08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    Wanna chime in here with something mostly OT. Forgive me, but I think this needs said

Building anything from source doesn't make you special. I can create a script that builds from source, come back in an hour and collect the ROM that's built. Anyone who can read can build Android from source.

I work from source code because it's easier for me to edit prior to building. Some folks take pre-built files and reverse-engineer them to make their changes. One is not better than the other. This sense of elitism that prevails in Android is ruining the original intent of having a community of folks sharing and having fun.

DK made a mistake with the way he originally presented his work. He corrected that mistake. Move on, and if you enjoy using his work, flash it and run it. If you don't, then don't. But please, don't think you need to worship someone because they can type a set of commands someone else wrote for them to type.
    ya know, i think i hear this everytime i go to west virginia......though itseasier to understand when it isnt spit out between all 4 teeth....hocan you not listen to a head of hair like that, not to mention a face of hair.....
    08-18-2012 03:58 PM
    Any idea when we might see built in tethering? Like in the CM9 roms?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Not sure. Cm10 is still very early into development. Things will change over time. Patients grasshopper (Chinese Dialect)
    Corrupt_Data likes this.
    08-18-2012 03:59 PM
    Wanna chime in here with something mostly OT. Forgive me, but I think this needs said

Building anything from source doesn't make you special. I can create a script that builds from source, come back in an hour and collect the ROM that's built. Anyone who can read can build Android from source.

I work from source code because it's easier for me to edit prior to building. Some folks take pre-built files and reverse-engineer them to make their changes. One is not better than the other. This sense of elitism that prevails in Android is ruining the original intent of having a community of folks sharing and having fun.

DK made a mistake with the way he originally presented his work. He corrected that mistake. Move on, and if you enjoy using his work, flash it and run it. If you don't, then don't. But please, don't think you need to worship someone because they can type a set of commands someone else wrote for them to type.
    I agree with everything you said. This is not the issue I am railing against. The issue I am railing against is the OP consistently representing that he has a set of "fixes" that only he knows, and that he refuses to share. Please explain to me how that comports with your notions of a sharing community? Building a ROM, whether from source or by porting, then refusing to share your work completely and transparently, is precisely the type of elitist self-centered and self-aggrandizing behavior that you yourself railed against in your reply.
    08-18-2012 03:59 PM
    I agree with everything you said. This is not the issue I am railing against. The issue I am railing against is the OP consistently representing that he has a set of "fixes" that only he knows, and that he refuses to share. Please explain to me how that comports with your notions of a sharing community?
    Lmao. THIS IS A PORT. NOT BUILT FROM SOURCE. THE KERNEL IS 100% SBRISSENS WORK WITH ZERO MODIFICATIONS TO IT WHAT SO EVER. ITS ALL SBRISSENS HARD WORK. What do I need to share? My fixes do not fall under GPL anymore cause im not touching the kernel in any way shape or form. A ported rom doesnt fall under gpl nor apache cause its not source built.

What good would my little old ported rom do for the open source community? Enlighten me please?

Your a big and bad mo fo building from source and not porting. Sooooooo what good is my git to you or anyone building there god roms?
    iniz94 and sosovoo like this.
    08-18-2012 04:05 PM
    Sounds good, just wondering. I can be impatient at times lol.

08-18-2012 04:07 PM
    DK.. Stop defending/explaining yourself.. Ignore it and let the mods handle it.

Back on topic please
    08-18-2012 04:10 PM
    I agree with everything you said. This is not the issue I am railing against. The issue I am railing against is the OP consistently representing that he has a set of "fixes" that only he knows, and that he refuses to share. Please explain to me how that comports with your notions of a sharing community? Building a ROM, whether from source or by porting, then refusing to share your work completely and transparently, is precisely the type of elitist self-centered and self-aggrandizing behavior that you yourself railed against in your reply.
    It doesn't. It wasn't intended to address that. The part where you should flash, use, and enjoy his work (if you like) or move on (if you don't like) covers it nicely though I think.

I learned a long time ago that I can't force my ideals on to anyone else. Nowadays, I worry about what I can do, versus what I can't.

Enough OT. I think we all understand each other. Back to the ROM ...
    Paul627g and agentfazexx like this.
    08-18-2012 04:10 PM
    Is there anything we can do about the Gallery not syncing with Picasa?
    i know I can use Google Plus or Picasatools but is there a built in solution? May be a different GAPPS? Because the option "Sync Google Photos" is not even there...
    08-18-2012 04:17 PM
    DK.. Stop defending/explaining yourself.. Ignore it and let the mods handle it.

Back on topic please
    Sorry...
    08-18-2012 04:26 PM
    I think my question was deleted amongst the nonsense posted here..

Is LoS any better with nightly 3? Other JB ROM's still have it... Been out of the loop for a while for JB so just curious.
    08-18-2012 04:28 PM
    I think the new kernel fixes the los for the most part. It just hit in the last day or two.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    agentfazexx likes this.
    08-18-2012 04:34 PM

Is LoS any better with nightly 3? Other JB ROM's still have it... Been out of the loop for a while for JB so just curious.
    I quoted and answered your question... anyways the answer is yes. LOS has been almost eliminated from sbrissens kernel and since we use his kernel with DKs ROMs, LOS should happen way less frequently, if you get any at all.

08-18-2012 04:36 PM

If you have it with all the other latest and greatest then you will most likely have it with this rom so I wouldn't get your hopes up. That doesn't mean it's not fixed though. Your device is obviously susceptible to Los. Mine is the same way thanks to Sprints half arse hacked together spider web network.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi
    agentfazexx likes this.
    08-18-2012 04:40 PM
    If you have it with all the other latest and greatest then you will most likely have it with this rom so I wouldn't get your hopes up. That doesn't mean it's not fixed though. Your device is obviously susceptible to Los. Mine is the same way thanks to Sprints half arse hacked together spider web network.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi
    Yeah Sprint sucks... The tower by the office (where I work) has had issues for 3 months now.
    08-18-2012 04:43 PM
    Nightly 3 is fantastic! FH13 + no los kernel + Jelly Bean + CM10 = and a daily driver!
    Great work!!!

08-18-2012 04:44 PM

Yes. It has sbrissens newest "no los" kernel. I have had no los at all on nightly 3.

08-18-2012 04:54 PM
    Yes. It has sbrissens newest "no los" kernel. I have had no los at all on nightly 3.

No LoS in how long? Has it been charging the whole time (this prevents LoS usually), have you moved around a lot...driving, etc?
    08-18-2012 05:13 PM
    No LoS in how long? Has it been charging the whole time (this prevents LoS usually), have you moved around a lot...driving, etc?
    Well I flashed it 45 min to 1 hour ago. It has not been charging during that time. Have not had 1 los so far. I have not really moved around though.

I think its great but every phone is different. Dk's work has always impressed me. Flash it and see. I think you will like it.

08-18-2012 05:19 PM
    Well I flashed it 45 min to 1 hour ago. It has not been charging during that time. Have not had 1 los so far. I have not really moved around though.

I think its great but every phone is different. Dk's work has always impressed me. Flash it and see. I think you will like it.

I was on Phantom's alpha 4. Had it charging most of the time, took an hour to get the first LoS, this was Friday. After the first LoS, they came every 4-5 minutes and required a reboot to fix.
    08-18-2012 05:24 PM
    This is running great for me! Is anyone running noop as their scheduler?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-18-2012 05:24 PM
    Is there anyway to fix the CRT off animation so that it works all the time?
    08-18-2012 05:36 PM
    This thread is to talk about the ROM's development, bug reporting, etc. You're derailing. Take it up over PM with the OP or the mods.
    What Rom are you referring to?

08-18-2012 05:57 PM
    Thread cleaned again, some posts were removed.

I'll repeat what our Forum Administrator has already said,

Continue to troll, insult and cause unnecessary drama and there will be no warnings given. You will wear out your welcome at Android Central very quickly.

Concerning Dark_Knight and this "port", again.. He is under no obligation to share his work, regardless of how it sounds, looks or rubs you the wrong way its his choice under the Apache license/law. No GPL violations are taking place since kernel is untouched and credits are applied generously to many developers in his OP.

Paul627g.
    Forums Moderator.
    08-18-2012 06:20 PM
    Guess ill break this awkward silence lol. Hows nightly 3 working for everyone?
    08-18-2012 06:35 PM
    Guess ill break this awkward silence lol. Hows nightly 3 working for everyone?
    I woulda broke the slience but i was at the zoo with the wife and kids.
    08-18-2012 06:38 PM
2,448 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD