[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][UNOFFICIAL] Cyanogenmod 10 Alpha 17

Questions pertaining to development techniques or methods please direct them to the OP via PM. We don't need another thread of problems.

Dark_Knight2, you do need to address these in a professional mannor if PM'ed.

Same rule applies as our administrator stated in the original thread. Any trolling or hate in this thread will not be met with warnings, we will not be playing games.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
These questions seem relevant to anyone flashing this ROM. If DK is doing nothing more than surface tweaks, then everyone flashing this ROM should be aware that, under DK's current approach, deeper kernel issues (i.e., LoS and battery drain) will never be solved.

Never get solved? yet everyone wants to know his code pretty bad by the looks of it.. its worth mentionig his los and battery issues have been improving with each of his alpha releases.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

daniel4653

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I have no LOS OR BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES. If you are so far ahead please explain to me why I do not have these issues, using the same kernel and rom as everyone else. It is a simple question and if you guys are the top authority on it I would like to know. As I have the right to ask a simple questions don't I? ;)

Thanks,

nothingblooms

Oh you're a lucky one aren't you because it seems 50% of the people flashing this ROM are experiencing los and horrible battery life.

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Questions pertaining to development techniques or methods please direct them to the OP via PM. We don't need another thread of problems.

Dark_Knight2, you do need to address these in a professional mannor if PM'ed.

Same rule applies as our administrator stated in the original thread. Any trolling or hate in this thread will not be met with warnings, we will not be playing games.

Paul627g
Forums Moderator.

Am I able to ask my question?

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Oh you're a lucky one aren't you because it seems 50% of the people flashing this ROM are experiencing los and horrible battery life.

Please answer the question, it is not luck man, ive got a whole lot of people over at us cellular who have flashed this and have had no LOS and great battery life..
note: not here to start a fight just would like a straight answer.

grafixguy123

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

I have no LOS OR BATTERY DRAIN ISSUES. If you are so far ahead please explain to me why I do not have these issues, using the same kernel and rom as everyone else. It is a simple question and if you guys are the top authority on it I would like to know.

Thanks,

nothingblooms

Because battery drain is caused predominantly by LoS on this ROM, which you don't suffer from (as a US Cellular customer) nearly as bad as those with Sprint devices. Which is great! But kernel work is likely necessary to stomp out LoS on Sprint phones running this ROM. And if DK is not doing kernel work (which is fine, it's up to him), Sprint device owners may have to look elsewhere for CM10 progress.

oddlou

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site

Never get solved? yet everyone wants to know his code pretty bad by the looks of it.. its worth mentionig his los and battery issues have been improving with each of his alpha releases.

Interestingly enough, these "alpha releases" have been improving at EXACTLY the same rate as Sbrissen's kernel.

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

The "issues" are getting better because of sbrissen's kernel updates.

DK, are you compiling your CM10 code base, or are you working from an already-compiled set of binaries?

Reactions: satur9ine

Tehbgduboski

Banned
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

If dark knight has something valuable to add to the code base (which already existed by means of well-established dev's,) why wouldn't he just post his fixed source publicly for all to see? The developers working on this particular project would love some extra help, DK would get credit for his work, and the entire community around this project could be happy and move onto the next issue.

Instead, dark knight is a hack, he's taken preexisting code, tinkered with it, posted closed-source builds publicly under his name, and hoped that by some way of fairy dust that his misunderstood tinkerings actually did something right, just to bring good word to his pseudonym. Why try to create a name for yourself in a field you can't compete in? Is he just young and trying to prove something to a mass of netizens who by and large don't really care where it came from and just want quality work? Or a massive troll, creating unnecessary drama and distraction from true progress?

I don't think there's a way to turn the tides for this current tarnished handle, Dark_Knight. Maybe it's time to create a new account and scurry up some drama under a new one in some other thread. What a convenient life you live behind your mask.

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Interestingly enough, these "alpha releases" have been improving at EXACTLY the same rate as Sbrissen's kernel.

I understand what your saying. From what I've analyzed i disagree. From MY user testing experience up until last week. I was flashing both dk and sb builds from the alpha 2 builds+. When one would update I'd flash and so on.. now I'm just committed to dks builds since I noticed his builds were slightly ahead of the game when compared to other projects. This was my observation as of a week ago. Maybe the code says different I wouldn't know. But from a user experience dk was putting out more updates and was slightly ahead of other projects as far as fixes. Again that's just my experience thus far. I dont see how he was copying other builds if they still have/had issues that dks either wasnt experiencing or fixed already.

Joeyc23

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Some people cant make progress for themselves and in spite the only way they can make themselves feel like somebody is to stop others from making progress for themselves and others... kind of like Apple. DK, I for one appreciate that you are helping people like me. A Sprint customer with a D710 who wants the Jellybean experience because the manufacturer and carrier don't want to take the time. Thanks again and ban anyone who isn't behind you. If they don't like what your doing then they have no business in this thread.

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I understand what your saying. From what I've analyzed i disagree. From MY user testing experience up until last week. I was flashing both dk and sb builds from the alpha 2 builds+. When one would update I'd flash and so on.. now I'm just committed to dks builds since I noticed his builds were slightly ahead of the game when compared to other projects. This was my observation as of a week ago. Maybe the code says different I wouldn't know. But from a user experience dk was putting out more updates and was slightly ahead of other projects as far as fixes. Again that's just my experience thus far. I dont see how he was copying other builds if they still have/had issues that dks either wasnt experiencing or fixed already.

You are going to feel very silly in a few minutes. Some interesting info has just been discovered.

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Some people cant make progress for themselves and in spite the only way they can make themselves feel like somebody is to stop others from making progress for themselves and others... kind of like Apple. DK, I for one appreciate that you are helping people like me. A Sprint customer with a D710 who wants the Jellybean experience because the manufacturer and carrier don't want to take the time. Thanks again and ban anyone who isn't behind you. If they don't like what your doing then they have no business in this thread.

Another customer for the train to sillytown.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site

I was going to leave your thread alone but since you dragged me in to this then I guess I should shed some light.

The people don't really care what you are doing with your rom. It just that you are hiding things and claiming things that aren't true. You are just winzipping this rom. You are making false posts about your rom. Anyone can verify this. Unpacking your Settings.apk the manifest speaks for itself.

The manifest clearly shows:

android:versionName="4.1.1-eng.sbrissen.20120731.140040" package="com.android.settings"

You are using sbrissen's build. Plain and simple

Reactions: QContent

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm just an end user silly and happy about JB being out for our phone. If there is wrong doing then so be it if not then so be it. I was just trying to help and stating my experiences. I never said I was a dev or anything lol

Tehbgduboski

Banned
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

Some people cant make progress for themselves and in spite the only way they can make themselves feel like somebody is to stop others from making progress for themselves and others... kind of like Apple. [... ]ban anyone who isn't behind you. If they don't like what your doing then they have no business in this thread.

You couldn't be more right, except you fail to realize DK is the one stalling progress with unecessary drama over his failed attempts at trying to 'be someone.'

Ban anyone that tells the truth.... you sound like a Westboro Baptist.

Reactions: odub303

grafixguy123

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

You can roll updates pretty fast if you don't modify kernel code or recompile between releases.....

I think this build got so much attention because the community wants JB really bad (me too!!) But we are only going to get it from real developers, not surface-level tweakers.

If DK has been using Sbrissens kernel outright, and has not been modifying the source and building himself, then the fact that he posted a donate link to himself is potentially a really big disgrace to the real development community that we should be supporting, which is why chris41g and others are trying to find out exactly what DK is REALLY doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma