08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 1234 ...
tools
    This is still sbrissens kernel. I kept his name on the kernel in about phone out of respect for sbrissens work. Im not slapping my name on anyones work what so ever.
    Thank you for clarifying, much appreciated.
    08-08-2012 12:45 PM
    ok, so you are tweaking his rom much like hakcenters/kobridge/placebo tweaks? just trying to wrap my head around the process involved here. it would be much easier to release your mods as a flashable then the whole rom wouldnt it? would be much smaller and easier to support..
    What? I was the first to release cm10 publicly. Sbrissen didnt release his til 5+ days later then phatomphreak dropped his release. Why would I make a "Tweak pack" for my own work?
    bruciebabie1963 likes this.
    08-08-2012 12:51 PM
    What? I was the first to release cm10 publicly. Sbrissen didnt release his til 5+ days later then phatomphreak dropped his release. Why would I make a "Tweak pack" for my own work?
    Because your own work, as you already stated in this thread, consists of taking an already existing set of work that was compiled and adding to it, as opposed to modifying the source code and recompiling.
    08-08-2012 12:53 PM
    Sbrissen never officially released a version of CM10 to my knowledge.
    And if you're using his work.....how was your build released 5 days before his??
    08-08-2012 12:54 PM
    well thats what i am asking.. are you compiling it or not.. its a simple question. from the about phone it shows it was compiled on sbrissens buildbox. thats why im asking. if you compiled the first release, and are still compiling, are you just putting his kernel in after the fact?
    08-08-2012 12:54 PM
    Do you people just enjoy seeing threads get locked or something? lol... I mean seriously.

I know it's summer and you're all out of school, but holy smokes, go outside and experience the real world for a few days, take a break.
    08-08-2012 12:56 PM
    Do you people just enjoy seeing threads get locked or something? lol... I mean seriously.

I know it's summer and you're all out of school, but holy smokes, go outside and experience the real world for a few days, take a break.
    This post is irrelevant to the topic. There are very important development questions being asked here. Please refrain from making the situation worse. Believe it or not, we ALL care about the same thing, which is the fast and efficient development of the latest and greatest systems for our devices.
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:00 PM
    This post is irrelevant to the topic. There are very important development questions being asked here. Please refrain from making the situation worse. Believe it or not, we ALL care about the same thing, which is the fast and efficient development of the latest and greatest systems for our devices.
    Of course, and I agree 100%, the development community should be a close knit group.

However, we all know what these sort of public questions lead to... locked threads and banned users.

If you're concerned, take your objections to PM and deal with DK one on one.
    08-08-2012 01:02 PM
    Of course, and I agree 100%, the development community should be a close knit group.

However, we all know what these sort of public questions lead to... locked threads and banned users.

If you're concerned, take your objections to PM and deal with DK one on one.
    Unfortunately, that approach was already taken (ahead of any public posting) and yielded less than acceptable results. I would like to avoid making private communications public, so I will leave it at that.
    08-08-2012 01:03 PM
    I found a little mistake in your build.prop.
    media.stagefright.enable-record=false needs to be true for video recording not to force close. I also edited this, but camera is still not working. At least once you get camera to work video will work also if you make this true.
    08-08-2012 01:04 PM
    Unfortunately, that approach was already taken (ahead of any public posting) and yielded less than acceptable results. I would like to avoid making private communications public, so I will leave it at that.
    They already have in xda I won't mention names.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-08-2012 01:05 PM
    I found a little mistake in your build.prop.
    media.stagefright.enable-record=false needs to be true for video recording not to force close. I also edited this, but camera is still not working. At least once you get camera to work video will work also if you make this true.
    It doesnt force close, it turns to black screen after you start playing a video, simply touch the screen and the video plays on like normal.
    08-08-2012 01:07 PM
    These questions seem relevant to anyone flashing this ROM. If DK is doing nothing more than surface tweaks, then everyone flashing this ROM should be aware that, under DK's current approach, deeper kernel issues (i.e., LoS and battery drain) will never be solved.
    08-08-2012 01:08 PM
    Yeah maybe we do. But chris41g has the right to ask a simple question right ?

08-08-2012 01:09 PM
    These questions seem relevant to anyone flashing this ROM. If DK is doing nothing more than surface tweaks, then everyone flashing this ROM should be aware that, under DK's current approach, deeper kernel issues (i.e., LoS and battery drain) will never be solved.
    I have no LOS OR BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES. If you are so far ahead please explain to me why I do not have these issues, using the same kernel and rom as everyone else. It is a simple question and if you guys are the top authority on it I would like to know. As I have the right to ask a simple questions don't I?

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    elport and sosovoo like this.
    08-08-2012 01:12 PM
    Questions pertaining to development techniques or methods please direct them to the OP via PM. We don't need another thread of problems.

Dark_Knight2, you do need to address these in a professional mannor if PM'ed.

Same rule applies as our administrator stated in the original thread. Any trolling or hate in this thread will not be met with warnings, we will not be playing games.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    08-08-2012 01:13 PM
    Never get solved? yet everyone wants to know his code pretty bad by the looks of it.. its worth mentionig his los and battery issues have been improving with each of his alpha releases.

08-08-2012 01:16 PM
    I have no LOS OR BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES. If you are so far ahead please explain to me why I do not have these issues, using the same kernel and rom as everyone else. It is a simple question and if you guys are the top authority on it I would like to know. As I have the right to ask a simple questions don't I?

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    Oh you're a lucky one aren't you because it seems 50% of the people flashing this ROM are experiencing los and horrible battery life.

Questions pertaining to development techniques or methods please direct them to the OP via PM. We don't need another thread of problems.

Dark_Knight2, you do need to address these in a professional mannor if PM'ed.

Same rule applies as our administrator stated in the original thread. Any trolling or hate in this thread will not be met with warnings, we will not be playing games.

Paul627g
    Forums Moderator.
    Am I able to ask my question?
    Oh you're a lucky one aren't you because it seems 50% of the people flashing this ROM are experiencing los and horrible battery life.

Please answer the question, it is not luck man, ive got a whole lot of people over at us cellular who have flashed this and have had no LOS and great battery life..
    note: not here to start a fight just would like a straight answer.
    mcgleevn likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:17 PM
    I have no LOS OR BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES. If you are so far ahead please explain to me why I do not have these issues, using the same kernel and rom as everyone else. It is a simple question and if you guys are the top authority on it I would like to know.

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    Because battery drain is caused predominantly by LoS on this ROM, which you don't suffer from (as a US Cellular customer) nearly as bad as those with Sprint devices. Which is great! But kernel work is likely necessary to stomp out LoS on Sprint phones running this ROM. And if DK is not doing kernel work (which is fine, it's up to him), Sprint device owners may have to look elsewhere for CM10 progress.
    08-08-2012 01:19 PM
    Well I'm guessing then US at Sprint are having crappy issues.

nothingblooms likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:23 PM
    Never get solved? yet everyone wants to know his code pretty bad by the looks of it.. its worth mentionig his los and battery issues have been improving with each of his alpha releases.

Interestingly enough, these "alpha releases" have been improving at EXACTLY the same rate as Sbrissen's kernel.
    08-08-2012 01:24 PM

The "issues" are getting better because of sbrissen's kernel updates.

DK, are you compiling your CM10 code base, or are you working from an already-compiled set of binaries?
    satur9ine likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:24 PM
    Interestingly enough, these "alpha releases" have been improving at EXACTLY the same rate as Sbrissen's kernel.
    That is great to hear! With that being said, why do you care? Go back to the development on Sbrissen's kernel and rom and leave us alone please.

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    bruciebabie1963 and Jatk like this.
    08-08-2012 01:27 PM
2,448 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD