[ROM][ICS][Aug 18, 2012] Android Open Kang Project [Stable 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

js11222

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I love this rom my issue is that since flashing 4g cuts off all the time and my 3g signal overall is weaker is there anything I can do to improve signal? I tried dialer codes but can't seem to edit them and my user id don't even show up in those settings is my phone fully activated? Thanx for all your hard work.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I love this rom my issue is that since flashing 4g cuts off all the time and my 3g signal overall is weaker is there anything I can do to improve signal? I tried dialer codes but can't seem to edit them and my user id don't even show up in those settings is my phone fully activated? Thanx for all your hard work.

What modem are you on?

fabolousrmx

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Times_infinity source kernel has persistent issues with 3g and 4g. Dropped data, slow reconnects. SOD/hard resets when 4g is active and the screen turns off.

I appreciate his hard work but nothing has been done about it since before the 7/20 build which is pretty redic

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

BlakeGates

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

Flash the modem you were on previously where you had no problems...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Dialer codes don't work on AOSP based roms. You need to boot into a stock tw rom, put your codes in, and boot back into or restore a nandroid of this rom.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme

Corrupt_Data

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Times_infinity source kernel has persistent issues with 3g and 4g. Dropped data, slow reconnects. SOD/hard resets when 4g is active and the screen turns off.

I appreciate his hard work but nothing has been done about it since before the 7/20 build which is pretty redic

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Just so you know, times did not enjoy working on AOKP so he set the project aside completely for now. Instead, he's been working on a Vanilla ICS ROM so yea. BTW, I never experienced any of that when I ran his build for a while. So you can update his kernel yourself or just deal with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

EggotheKilljoy

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Just so you know, times did not enjoy working on AOKP so he set the project aside completely for now. Instead, he's been working on a Vanilla ICS ROM so yea. BTW, I never experienced any of that when I ran his build for a while. So you can update his kernel yourself or just deal with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Same with me. The ONLY problem I had on his build was a bit of lag in the app switcher.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I suggest using mobile Odin or regular Odin to flash el26 kernel with cwm 5 .because I do not know if your recovery is safe this is the best way. Then once on el26 recovery you can install from zip the format all zip made by calkulin. After that you can flash rom then flash gapps. Reboot and you are done :)

sent from my BAD A$$ Epic touch

Enter noob once again...i downloaded stable 4, gapps i have Mobil odin....now Im supposed to flash el26 kernel with cwm 5. Where do I get that at? This is pretty much where Im lost. I think after this Im good to go. Thanks....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Central Forums

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Enter noob once again...i downloaded stable 4, gapps i have Mobil odin....now Im supposed to flash el26 kernel with cwm 5. Where do I get that at? This is pretty much where Im lost. I think after this Im good to go. Thanks....

Here man I threw it on my dropbox. Mobile Odin this tar file and boot into recovery, then flash away.

http://db.tt/6jSp5rtB

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme

Reactions: papo020

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I had a long day yesterday so I just gathered all the files I was going to need and now I have everything setup to do it this morning. Just one more simple question (hopefully). When I open up Mobil odin where do I click on to get the el26? Is it kernel or do I go down to where it says open .tar file? I see el26 in both so just want to make sure. Thanks for dealing with my slowness guys. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

papo020

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Ok so its almost lunch time and i can finally do this. Another question just to be sure...once Im on el26 am i going straight to flash or am i wiping everything first? Im on aokp milestone 6 with Chris kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.