08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    4 out of my 5 testers got it working without issue.
    Lucky me - I am the 20%
    08-13-2012 09:07 AM
    Lol thanks for the tip! I fully charged it before bed. I wanted to to test deep sleep and battery drain. I couldn't get any deep sleep info sadly, since it died. It's another day though and it's all gravy baby :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    I did the same thing you did with complete opposite results

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-13-2012 09:07 AM
    Battery is OK for me if I'm not using the phone...I'm a heavy user so my battery only last about 4 hours tops on this ROM.

08-13-2012 09:10 AM
    Battery is OK for me if I'm not using the phone...I'm a heavy user so my battery only last about 4 hours tops on this ROM.

Thats good actually. I only get 3 hrs of heavy use on stock FF18. Lol.
    nothingblooms and FeRReTTi like this.
    08-13-2012 09:17 AM
    Okay, how do I apply the Tasker LoS profile to Tasker?
    08-13-2012 09:27 AM
    Wipe and reflash report back,
    My buddy had the same issue, and once he wiped and reflashed it wasn't a problem anymore. Sometimes, the wipes do not take, try it twice.

Good luck,

nothingblooms
    ok yes so i odined el26, flashed alpha 18 then only wiped cache and dalvik, then flashed the new rom and gapps and now wifi works...gonna test deep sleep and all now..
    08-13-2012 09:30 AM
    Okay, how do I apply the Tasker LoS profile to Tasker?
    Directions in op
    08-13-2012 09:36 AM
    you can not judge battery on first day of flash, it's always gonna drain fast. Let it sit, setup something to control the cpu (SetCPU, Rom Toolbox, Tegrak, etc.) to set different mhz at different situations to help control battery. I found out on all the previous builds (DK's, XDA's, etc; i test them all), if you let the phone settle in for a day or so battery life increases drastically and LoS decreases. Just my two cents
    08-13-2012 09:38 AM
    you can not judge battery on first day of flash, it's always gonna drain fast. Let it sit, setup something to control the cpu (SetCPU, Rom Toolbox, Tegrak, etc.) to set different mhz at different situations to help control battery. I found out on all the previous builds (DK's, XDA's, etc; i test them all), if you let the phone settle in for a day or so battery life increases drastically and LoS decreases. Just my two cents
    This guy gets it! :thumbs up:
    08-13-2012 09:39 AM
    I'm glad the tasker_los.zip i put together is getting out there and helping some people. Still a pain though. And if course I'm not taking credit for it, just making it easier for people who can't figure out the b*tch that is Tasker. Has anybody had problems with it or has it been doing it's job?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-13-2012 10:00 AM
    All placebo in my opinion. How does a phone "settle in" exactly? Code doesn't optimize itself. After a full discharge and full charge of the battery that's as good as you're gonna get.

Edit: BTW, I'm genuinely looking to be educated on the matter not trying to be a ******. I get that CPU control can enhance battery but this kernel has very limited governor and scheduler options and conservative settings will not reduce massive drain due to kernel related los.
    Los will not "settle in." If so, please explain how. This obviously doesn't apply to USC users since they have no los apparently even though it's the exact same build with prop edits.

So all those reporting no los on Sprint, are you getting no los while on the charger? If you connect to WiFi and leave your house and let WiFi disconnect automatically and connect to 3g you aren't getting los there? If not, I think I might be having hardware issues and I'm gonna go by sprint and see about getting a new device.

BTW, I realize this is alpha and I'm not whining because I want to make it my DD. I just want to make sure my testing and user experience is accurate and on par with others.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi
    08-13-2012 10:06 AM
    Sleeping like a baby and staying connected to the network!

Click to view quoted image

Great job DK!

Edit: battery over night

what settings do you have your phone on?? Mine seems to get very little if any deep sleep and adroid operating system is drinking the battery.
    08-13-2012 10:23 AM
    The link is not working for me is there a mirror...
    08-13-2012 10:24 AM
    the link is not working...help
    08-13-2012 10:29 AM
    what settings do you have your phone on?? Mine seems to get very little if any deep sleep and adroid operating system is drinking the battery.
    A fresh install and a full charge and then I went to sleep lol. Didn't have WiFi connected either. I just lucky I guess

08-13-2012 10:29 AM
    All placebo in my opinion. How does a phone "settle in" exactly? Code doesn't optimize itself. After a full discharge and full charge of the battery that's as good as you're gonna get.

Just my experience with these JB roms. I was like damn battery draining but after just letting it do its thing for a day or so the battery drain was gone. So placebo or not just sharing my experiences with all the JB roms out there

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-13-2012 10:32 AM
    I keep getting status 7 when installing:/
    08-13-2012 10:59 AM
    the link is not working...help
    Link works just fine. Tested it twice.
    08-13-2012 11:04 AM
    I keep getting status 7 when installing:/
    Read the freaking op.
    08-13-2012 11:05 AM
    DK, does GPS work in this? When I open up the maps app, it thinks I'm in a town thats 40 miles away!
    08-13-2012 11:14 AM
    DK, does GPS work in this? When I open up the maps app, it thinks I'm in a town thats 40 miles away!
    Lol. I got that same issue on FF18.
    08-13-2012 11:16 AM
    Lol. I got that same issue on FF18.
    And your gps fix that you posted in your other thread won't work on this rom?
    08-13-2012 11:19 AM
    I just feel like there is a lot of misinformation, insufficient testing, and inaccurate reporting going on in this thread. All that does is throw sticks at the development wheel.

Then when somebody does report an issue, it's ....... oh well you're just an *****.... not me it's flawless for me.... your phone just sucks.... get a new network... pshh who's attending the ball this evening and having tea after?

Lol, sorry for being a negative Nancy but it's true. Don't hate.

bruciebabie1963 and izzibew26 like this.
    08-13-2012 11:21 AM
    I just feel like there is a lot of misinformation, insufficient testing, and inaccurate reporting going on in this thread. All that does is throw sticks at the development wheel.

Then when somebody does report an issue, it's ....... oh well you're just an *****.... not me it's flawless for me.... your phone just sucks.... get a new network... pshh who's attending the ball this evening and having tea after?

Lol, sorry for being a negative Nancy but it's true. Don't hate.

Haha "Negative Nancy" But I agree, lots of people aren't reading the OP with enough care and aren't reading past pages of the thread to get answers to questions that they are just gonna ask again anyways and annoy others.
    08-13-2012 11:23 AM
    And your gps fix that you posted in your other thread won't work on this rom?
    No cause its a GPS Binary issue and not a GPS Configuration issue. Its in my op as Not Working Perfectly
    08-13-2012 11:24 AM
2,448 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD