08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 12345 ...
tools
    This is like watching a bunch of little girls fight...

GET OVER IT PEOPLE. You're stalling development.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    agentfazexx, Jatk, s1rnem and 3 others like this.
    08-08-2012 01:29 PM
    If dark knight has something valuable to add to the code base (which already existed by means of well-established dev's,) why wouldn't he just post his fixed source publicly for all to see? The developers working on this particular project would love some extra help, DK would get credit for his work, and the entire community around this project could be happy and move onto the next issue.

Instead, dark knight is a hack, he's taken preexisting code, tinkered with it, posted closed-source builds publicly under his name, and hoped that by some way of fairy dust that his misunderstood tinkerings actually did something right, just to bring good word to his pseudonym. Why try to create a name for yourself in a field you can't compete in? Is he just young and trying to prove something to a mass of netizens who by and large don't really care where it came from and just want quality work? Or a massive troll, creating unnecessary drama and distraction from true progress?

I don't think there's a way to turn the tides for this current tarnished handle, Dark_Knight. Maybe it's time to create a new account and scurry up some drama under a new one in some other thread. What a convenient life you live behind your mask.
    08-08-2012 01:39 PM
    Interestingly enough, these "alpha releases" have been improving at EXACTLY the same rate as Sbrissen's kernel.
    I understand what your saying. From what I've analyzed i disagree. From MY user testing experience up until last week. I was flashing both dk and sb builds from the alpha 2 builds+. When one would update I'd flash and so on.. now I'm just committed to dks builds since I noticed his builds were slightly ahead of the game when compared to other projects. This was my observation as of a week ago. Maybe the code says different I wouldn't know. But from a user experience dk was putting out more updates and was slightly ahead of other projects as far as fixes. Again that's just my experience thus far. I dont see how he was copying other builds if they still have/had issues that dks either wasnt experiencing or fixed already.

08-08-2012 01:39 PM
    Some people cant make progress for themselves and in spite the only way they can make themselves feel like somebody is to stop others from making progress for themselves and others... kind of like Apple. DK, I for one appreciate that you are helping people like me. A Sprint customer with a D710 who wants the Jellybean experience because the manufacturer and carrier don't want to take the time. Thanks again and ban anyone who isn't behind you. If they don't like what your doing then they have no business in this thread.

kuttykartel and tigergoalie7 like this.
    08-08-2012 01:45 PM
    I understand what your saying. From what I've analyzed i disagree. From MY user testing experience up until last week. I was flashing both dk and sb builds from the alpha 2 builds+. When one would update I'd flash and so on.. now I'm just committed to dks builds since I noticed his builds were slightly ahead of the game when compared to other projects. This was my observation as of a week ago. Maybe the code says different I wouldn't know. But from a user experience dk was putting out more updates and was slightly ahead of other projects as far as fixes. Again that's just my experience thus far. I dont see how he was copying other builds if they still have/had issues that dks either wasnt experiencing or fixed already.

You are going to feel very silly in a few minutes. Some interesting info has just been discovered.
    08-08-2012 01:46 PM
    Some people cant make progress for themselves and in spite the only way they can make themselves feel like somebody is to stop others from making progress for themselves and others... kind of like Apple. DK, I for one appreciate that you are helping people like me. A Sprint customer with a D710 who wants the Jellybean experience because the manufacturer and carrier don't want to take the time. Thanks again and ban anyone who isn't behind you. If they don't like what your doing then they have no business in this thread.

Another customer for the train to sillytown.
    08-08-2012 01:48 PM
    I was going to leave your thread alone but since you dragged me in to this then I guess I should shed some light.

The people don't really care what you are doing with your rom. It just that you are hiding things and claiming things that aren't true. You are just winzipping this rom. You are making false posts about your rom. Anyone can verify this. Unpacking your Settings.apk the manifest speaks for itself.

The manifest clearly shows:

android:versionName="4.1.1-eng.sbrissen.20120731.140040" package="com.android.settings"

You are using sbrissen's build. Plain and simple
    QContent likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:49 PM
    I'm just an end user silly and happy about JB being out for our phone. If there is wrong doing then so be it if not then so be it. I was just trying to help and stating my experiences. I never said I was a dev or anything lol

mcgleevn likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:49 PM
    Some people cant make progress for themselves and in spite the only way they can make themselves feel like somebody is to stop others from making progress for themselves and others... kind of like Apple. [... ]ban anyone who isn't behind you. If they don't like what your doing then they have no business in this thread.
    You couldn't be more right, except you fail to realize DK is the one stalling progress with unecessary drama over his failed attempts at trying to 'be someone.'

Ban anyone that tells the truth.... you sound like a Westboro Baptist.
    odub303 likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:50 PM

You can roll updates pretty fast if you don't modify kernel code or recompile between releases.....

I think this build got so much attention because the community wants JB really bad (me too!!) But we are only going to get it from real developers, not surface-level tweakers.

If DK has been using Sbrissens kernel outright, and has not been modifying the source and building himself, then the fact that he posted a donate link to himself is potentially a really big disgrace to the real development community that we should be supporting, which is why chris41g and others are trying to find out exactly what DK is REALLY doing
    atharchian, chew dz and izzibew26 like this.
    08-08-2012 01:52 PM
    I was going to leave your thread alone but since you dragged me in to this then I guess I should shed some light.

The people don't really care what you are doing with your rom. It just that you are hiding things and claiming things that aren't true. You are just winzipping this rom. You are making false posts about your rom. Anyone can verify this. Unpacking your Settings.apk the manifest speaks for itself.

The manifest clearly shows:

android:versionName="4.1.1-eng.sbrissen.20120731.140040" package="com.android.settings"

You are using sbrissen's build. Plain and simple
    Irrelevant, Dk has expressed that it is sbrissens work and has refused to take his name off of it, however, he has made progress that you guys have not and therefore are pitching a fit because of. Grow-up, He has made modifications to both the rom and the kernel and is not asking for credit. Seriously leave so we can get on with our lives here. Take all of your buddies with you, it is not conducive to development to keep arguing.
    kuttykartel, mcgleevn and Jatk like this.
    08-08-2012 01:54 PM
    You can roll updates pretty fast if you don't modify kernel code or recompile between releases.....

I think this build got so much attention because the community wants JB really bad (me too!!) But we are only going to get it from real developers, not surface-level tweakers.

If DK has been using Sbrissens kernel outright, and has not been modifying the source and building himself, then the fact that he posted a donate link to himself is potentially a really big disgrace to the real development community that we should be supporting, which is why chris41g and others are trying to find out exactly what DK is REALLY doing
    Oh I got it now, It is all about money...
    08-08-2012 01:56 PM

Also, the fact that Dark_Knight2 implies in the OP that he is affiliated with CyanogenMod is inappropriate. The references to "our" CM10 source code and "our" gerritt instance of CM10 should be modified appropraitely.
    08-08-2012 01:56 PM
    Irrelevant, Dk has expressed that it is sbrissens work and has refused to take his name off of it, however, he has made progress that you guys have not and therefore are pitching a fit because of. Grow-up, He has made modifications to both the rom and the kernel and is not asking for credit. Seriously leave so we can get on with our lives here. Take all of your buddies with you, it is not conducive to development to keep arguing.
    It has been proven that he made NO modifications to the kernel. Do you understand the difference between source modifications and after-compiling modifications? One is original development, and one is not. As for the ROM "modifications", build.prop edits do not qualify as original development. Educate yourself please.
    08-08-2012 01:58 PM
    If dark knight has something valuable to add to the code base (which already existed by means of well-established dev's,) why wouldn't he just post his fixed source publicly for all to see? The developers working on this particular project would love some extra help, DK would get credit for his work, and the entire community around this project could be happy and move onto the next issue.

Instead, dark knight is a hack, he's taken preexisting code, tinkered with it, posted closed-source builds publicly under his name, and hoped that by some way of fairy dust that his misunderstood tinkerings actually did something right, just to bring good word to his pseudonym. Why try to create a name for yourself in a field you can't compete in? Is he just young and trying to prove something to a mass of netizens who by and large don't really care where it came from and just want quality work? Or a massive troll, creating unnecessary drama and distraction from true progress?

I don't think there's a way to turn the tides for this current tarnished handle, Dark_Knight. Maybe it's time to create a new account and scurry up some drama under a new one in some other thread. What a convenient life you live behind your mask.
    Please ban ignorant selfish people like this guy.

nothingblooms likes this.
    08-08-2012 01:58 PM
    Umm.. Ok. He is claiming that he is building a rom from source. That he is not. If anything he is offering a tweak pack. Wouldn't you like to know that as an end user?
    08-08-2012 01:59 PM
    Paul please get rid of the rediculousness here, so we can continue with our testing. I have tried being as polite as I can be.

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    PhantomPhreak53 likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:02 PM
    I really don't think any one cares anymore. Those of us who aren't wasting our time crying just want a stable version and to be honest I could care less if it was stolen from Google itself. Can you guys please just circle jerk elsewhere your ruining the magic of jb for everyone. Do something productive, we all want a stable rom who cares how we get it or how many trolls tears flood the way.

mcgleevn, Joeyc23, isoft7 and 3 others like this.
    08-08-2012 02:03 PM
    Maybe you guys missed the warning.. If you have questions about DKs development.. then take it to pm.. Continue to troll and derail the thread and you will be banned without warning.
    dmmarck likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:07 PM
    Oh. My. GOD.

patrao_n likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:08 PM
    Paul please get rid of the rediculousness here, so we can continue with our testing. I have tried being as polite as I can be.

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    Don't worry. The mods have been notified of the false and misleading claims being made in this thread. I'm sure the offenders will be dealt with appropriately.
    You couldn't be more right, except you fail to realize DK is the one stalling progress with unecessary drama over his failed attempts at trying to 'be someone.'

Ban anyone that tells the truth.... you sound like a Westboro Baptist.
    If you don't like what he's doing then you are showing how truly foolish you are by even being involved on this thread. This is not a debate forum. An opinion is simply an opinion until you share it with thousands of people, then it becomes slander and I sincerely doubt that you or anyone else has the right. Please try to make yourself useful, just try.

patrao_n likes this.
    I really don't think any one cares anymore. Those of us who aren't wasting our time crying just want a stable version and to be honest I could care less if it was stolen from Google itself. Can you guys please just circle jerk elsewhere your ruining the magic of jb for everyone. Do something productive, we all want a stable rom who cares how we get it or how many trolls tears flood the way.

But people claiming something that isn't there's is okay to you. That's AWESOME.

But people claiming something that isn't there's is okay to you. That's AWESOME.

Perfectly
    08-08-2012 02:11 PM

I don't care. At all. If your offended you can leave. I'm not going to stop you.

kuttykartel and Joeyc23 like this.
    08-08-2012 02:12 PM
2,448 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD