[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][PORT][08/13/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly 1]

Well mobile Odin works if you guys get terrible Los or something and are to scared (like me) to use cwm6 a lot. Loved jb but I couldn't get texts until I rebooted my phone then they'd pop up and I'd send and have to reboot to get the next, but that was my problem and everything installed well and had camera. Thank you dk for your hard work hopefully the kernel will be fixed soon because I did love it except for the texts:)

why not just use aokp milestone 6 with jellybean animations and google now, you get the stability of m6 with the snappy ness of jb without all the LOS and camera crap. google now (the mikey6 zip) works flawlessly, that is what I am doing until JB is straightened out. I am getting upwards of 23 hours battery time, The aokp rom I am using works with tegrak so it can be o/c and u/v.Just some thing to consider. Both flashable zips can be found on XDA and work on any ics based rom.:cool: I call it android 4.0.5

Last edited:
Reactions: NewWorldOrphan9

jbn

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site

I had the same result. The installation went flawless(Status 7, Installation aborted aside). Installed Gapps. Fixed SU prompt. Reboot.

Then the splash screen comes up and boots into a black screen.

Any ideas?

Ran into the same thing. What I had to do was flash Alpha 18, then reboot into recovery and re-do the OP's instructions and it worked. I tried using the CWM from Chris41g's but it also gave me the black screen so I'm not sure what the reason was but flashing Alpha 18 first worked.

explosivequack

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
why not just use aokp milestone 6 with jellybean animations and google now, you get the stability of m6 with the snappy ness of jb without all the LOS and camera crap. google now (the mikey6 zip) works flawlessly, that is what I am doing until JB is straightened out. I am getting upwards of 23 hours battery time, The aokp rom I am using works with tegrak so it can be o/c and u/v.Just some thing to consider. Both flashable zips can be found on XDA and work on any ics based rom.:cool: I call it android 4.0.5

Yup that's what I did, went back to aokp m6 will probably look for the jb animations in a bit

Last edited:

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

I would love to try AOKP, but I have a strict policy against flashing something that has extreme little girlness when restarting my phone. If you have AOKP, you know what I am talking about. The unicorn boot animation. How do I explain this to my family when I have to restart my phone and right after the Samsung Galaxy II logo, a giant unicorns head pops up? Who developed AOKP? A person that is an active poster on 4chans /b/ board? As much as some men may like having a boot animation that consists of a giant unicorn head, that just not something subject other people to.

Reactions: chew dz

neudof

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I would love to try AOKP, but I have a strict policy against flashing something that has extreme little girlness when restarting my phone. If you have AOKP, you know what I am talking about. The unicorn boot animation. How do I explain this to my family when I have to restart my phone and right after the Samsung Galaxy II logo, a giant unicorns head pops up? Who developed AOKP? A person that is an active poster on 4chans /b/ board? As much as some men may like having a boot animation that consists of a giant unicorn head, that just not something subject other people to.

Too bad nobody is smart enough to figure out how to change the boot animation...:(

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

Too bad nobody is smart enough to figure out how to change the boot animation...:(

I do know how to change the boot animation, but my point is why would a dev put a unicorn boot animation on a ROM that will used by mostly guys. I don't know about you, but I don't go around yelling "I want to ride a unicorn" or "I flashed this ROM that has this awesome unicorn boot animation". I have never heard of a guy liking unicorns... until I stumbled upon 4chan. I'm a 30 yo man who is 100% straight, not a prepubescent little girl. Plus I am unfamiliar with editing boot animations on the Epic 4G Touch. The developer could have easily chose a better boot animation for AOKP, but instead chose a unicorn.

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

In system setting/rom control/general/ you can disable boot animation. You can also use rom toolbox to install any animation of your choice;)

nothingblooms

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site

Was getting some random shutoffs last night, luckily I woke up and noticed otherwise I would be late for work today. Other then that no complaints. Doing the ultimate test of battery life today using it from 100% charged all day long and not charging til bed. Wish me luck lol.

plagaderock

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I do know how to change the boot animation, but my point is why would a dev put a unicorn boot animation on a ROM that will used by mostly guys. I don't know about you, but I don't go around yelling "I want to ride a unicorn" or "I flashed this ROM that has this awesome unicorn boot animation". I have never heard of a guy liking unicorns... until I stumbled upon 4chan. I'm a 30 yo man who is 100% straight, not a prepubescent little girl. Plus I am unfamiliar with editing boot animations on the Epic 4G Touch. The developer could have easily chose a better boot animation for AOKP, but instead chose a unicorn.

It's an extremely robust rom with some awesome developers. Kind of sad to let some homophobia ruin a good rom for you, but no one is making you. Just remember if there is a unicorn on your boot screen you loose about 10% straightness each time you reboot.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Just bustin his chops :D
I have to change the boot animation or my daughter constantly reboots my phone to see the unicorn!

Lol. Ya its really hard to explain the pink stuff to your spouse. I had a hell of a time trying to explain it to my wife :p

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

The ROM is great just turn off the boot ani and enjoy the awesomeness

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
42574157-5e85-111d.jpg

If anyone ever wondered how rainbows are made......be sure to thank the Unicorns :D

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

help android.process.media is draining my battery and keeping screen awake. How can I stop this from turning on.

comptonhubbard

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site

Can we put sound in the bootanimation on this ROM?? Im using the Galaxy S3 boot animation and would like to have the sound. How can I enable this or can I?

Status
Not open for further replies.