08-25-2012 11:10 AM
2,448 ... 7980818283 ...
tools
    Ok heres what im going to do. Im going to making a seperate thread for US Cell users cause im confused as s*** right now
    08-22-2012 10:25 AM
    I was getting LOS like crazy but I flashed el26 modem and it seems to have fixed my LOS but I'm gonna flash newest kernel also just in case.
    Can someone point in the direction of this modem?
    08-22-2012 10:27 AM
    Rotation issues were a problem for me, unless I was using the original aosp sbrissen kernel. However, I flashed the 8-20 phantomfreak kernel without wiping anything and rotation is perfect and bluetooth audio works fine. My alarm clock actually woke my up today! No issues battery is rock solid... been on the phone for 20 minutes battery life still at 99%.
    I'll give it a shot.
    08-22-2012 10:30 AM
    Sigh... no rotational issues with newest kernel but major los for us cellular

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Android Central Forums

edit: went back to old kernel... only thing is that the freaking bluetooth audio does not work ....
    Lol. I was going to follow your route but nevermind. Lol
    08-22-2012 10:32 AM
    Very nice ROM - I flashed it last night and have had zero issues, but I haven't gone anywhere yet. GPS appears to work, no LOS, no rotation issues, MMS works, phone is super fast and smooth. I have only flashed 2 ROMs on this phone (weirded out by the EMMC bug), an older version of Blu Kuban, and now this, and I struggled with this.

So, I want to tell others how I flashed this. I ran into the problem that others did with a partition not found error from mobile odin, and a failure if I tried to ODIN "Sbrissens Kernel w/ ClockworkMod 6.0.1.0 Recovery". I found a work around that appears to work from a reportedly "safe" recovery. I can not verifiy that it is indeed "safe" but it worked on my phone, which based on the apps that tell you if your phone has the bug does indeed have it.

First, download the 3 things you need from the OP of this thread -
    Sbrissens CM10 JB Kernel Flashable (From under the kernels section - not the one under instructions)
    The JellyBro ROM
    The latest gapps

Put all these apps on the internal SD of the phone.

Download this to your computer, it is a direct boot CWM package:
    Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Tools

Download ODIN, it is found here:
    [GUIDE] Using ODIN to flash your Epic 4G Touch (windows only) - xda-developers

That thread also has instructions on using it.

Use ODIN to install the direct boot CWM, this erases your rom leaving CWM in its place with a EL29 kernal. To install it you just load the .TAR file by clicking the PDA button in ODIN and pressing start. This does increase the flash count in ODIN so you will have the yellow triangle when you boot.

After ODIN does its thing you will be booted into CWM. Use CWM to flash the new kernel, then continue the directions in the OP of this thread from step 3. If you are unfamiliar with CWM on this phone the enter key is the home button and the power button is back.

Good luck!
    its a pre alpha preview edition
    Thanks for posting this. But you do not NEED to trip the flash count by using desktop odin. You can flash that direct boot kernel with mobile odin. Then reboot. Then you can install the CM10 image. Done. Thanks!
    08-22-2012 10:33 AM
    I'm sorry if I missed it. I did read most of the thread. Is it normal for the 'optimizing apps 1 of XX' to show on every boot? I usually only see that on upgrades but I see that on every boot at the moment. Just a minor annoyance really nothing I care too terribly much about. Thanks all
    08-22-2012 10:44 AM
    Having play back error in Apollo and Google music player... Anyway to fix?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    08-22-2012 10:47 AM
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere(I hope I didn't miss it!), but are these build available through goo manager? I would love to receive the notification when a new build becomes available throughout the day, as I am out of the house usually from early in the morning till late at night.
    08-22-2012 10:54 AM
    DSP don't work with slacker is there a fix for that??
    08-22-2012 10:55 AM
    On the subject of safety vs stupidity when flashing....just for kicks I flashed about 15 different roms going from jb to gb to ics back and forth through various orders. The only constant was every time I would flash the twrp touch. Recovery. Then wipe and install...works every time for me with no problem.so.....has anyone had any experience with this...it was fun but I was wondering what the chances are to screw something up....Thanks
    08-22-2012 10:56 AM
    DSP don't work with slacker is there a fix for that??
    Slacker may not support dsp apps.
    08-22-2012 11:09 AM
    I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere(I hope I didn't miss it!), but are these build available through goo manager? I would love to receive the notification when a new build becomes available throughout the day, as I am out of the house usually from early in the morning till late at night.
    Goo.im is a horrible hosting site. I will never ever use them. They "accidentally" deleted all there hosted files that the devs had previously had. There "Code upgrades" were a joke at best. Ill stick with 4shared. They have been very good to me.
    08-22-2012 11:11 AM
    On the subject of safety vs stupidity when flashing....just for kicks I flashed about 15 different roms going from jb to gb to ics back and forth through various orders. The only constant was every time I would flash the twrp touch. Recovery. Then wipe and install...works every time for me with no problem.so.....has anyone had any experience with this...it was fun but I was wondering what the chances are to screw something up....Thanks
    I would put your actions clearly in the stupid column.
    thenameisnigel likes this.
    08-22-2012 11:14 AM
    Having play back error in Apollo and Google music player... Anyway to fix?

I am having the same issue
    08-22-2012 11:25 AM
    I am getting Airplane Mode, however Nightly 4 works GREAATT!!!!!

My Kernel says

Sbrissens
    Thur Aug 16...I am assunimg thsi is an old kernel. Should I wipe everything then flash the Kernel and then Nightly then Gapps again?
    08-22-2012 11:25 AM
    I am getting Airplane Mode, however Nightly 4 works GREAATT!!!!!

My Kernel says

Sbrissens
    Thur Aug 16...I am assunimg thsi is an old kernel. Should I wipe everything then flash the Kernel and then Nightly then Gapps again?
    His ROM is using sbrissen's kernel. You're good I think , unless I'm incorrect.
    08-22-2012 11:41 AM
    When using odin(desktop) to install Sbrissen kernal and cwm6. Do I just select the pda button and select the tar file->run?
    Yessir. I ignored the urge to facepalm you.
    08-22-2012 11:42 AM
    hey DK source was dropped for FH13

http://opensource.samsung.com/recept...Value=sph-d710

08-22-2012 12:02 PM
    Updating to this kernel as I had a few short LOS periods and now I have rotational issues again. I am attempting to reflash to see if that fixes it - will report back with findings.

EDIT - I am on US Cellular
    so far had one instance of LOS that I have seen
    08-22-2012 12:03 PM
    08-22-2012 12:12 PM
    Any suggestions for music playback error??

08-22-2012 12:17 PM
    Rwilco12's E4GT Modem Repository
    08-22-2012 12:28 PM
    I tried using mobile odin to flash Sbrissens kernel that is in the OP but as soon as i select it in mobile odin a box comes up saying "Partition could not be found in file." Any help?
    08-22-2012 12:35 PM
    I tried using mobile odin to flash Sbrissens kernel that is in the OP but as soon as i select it in mobile odin a box comes up saying "Partition could not be found in file." Any help?
    Pull out boot.img from zip and flash that thru Mobil odin

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 12:37 PM
    Any suggestions for music playback error??

From which app Google play music?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    08-22-2012 12:38 PM
2,448 ... 7980818283 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD