by an issue where my wifi networks were scanning, but not connecting. went through the whole process - mobile odin, reflash, etc. etc. (even though i was coming from s2)... did not install the fh13 recommended modem (am still using the preinstalled one, which shows as fh13?). anyway, solved everything. i think i'm the only one who had this issue, though. battery life seems great now.

I was on 3G, good signal with wifi turned totally off when this happened.

deakelem

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Yea agent i would try re-flashing but first doing some proper heavy wiping and using the ff13 modem (if you arent already) the stock kernel works well for me in terms of battery life and no random reboots.

Download this zip from my srvr below, use it to perform your wipes. Just flash the zip in recovery it wipes system, data, and cache. After performing the wipe be sure to wipe your davlik cache too as well at battery stats.

http://206.174.246.155/public/Calkulin's_FORMAT_ALL_for_E4GT.zip

Reactions: Dark_Knight2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol