[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10 Alpha 17

are you building this from sbrissens source, or just making changes to his built rom? because from the about phone, it seems you arent compiling anything at all.. just winzipping.. is that assumption correct? if so, how does this rom differ from sbrissens?

Along the same lines, my understanding is that you are stating that you are not obligated to release your source code for LoS and SoD fixes. If those "fixes" are contained in the kernel, then you are obligated by the terms of the GPL to release the source code simultaneously with the release of the binaries for public download. The android linux kernel base is licensed under GPL. Scott's kernel is therefore licensed under GPL, and therefore your modifications to the kernel, if any, are also licensed under the GPL. Please refer to the official GPL FAQW located at https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v3MakingAvailable

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
are you building this from sbrissens source, or just making changes to his built rom? because from the about phone, it seems you arent compiling anything at all.. just winzipping.. is that assumption correct? if so, how does this rom differ from sbrissens?

There were mods added to the build.prop after compiling was complete. Also alot of fixes were added well after the first compling process.

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

There were mods added to the build.prop after compiling was complete. Also alot of fixes were added well after the first compling process.

ok, so you are tweaking his rom much like hakcenters/kobridge/placebo tweaks? just trying to wrap my head around the process involved here. it would be much easier to release your mods as a flashable then the whole rom wouldnt it? would be much smaller and easier to support..

Reactions: chew dz

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Can you clarify this? It sounds like you edited an already-compiled ROM.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Along the same lines, my understanding is that you are stating that you are not obligated to release your source code for LoS and SoD fixes. If those "fixes" are contained in the kernel, then you are obligated by the terms of the GPL to release the source code simultaneously with the release of the binaries for public download. The android linux kernel base is licensed under GPL. Scott's kernel is therefore licensed under GPL, and therefore your modifications to the kernel, if any, are also licensed under the GPL. Please refer to the official GPL FAQW located at https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#v3MakingAvailable

This is still sbrissens kernel. I kept his name on the kernel in about phone out of respect for sbrissens work. Im not slapping my name on anyones work what so ever.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ok, so you are tweaking his rom much like hakcenters/kobridge/placebo tweaks? just trying to wrap my head around the process involved here. it would be much easier to release your mods as a flashable then the whole rom wouldnt it? would be much smaller and easier to support..

What? I was the first to release cm10 publicly. Sbrissen didnt release his til 5+ days later then phatomphreak dropped his release. Why would I make a "Tweak pack" for my own work?

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

What? I was the first to release cm10 publicly. Sbrissen didnt release his til 5+ days later then phatomphreak dropped his release. Why would I make a "Tweak pack" for my own work?

Because your own work, as you already stated in this thread, consists of taking an already existing set of work that was compiled and adding to it, as opposed to modifying the source code and recompiling.

BaneToKnight

Banned
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Sbrissen never officially released a version of CM10 to my knowledge.
And if you're using his work.....how was your build released 5 days before his??

chris41g

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

well thats what i am asking.. are you compiling it or not.. its a simple question. from the about phone it shows it was compiled on sbrissens buildbox. thats why im asking. if you compiled the first release, and are still compiling, are you just putting his kernel in after the fact?

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Do you people just enjoy seeing threads get locked or something? lol... I mean seriously.

I know it's summer and you're all out of school, but holy smokes, go outside and experience the real world for a few days, take a break.

This post is irrelevant to the topic. There are very important development questions being asked here. Please refrain from making the situation worse. Believe it or not, we ALL care about the same thing, which is the fast and efficient development of the latest and greatest systems for our devices.

isoft7

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

This post is irrelevant to the topic. There are very important development questions being asked here. Please refrain from making the situation worse. Believe it or not, we ALL care about the same thing, which is the fast and efficient development of the latest and greatest systems for our devices.

Of course, and I agree 100%, the development community should be a close knit group.

However, we all know what these sort of public questions lead to... locked threads and banned users.

If you're concerned, take your objections to PM and deal with DK one on one.

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Of course, and I agree 100%, the development community should be a close knit group.

However, we all know what these sort of public questions lead to... locked threads and banned users.

If you're concerned, take your objections to PM and deal with DK one on one.

Unfortunately, that approach was already taken (ahead of any public posting) and yielded less than acceptable results. I would like to avoid making private communications public, so I will leave it at that.

Reactions: BaneToKnight

androidguy1991

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I found a little mistake in your build.prop.
media.stagefright.enable-record=false needs to be true for video recording not to force close. I also edited this, but camera is still not working. At least once you get camera to work video will work also if you make this true.

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, that approach was already taken (ahead of any public posting) and yielded less than acceptable results. I would like to avoid making private communications public, so I will leave it at that.

They already have in xda I won't mention names.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

I found a little mistake in your build.prop.
media.stagefright.enable-record=false needs to be true for video recording not to force close. I also edited this, but camera is still not working. At least once you get camera to work video will work also if you make this true.

It doesnt force close, it turns to black screen after you start playing a video, simply touch the screen and the video plays on like normal.

grafixguy123

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

These questions seem relevant to anyone flashing this ROM. If DK is doing nothing more than surface tweaks, then everyone flashing this ROM should be aware that, under DK's current approach, deeper kernel issues (i.e., LoS and battery drain) will never be solved.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

These questions seem relevant to anyone flashing this ROM. If DK is doing nothing more than surface tweaks, then everyone flashing this ROM should be aware that, under DK's current approach, deeper kernel issues (i.e., LoS and battery drain) will never be solved.

I have no LOS OR BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES. If you are so far ahead please explain to me why I do not have these issues, using the same kernel and rom as everyone else. It is a simple question and if you guys are the top authority on it I would like to know. As I have the right to ask a simple questions don't I? ;)

Thanks,

nothingblooms

Reactions: sosovoo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams