08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 23456 ...
tools
    It has been proven that he made NO modifications to the kernel. Do you understand the difference between source modifications and after-compiling modifications? One is original development, and one is not. As for the ROM "modifications", build.prop edits do not qualify as original development. Educate yourself please.
    The problem is all in you guys' approach. You are stalking THIS thread after stalking the last thread. This ish is starting to get unreadable. I would really like to hear from SBrissen and would actually take him seriously as opposed to watching you guys stalk and play gotcha with DK.

You still haven't proven your point. He has stated that these are KANGs and hasn't claimed credit for anyone else's work. He also has not modified the kernel and gives all credit where it's due. What is the end game for you guys? How many knowledgable folks do you wanna drive off?

Cool out people....
    Joeyc23, s1rnem, patrao_n and 1 others like this.
    08-08-2012 02:12 PM
    Maybe you guys missed the warning.. If you have questions about DKs development.. then take it to pm.. Continue to troll and derail the thread and you will be banned without warning.
    I don't mean to be rude, but please note that approach has already been taken and yielded unacceptable results. Evidence has been put forth in this thread that shows conclusively that Dark_Knight2 is falsely claiming original development. He is claiming to be compiling this rom from source. In fact, he is using a rom and kernel that has already been compiled and making changes to it after the fact. All anyone wants is for Dark_Knight2 to accurately state what his role is in releasing his rom. This is not unreasonable and in fact is required by the rules of your site. Please enforce your rules appropriately and consistently.
    izzibew26 and QContent like this.
    08-08-2012 02:13 PM
    I don't mean to be rude, but please note that approach has already been taken and yielded unacceptable results. Evidence has been put forth in this thread that shows conclusively that Dark_Knight2 is falsely claiming original development. He is claiming to be compiling this rom from source. In fact, he is using a rom and kernel that has already been compiled and making changes to it after the fact. All anyone wants is for Dark_Knight2 to accurately state what his role is in releasing his rom. This is not unreasonable and in fact is required by the rules of your site. Please enforce your rules appropriately and consistently.
    cool. It didn't work huh? I guess you will all just have to leave then. Such a shame. Bye bye.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    kuttykartel and patrao_n like this.
    08-08-2012 02:14 PM
    I am now listing this as a port to shut up all the code seekers. Its even in the op as a port. Im done trying to prove myself to anyone. Listing this as a port now ellimiates the need to post source. Congrats to everyone seeking code. it is now under lock and key.
    08-08-2012 02:16 PM
    Lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-08-2012 02:17 PM
    I am now listing this as a port to shut up all the code seekers. Its even in the op as a port. Im done trying to prove myself to anyone. Listing this as a port now ellimiates the need to post source. Congrats to everyone seeking code. it is now under lock and key.
    Thank you for finally admitting your method of development of this rom. That is all anyone wanted. As for your code, I'm sure it's extremely valuable, but the only reason we wanted to see it was because you originally represented that it entailed changes to the source code. Now that we know if does not, we don't care anymore. Carry on with your port.
    brady747 and justlovejoy like this.
    08-08-2012 02:22 PM
    Alright well that settles that, back to business. We will test releases for issues and when they are deemed viable for public use then they will be available. Til then everyone chill and go to something stable until you have been told otherwise.

Thanks,

nothingblooms
    08-08-2012 02:23 PM
    Thank you for finally admitting your method of development of this rom. That is all anyone wanted. As for your code, I'm sure it's extremely valuable, but the only reason we wanted to see it was because you originally represented that it entailed changes to the source code. Now that we know if does not, we don't care anymore. Carry on with your port.
    ::salute::
    justlovejoy likes this.
    08-08-2012 02:25 PM
    Man and I got my A$$ chewed out when I called this a port last week.

08-08-2012 02:26 PM
    Is it over now? Are we all done ranting? Let's get on with he program here plzzzzzz

08-08-2012 02:28 PM
    Man and I got my A$$ chewed out when I called this a port last week.

It's all in the method of delivery. Just like you can't run up to a red head and yell GINGER to their face.
    08-08-2012 02:29 PM
    Is it possible to clear all posts that do not deal with development so new and old users do not stumble onto this mess?
    Moderators.
    sosovoo, Joeyc23, cyburke and 6 others like this.
    08-08-2012 02:31 PM
    Thread is temporarily closed for review.. Will be back shortly.. We're having our own guys take a look at what exactly was done.

EDIT: Thread is Open - Public Apology
    08-08-2012 02:31 PM
    :what:

08-09-2012 09:29 AM
    Does anyone have a donation link for sbrissen?
    08-09-2012 09:40 AM
    Does anyone have a donation link for sbrissen?
    sbrissen's donate link - https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/we...12cd76bf2fd83f

Edit: I don't want to link any other threads here, so I took sbrissen's link down. You can still verify the above is indeed his donation link by going to his JB rom thread elsewhere
    08-09-2012 09:54 AM
    edited by moderator
    08-09-2012 10:23 AM
    Thanks DK for manning up. Are you going to continue work on this ROM?

Edit: To the above poster, let it go man let it go. Keep this stuff in PM world or take it to the mods if it insults your sensabilities so much. No more drama, right?
    08-09-2012 10:24 AM
    The 4shared file link for the rom is dead.
    08-09-2012 10:31 AM
    I have a new approach, Instead of putting up with the LOS and battery drain of jellybean on Epic4gt, I just flashed the jellybean amimations and google now to my aokp build 40 and I essentially have the same thing without the LOS and battery drain ,camera works,everything works. Really, jellybean is just ICS with snappier transitions and google now.
    08-09-2012 10:34 AM
    I have a new approach, Instead of putting up with the LOS and battery drain of jellybean on Epic4gt, I just flashed the jellybean amimations and google now to my aokp build 40 and I essentially have the same thing without the LOS and battery drain ,camera works,everything works. Really, jellybean is just ICS with snappier transitions and google now.
    Battery is hella better too. Drains like 4% per day on my tablet...

Also, what animations?
    08-09-2012 10:41 AM
    Glad to see everything is back to normal time for some good old fashioned jelly beans

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums
    agentfazexx and sosovoo like this.
    08-09-2012 10:55 AM
    Fitchicago can exit the forum. Dont let the door hit you to hard on the way out.
    08-09-2012 11:14 AM
    new link to the rom download? BTW thank you and everyone for their work on this you all are super great devs!
    08-09-2012 11:34 AM
    Great work! Where's the DL link??
    08-09-2012 11:59 AM
2,448 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD