08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Op has flashable zips... follow instructions on there should get you on the ROM :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    ty.. OP is always my first stop on these things never know what has changed till you read... just 2 avoid question...
    Sbrissens Newest JB Kernel Flashable
    will that have the cwm6 in it 2 get this going? or any of those others for that matter...

and ty for the response
    08-15-2012 10:57 AM
    ty.. OP is always my first stop on these things never know what has changed till you read... just 2 avoid question...
    Sbrissens Newest JB Kernel Flashable
    will that have the cwm6 in it 2 get this going? or any of those others for that matter...

and ty for the response
    Yes, that is the same kernel that is now included in the rom. It is safe for flashing.
    08-15-2012 11:15 AM
    Yes, that is the same kernel that is now included in the rom. It is safe for flashing.
    ty as well..
    08-15-2012 11:44 AM
    i have su access, but my superuser app is not working properly. if i set my security settings to automatically allow, my apps have su permissions but the Superuser app does not log nor notify app access (taskbar nor toast).

i was able to manually delete superuser app using solid explorer and i tried updating the app and still does the same thing. i've even used the zip file DK posted earlier and exact same results.

i also got the "partition missing" error when i tried to mobile odin into sbrissen kernel tar. so i just install the sbissen kernel zip through CWM6 from chris41g kernel.
    08-15-2012 11:51 AM
    i also get the 4g unknown error the first time connecting. . . and oh, the only way to access the 4g settings is by pressing and hold the 4g taskbar toggle ?
    08-15-2012 11:54 AM
    i have su access, but my superuser app is not working properly. if i set my security settings to automatically allow, my apps have su permissions but the Superuser app does not log nor notify app access (taskbar nor toast).

i was able to manually delete superuser app using solid explorer and i tried updating the app and still does the same thing. i've even used the zip file DK posted earlier and exact same results.

i also got the "partition missing" error when i tried to mobile odin into sbrissen kernel tar. so i just install the zip through CWM6 from chris41g kernel.
    This is a known issue with the JB version of superuser.apk. Has absolutely zero to do with the rom. Im waiting patiently for chainsfireDD to update superuser. This rom uses his 3.2-RC2 Superuser.apk and SU Binary which is currently the most up to date version for JB Roms.
    agentcelsius likes this.
    08-15-2012 11:58 AM
    i also get the 4g unknown error the first time connecting. . . and oh, the only way to access the 4g settings is by pressing and hold the 4g taskbar toggle ?
    Kernel issue. Happens on all JB Roms.
    agentcelsius likes this.
    08-15-2012 11:58 AM
    Just so you guys know. If you download SuperSU from the market. It wil allow you to get the prompts for root access again. I am ok with superuser just being set to autoallow and saving me the headache.
    08-15-2012 12:05 PM
    dk- is there a need to update profile/prl?
    08-15-2012 12:11 PM
    Helps with getting text messages and calls. Etc.

08-15-2012 12:39 PM
    Yes. You gotta do it on the stock rom before flashing this.
    superuser426 likes this.
    08-15-2012 12:41 PM
    Never had an issue getting root access after nightly 2 fix. Great job. Now onto AOKP! :P
    08-15-2012 12:54 PM
    I use Enhanced Email for my corporate email account. Every time I reboot I am having to reoconfigure the app (enter email, domain, user account, app settings).

Any ideas?
    I'm going to try the stock email app to see if it is app specific but I don't care for the stock app.

I also had an issue where I couldn't make phone calls no matter what I tried (airplane mode cycle, reboot). I fixed it by reflashing nightly 2.

Thank you for all your work!
    08-15-2012 01:18 PM
    any ideas if gps wont lock? i remember reading to get a gps lock before flashing the rom. So to do that do i just turn it on before i flash it?
    08-15-2012 03:02 PM
    On nightly 2 4g doesn't work. Root is buggy. Its not really any better than nightly 1. So I flashed the new kernel and went back to nightly 1. Until all of this is fixed I'm sticking to nightly 1 with the latest kernel available. I did give it my best shot. I probably installed the ROM 3 times but no dice. I had extreme battery drain for some reason as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-15-2012 03:23 PM
    I use Enhanced Email for my corporate email account. Every time I reboot I am having to reoconfigure the app (enter email, domain, user account, app settings).

Any ideas?
    I'm going to try the stock email app to see if it is app specific but I don't care for the stock app.

I also had an issue where I couldn't make phone calls no matter what I tried (airplane mode cycle, reboot). I fixed it by reflashing nightly 2.

Thank you for all your work!
    This has to do with where the config files are located on your sd card for the app and the amount if time it takes to access the files. The app times out before the files are founf and it thinks they are missing, thus you are prompted to configure again.

Do a search on the thread and someone mentioned how they needed to move the files to resolve the issue.

08-15-2012 03:27 PM
    On nightly 2 4g doesn't work. Root is buggy. Its not really any better than nightly 1. So I flashed the new kernel and went back to nightly 1. Until all of this is fixed I'm sticking to nightly 1 with the latest kernel available.

Nightly 2 is much better then Nightly 1. All 5 of my testers agree. Root is "buggy" cause of the superuser.apk not the rom.
    08-15-2012 03:28 PM
    Nightly 2 is much better then Nightly 1. All 5 of my testers agree. Root is "buggy" cause of the superuser.apk not the rom.
    Maybe its just me then because my phone was completely bugged out. But 4g wouldn't connect and in live in a 4g area. I might try again.

08-15-2012 03:33 PM
    Is there anything we ccan do to improve battery life?
    08-15-2012 03:46 PM
    Is there anything we ccan do to improve battery life?
    Get source code from samsung and rebuild the kernel. Otherwise it will be a semi slow process like it was with CM9
    08-15-2012 03:49 PM
    I also have no los on nightly 1 with the newest kernel. I am finally getting texts!!!! Battery life is good too.

08-15-2012 03:51 PM
    I also have no los on nightly 1 with the newest kernel. I am finally getting texts!!!! Battery life is good too.

Hey nightly one is a solid base as well
    08-15-2012 04:00 PM
    One question... I forgot to check my voicemails and i flashed JB and i had a stuck VM indicator.. so i flashed back to el26 and listened to my vm's and saved them..then re flashed JB. i still have a stuck vm indicator saying i have 3 new vm's even though i dont. How do i get rid of this?
    08-15-2012 04:17 PM
    ok, can someone walk me through this...
    to update prl/profile/gps lock, where do I flash the multiboot? CWM6 wont flash it and mobile odin isn't playing nice, do i revert back to el29 direct boot and flash it that way?
    08-15-2012 04:17 PM
    ok, can someone walk me through this...
    to update prl/profile/gps lock, where do I flash the multiboot? CWM6 wont flash it and mobile odin isn't playing nice, do i revert back to el29 direct boot and flash it that way?
    Read the instructions for the multiboot, this isn't really the place to hold your hand through that. Watch qbkings video on it if needed. And yes, you must use the el29 directbootcwm or it wont work.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    08-15-2012 04:25 PM
2,448 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD