[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jce69

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][08/13/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly 1]

I've been watching this thread like a stalker :p and Ive seen how much progress Dk has made with this and Im amazed how fast this man works and I decided to try it out. Not sure if I got a bad download :'( or what, I flashed this and followed the instructions right down to the letter and I'm stuck on a black screen. I can boot into odin and I can still boot into recovery.

But Thanks Dk :)

nuxbag

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I just googled "beats audio epic 4g touch" and I came across a thread that had a flashable zip.

-AOKP milestone 6 - FF18 Modem - 200dpi

Oh your using that one, didnt like that version ill keep using mine thanks a bunch.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I've been watching this thread like a stalker :p and Ive seen how much progress Dk has made with this and Im amazed how fast this man works and I decided to try it out. Not sure if I got a bad download :'( or what, I flashed this and followed the instructions right down to the letter and I'm stuck on a black screen. I can boot into odin and I can still boot into recovery.

But Thanks Dk :)

We are aware of issue. Dk is working on it :) I'm experiencing it myself

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Plz can someone tell me if WiFi tether is working on this ROM. Thanks

When I tried everything seems to work fine, turns on I can configure password... it shows up in my available networks but it doesn't connect, I keep getting a timeout error.

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Well i asked where he got his to compared to mine but it seems like you guys go straight to sarcasm these forums are for sharing ideas information but thanks anyway you guys are the best.

Sorry, I don't mean to offend, there have just been a lot of un-searched questions here. And your post didn't seem clear on "where you got yours to where he got his." :-!

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

so, I've been playing with my LoS issues, like most. I set up the tasker-los but it was no better, I have noticed though, the only los I'm getting is cell service. no data drop outs. also, the reason I think the tasker los didn't work for me is when I toggle airplane mode it has no effect on my los. the only way to make calls again is a reboot. The cell los also seems to be happening when going in and out of deep sleep.

EDIT:
ok after more testing, deep sleep is causing my cell LoS. data is fine.
only fix is re-boot.
also noticed when a call is made, data drops out and comes back after the call is finished.
If I try to call while experiencing LoS the call will not hang up. Toggling airplane mode or force quitting the phone app will kill the call and bring data service back on, however not cell phone service. that still requires a re-boot.

maybe if I keep the phone from going into deep sleep I'll have no more LoS issues, but I like my battery life right now. Also the fact that it drops data while a call is being made seems like something there may be a culprit for some of the LoS issues.

hope this helps.

Last edited:

larvangeles

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site

My phone dont boot in to android anymore

i will explain what i did the best i can.

ok my E4gt was in stock ICS FF18. so i rooted the device following this video How to Root the Samsung Epic 4G Touch on FF18 ICS - Latest - YouTube

then i installed CWM following this next video How to Install Clockworkmod on the Samsung Epic 4G Touch FF18 ICS - YouTube

everything working fine so far. did a backup in CWM. backup complete successfully.

so i wanted to use a rom from JB so after the backup still in CWM i installed the next file [Kernel][AOSP] Safe CWM6/TWRP - xda-developers . . .. I didn't wipe any data at all nor cache.

then rebooted the phone and started again in the CWM6 that i just installed and installed the JB rom and gapps from the next topic. http://forums.androidcentral.com/ep...2012-jellybro-euroskank-cm10-nightly-1-a.html this time before installing the rom and gapps i did erease data, swap and dalvik . then installed the rom and then the gapps. as instructions said in the topic.

now my phone dont boot in to android just in odin mode and CWM6.

what do you suggest me to do?

thanks for your time

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
so, I've been playing with my LoS issues, like most. I set up the tasker-los but it was no better, I have noticed though, the only los I'm getting is cell service. no data drop outs. also, the reason I think the tasker los didn't work for me is when I toggle airplane mode it has no effect on my los. the only way to make calls again is a reboot. The cell los also seems to be happening when going in and out of deep sleep.

EDIT:
ok after more testing, deep sleep is causing my cell LoS. data is fine.
only fix is re-boot.
also noticed when a call is made, data drops out and comes back after the call is finished.
If I try to call while experiencing LoS the call will not hang up. Toggling airplane mode or force quitting the phone app will kill the call and bring data service back on, however not cell phone service. that still requires a re-boot.

maybe if I keep the phone from going into deep sleep I'll have no more LoS issues, but I like my battery life right now. Also the fact that it drops data while a call is being made seems like something there may be a culprit for some of the LoS issues.

hope this helps.

Ummmmmmm 3G service goes off when you make a call on all ROMs including bone stock. 4G however will stay on during a call cause it uses a completely seperate radio.

Reactions: ahmadshawki

noriyori

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site

Ummmmmmm 3G service goes off when you make a call on all ROMs including bone stock. 4G however will stay on during a call cause it uses a completely seperate radio.

Ahhh, ok, maybe I never noticed it with past roms being mostly connected to 4G, but my new house only gets 4G in the front yard so I've been mostly on 3G.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I have to say DK...this is the best build yet. The only problems I am running into are a couple random reboots and texts don't come in all the time but I can receive calls...data has worked for me all day and I haven't had to connect to WiFi at all! :thumbup::cool:

Side note: the only settings changes I made is I set the CPU to max at 1000.

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

sosovoo

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

ok i finally got it to install! yay

did a full download restore of phone (I noticed cwm5 and 6 having a hard time to bring up menus in UI/lagging)

so i put the phone into download mode and odin el26, unrooted phone, installed cwm5, booted into recovery, installed chris41g 8/13 cwm6 deedadee, rebooted wiped data/cache/dalvik, installed rom, installed OP gapps, went to reboot, got SU menu and bam booted into rom.

diablo311

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site

You talking about Nightly 1 or the test rom Nightly 2?

dk u want me to give u the link to my port
i havent experienced any status 7 but the port is a mix of few 2 roms.....
everything works except rotation and i think wifi

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Dk it says set_perm: some changes failed.
Installation aborted
Error status 7
The ROM takes forever on the welcome screen just a sec...
Signing in.... this can take a few minutes is really long.

Sent from my K1 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Everything for me is working almost flawlessly. Its amazing the progress that the whole team has made, from the earliest alphas to now, an almost fully functioning ROM. And to think I was considering going back to stock ff18. Great work everyone!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Everything for me is working almost flawlessly. Its amazing the progress that the whole team has made, from the earliest alphas to now, an almost fully functioning ROM. And to think I was considering going back to stock ff18. Great work everyone!

Status 7 I'm afraid will keep another from being released... that is causing too many issues.

mattboy9921

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad the tasker_los.zip i put together is getting out there and helping some people. Still a pain though. And if course I'm not taking credit for it, just making it easier for people who can't figure out the b*tch that is Tasker. Has anybody had problems with it or has it been doing it's job?

im a bit confused on how to use it. i got tasker from the market but idk where to put the extracted files

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Status 7 I'm afraid will keep another from being released... that is causing too many issues.

I managed to get past that, but I agree with you. For an inexperienced user, it probably freaks them out, and they end up bricking. But even with status 7 it still works really well in my opinion. Thanks again for your hard work!

jce69

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site

ok i finally got it to install! yay

did a full download restore of phone (I noticed cwm5 and 6 having a hard time to bring up menus in UI/lagging)

so i put the phone into download mode and odin el26, unrooted phone, installed cwm5, booted into recovery, installed chris41g 8/13 cwm6 deedadee, rebooted wiped data/cache/dalvik, installed rom, installed OP gapps, went to reboot, got SU menu and bam booted into rom.

I tried what you did and Im still getting the same result.. Black Screen. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.