08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Doing pretty good, flashed a little bit ago after a minor soft brick, restoring apps atm not data. really liking it so far. no LOS yet. google now seems to be working on wifi *poor 3g in house* and overall I'm really enjoying the work you did DK

on a side note when I was following your instructions to flash I downloaded "Sbrissens JB Kernel Odin CWM6" and Odin didn't like it, maybe because I was using Odin 1.85 and not a later one, but I flashed EL26 kernel and installed perfectly from there
    08-18-2012 06:43 PM
    Doing pretty good, flashed a little bit ago after a minor soft brick, restoring apps atm not data. really liking it so far. no LOS yet. google now seems to be working on wifi *poor 3g in house* and overall I'm really enjoying the work you did DK

on a side note when I was following your instructions to flash I downloaded "Sbrissens JB Kernel Odin CWM6" and Odin didn't like it, maybe because I was using Odin 1.85 and not a later one, but I flashed EL26 kernel and installed perfectly from there
    Good news. Nobody has reported any los with nightly 3 as of yet.
    08-18-2012 06:45 PM
    Been running N3 since you released it... No problems at all!! Dk2 = Stability
    08-18-2012 06:50 PM
    So far so good. Sometimes I get a strange/random vibration, like I'm getting a text. Seems to be a bug. What's the best way to make a log?

I was on the Alpha 4 from XDA and this is much "faster". Though, that ROM had the funny faces working in the front facing video camera. Not a gripe, but maybe there's a fix in there that can be merged into this?

Anyway, I'll know more about battery soon.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-18-2012 06:52 PM
    Guess ill break this awkward silence lol. Hows nightly 3 working for everyone?
    Well its working very well for me. I have had no los. Battery life is fantastic as well. CM tweaks are working great.

08-18-2012 06:56 PM
    Good news. Nobody has reported any los with nightly 3 as of yet.
    Just got my first LoS 30 minutes ago. Now they're happening every 5 minutes requiring a reboot to fix. Nightly 3, FH13 modem and Sbrissen's no LoS kernel.
    08-18-2012 06:56 PM
    So far so good. Sometimes I get a strange/random vibration, like I'm getting a text. Seems to be a bug. What's the best way to make a log?

I was on the Alpha 4 from XDA and this is much "faster". Though, that ROM had the funny faces working in the front facing video camera. Not a gripe, but maybe there's a fix in there that can be merged into this?

Anyway, I'll know more about battery soon.

Funny faces??? Is it an app or what? I fixed the FFC in Nightly 2.
    08-18-2012 06:57 PM
    Quick question, Gallery works but it doesn't see the picture folder I used when I was on CM9 A6, did they change the storage options around in JB? if so ill just ES File explorer them around
    08-18-2012 06:57 PM
    Only issue I have came a crossed was with the screen rotation. Once it rotates it won't rotate back to 0 deg you have to back out to the home screen to fix it. but I can live with that.

Great work dk!!
    08-18-2012 06:58 PM
    Just got my first LoS 30 minutes ago. Now they're happening every 5 minutes requiring a reboot to fix. Nightly 3, FH13 modem and Sbrissen's no LoS kernel.
    Some devices react differently to custom ROMs. Have you tried reinstalling the modem or wiping cache/dalvik?

rogued likes this.
    08-18-2012 06:59 PM
    I woulda broke the slience but i was at the zoo with the wife and kids.
    Picking up or dropping off?omg I couldn't resist....sorry

08-18-2012 07:01 PM
    Some devices react differently to custom ROMs. Have you tried reinstalling the modem or wiping cache/dalvik?

I'll try that and report back.
    08-18-2012 07:01 PM

More specifically the kernel than the ROM. ROMs usually run about the same, its the kernel that has a different reaction on some devices.. Kernel devs find that "happy medium" and then from there its up to the end user to tweak things that little further if need be.

Off topic a sec...

If it was my kids, I'd be dropping them back off at home "the zoo" where they belong.. LOL
    08-18-2012 07:02 PM
    Does anybody know why I can't change the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies?

08-18-2012 07:09 PM
    More specifically the kernel than the ROM. ROMs usually run about the same, its the kernel that has a different reaction on some devices.. Kernel devs find that "happy medium" and then from there its up to the end user to tweak things that little further if need be.

Off topic a sec...

If it was my kids, I'd be dropping them back off at home "the zoo" where they belong.. LOL
    Yeah. But since sbrissen fixed the los supposedly I figured that might help. And "the zoo where they belong" lol. Hilarious.

08-18-2012 07:09 PM
    Does anybody know why I can't change the minimum and maximum CPU frequencies?

Just get setcpu from market for now..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-18-2012 07:13 PM
    Soooo...how much is everyone enjoying jelly bean on their E4GT? I for one, love it! I'm running Sbrissens latest because it works.

For all who is wondering about los, DON'T! The new kernel is beast mode!

I've only ran into los once in 3 days and that's with driving to 4 different cities in a day.

I'm sure DKs build is just as stable!

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!
    08-18-2012 07:14 PM

Lmfao. I wish dropping off. But just having family time.
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-18-2012 07:15 PM
    Yeah. But since sbrissen fixed the los supposedly I figured that might help. And "the zoo where they belong" lol. Hilarious.

LoS Has been fixed in sbrissens code, Airplane Mode on the other hand is causing issues in CM10. So one of these bugs could still be in DK's port.
    08-18-2012 07:17 PM
    Alright, reflashed the modem and LoS is fixed! Just the airplane mode issue now but meh!
    sosovoo likes this.
    08-18-2012 07:29 PM
    To flash the modem, do we just boot into recovery and install from SD card (after wiping cache/dalvik)? I've never flashed a modem before, so just wondering if my thinking is correct.

And is it safe to do from the recovery that comes with this ROM? I'm somewhat new to flashing ROMs and stuff, but I have a little experience.
    08-18-2012 07:37 PM
    To flash the modem, do we just boot into recovery and install from SD card (after wiping cache/dalvik)? I've never flashed a modem before, so just wondering if my thinking is correct.

And is it safe to do from the recovery that comes with this ROM? I'm somewhat new to flashing ROMs and stuff, but I have a little experience.
    Just flash the modem from the included recovery
    organizedConfusion likes this.
    08-18-2012 07:38 PM
    Just flash the modem from the included recovery
    Ah, okay.

And if I may ask, why is the "recommended" modem not included with the ROM? And why is it recommended? I try to do as much research on this stuff as I can, and learning is never a bad thing
    08-18-2012 07:42 PM
    Alright, reflashed the modem and LoS is fixed! Just the airplane mode issue now but meh!
    Glad to hear it! Always happy to help!

08-18-2012 07:43 PM
    Wow, i have just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find some helpful insight, and what do i see? Trolls who apparently can't read. Look if you don't want to flash DK's stuff don't. What is the point of trolling? You are not changing ANYONE'S opinion. Either enjoy the content or don't. Don't plague the thread with you BS.
    08-18-2012 07:43 PM
2,448 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD