08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 7879808182 ...
tools
    Thanks I feel like a ***** for not trying that
    It's okay. I found while fiddling with the pre-installed programs on my phone.
    08-22-2012 07:57 AM
    All: If you are still getting LoS, go to settings>about phone and look under kernel version. If the date there is not 8-20-12 you are not on the latest kernel. The latest kernel is available for download in the op. Flash with included recovery after cache and dalvik cache wipe. This should fix your problem.

If you are on the latest kernel already and are still getting los. Wipe cache and dalvik then reflash it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    Updating to this kernel as I had a few short LOS periods and now I have rotational issues again. I am attempting to reflash to see if that fixes it - will report back with findings.

EDIT - I am on US Cellular
    08-22-2012 08:07 AM
    Updating to this kernel as I had a few short LOS periods and now I have rotational issues again. I am attempting to reflash to see if that fixes it - will report back with findings.

Look in my op under "US Cellular Issues"
    08-22-2012 08:31 AM
    Hey DK, PLEASE update the OP saying LoS is NOT fixed.
    Yes Sir, right away sir. :thumbdown::rolleyes:
    krazy_smokealot likes this.
    08-22-2012 08:32 AM
    All: If you are still getting LoS, go to settings>about phone and look under kernel version. If the date there is not 8-20-12 you are not on the latest kernel. The latest kernel is available for download in the op. Flash with included recovery after cache and dalvik cache wipe. This should fix your problem.

If you are on the latest kernel already and are still getting los. Wipe cache and dalvik then reflash it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 08:33 AM
    Yes Sir, right away sir. :thumbdown::rolleyes:
    Wow man I was just pointing it out.
    08-22-2012 08:44 AM
    Look in my op under "US Cellular Issues"
    Got it - will go back. Thanks for the heads up!
    08-22-2012 08:46 AM
    You and a few others are having LoS. This is not an issue for everyone. LoS has been fixed for the majority of people. Sbrissen is aware of the few who have been getting LoS.
    krazy_smokealot likes this.
    08-22-2012 08:46 AM
    No you are being quite rude about it. Some of us arent having that problem.
    08-22-2012 08:47 AM
    I'm doing great on nightly 4. Once media storage, drm protection and Google Music were force closed battery life is great. No LoS although I'm using the alpha 1 kernel. Vibration is incredibly weak with no option to make it stronger. I'm loving it though, vast improvement from nightly 2. Thank you for all your work :-)

Sent from my SCH-R760 via Tapatalk
    08-22-2012 08:48 AM
    Im glad I wasnt the only one who got that vibe from Agentagxxx.
    08-22-2012 08:51 AM
    I wasn't trying to be rude? Why is everything I say in this forum construed as rude?
    08-22-2012 08:52 AM
    Yeah I'd say 90% no Los + 10% Los / by itself = Los is fixed.

Edit: x pi obviously...

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme
    08-22-2012 08:52 AM
    How would one deal with random screen wakes? It won't stay locked for more than a minute...
    08-22-2012 08:53 AM
    Yeah I'd say 90% no Los + 10% Los / by itself = Los is fixed.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - Cobalt theme
    Agreed .. I also think possibly there could be confusion between the issues of LOS and the airplane mode bug . They are not the same issue as I see it. This is also reflected in the OP since they are listed as separate items.

For example sending sms .. if i got LOS it recieved message failed to send .. with AMB ( airplane mode bug) i get the message will be sent when service available.

I have not had any sign of LOS ( as it seems is the majority) since Sbrissen fixed it. However I have had the airplane mode bug , and still do even on newest build and kernel on both available CM10 builds ( not on AOSP though) .

I will not say noone is having LOS, because that can happen, but i do say it is very fair to say it is fixed as that is the majority experience.
    08-22-2012 09:00 AM
    Rotation issues were a problem for me, unless I was using the original aosp sbrissen kernel. However, I flashed the 8-20 phantomfreak kernel without wiping anything and rotation is perfect and bluetooth audio works fine. My alarm clock actually woke my up today! No issues battery is rock solid... been on the phone for 20 minutes battery life still at 99%.
    08-22-2012 09:21 AM

I was getting LOS like crazy but I flashed el26 modem and it seems to have fixed my LOS but I'm gonna flash newest kernel also just in case.
    08-22-2012 09:23 AM
    Rotation issues were a problem for me, unless I was using the original aosp sbrissen kernel. However, I flashed the 8-20 phantomfreak kernel without wiping anything and rotation is perfect and bluetooth audio works fine. My alarm clock actually woke my up today! No issues battery is rock solid... been on the phone for 20 minutes battery life still at 99%.
    He lives...he finally lives. Lol. Welcome back
    08-22-2012 09:25 AM
    He lives...he finally lives. Lol. Welcome back
    Thanks
    08-22-2012 09:39 AM
    Anyone with info on sbrissens site to get daily's please pm me with the info...thanks
    08-22-2012 09:42 AM
    I flashed to the alpha 1 kernel to fix rotation, so I can flash to that kernel now with no problems? Just wipe caches (as a precaution)?

Sent from my SCH-R760 via Tapatalk
    08-22-2012 09:58 AM
    Sigh... no rotational issues with newest kernel but major los for us cellular

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

edit: went back to old kernel... only thing is that the freaking bluetooth audio does not work ....
    08-22-2012 10:02 AM
    Sigh... no rotational issues with newest kernel but major los for us cellular

I'm on sbrissen's old cm10 jb kernel, no los, or screen problems/rotation

08-22-2012 10:12 AM
    I dunno blooms... I flashed sbrissens latest kernel last night and I havent had rotation or LOS issues, worked all last night then this morning on my drive to work. Im using FB14 modem...
    08-22-2012 10:14 AM
    Hi. Just wanted to share my setup that may help others having an issue with LOS or airplane mode popping on. I have not experienced either. Oh and no rotation issue either.

Running the following:
    Sbrissens_08-20-12_Kernel
    FH31 modem
    Jellybro CM10 [Nightly 4]
    gapps-jb-20120717-signed

Flashed over nightly 3 after wiping cache and dalvik per OP instructions.

The only issue I've seen with nightly 4 is when I have phone volume all the way up synced with notification volume, when I get a text there is no notification sound. But if I turn volume down, I get notification sound.
    08-22-2012 10:24 AM
2,448 ... 7879808182 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD