[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

5t33vy

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/14/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly 2]

i have been having some problems with the nightly2, as it apparently UNROOTS my phone.
please tell me if i am doing anything wrong ->
so i wiped data/cache/dalvik, flashed nightly 2, then gapps, and then the LoSD provided above.
went to superuser and clicked allow in the wrench thing as mentioned by dark_knight2. got it working, restored my apps using titanium.
i then rebooted my phone. after the boot animation a "updating software/firmware" notificaion popped up and then all of a sudden superuser is gone and the apps that require root access, no longer have the root access and hence dont work.

i went back to square one and did exactly as dark_knight2 wrote and it was to no avail. same result.

So can some one please tell me how to keep the root access on my phone?

thunderx2000

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

No LoS with the new kernel and FH13 Modem, but GPS is waaaaaay off. The Google Location services gave me an accuracy of 1300 meters, while actual GPS reception is non-existent.

Update: It also seems to go into airplane mode by itself.

Last edited:

boydefecto

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

i have been having some problems with the nightly2, as it apparently UNROOTS my phone.
so i wiped data/cache/dalvik, flashed nightly 2, then gapps, and then the LoSD provided above.
went to superuser and clicked allow in the wrench thing as mentioned by dark_knight2. got it working, restored my apps using titanium.
i then rebooted my phone. after the boot animation a "updating software/firmware" notificaion popped up and then all of a sudden superuser is gone and the apps that require root access, no longer have the root access and hence dont work.

i went back to square one and did exactly as dark_knight2 wrote and it was to no avail. same result.

There was a post by me a few pages back. Your not actually losing root access. Its a fault in superuser. You either download SUPERSU from the market or look for my post about the instructions for fixing the superuser app.

ahmadshawki

May 1, 2011
Visit site

What is the battery life like on this rom?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

It's really hard to say. Because everyone is flashing constantly, whether it's the new ROM, kernel or modem. But It's not horrible. It is midway. Here are screen shots from my first battery cycle after calibration. As you see, I didn't use the phone much and gave me a decent battery life. It says it slept like a baby but you can see the "Awake" bar under the battery graph which shows a lot of being awake.
The more important thing is LoS. There is a weird thing going on. Whenever it loses the signal, it goes directly to airplane mode. So, when you look at the "Cell Standby" you will find it at "0%" but if you look at the signal bar under the battery graph, you'll definitely find black parts. Still, it's not much but you have to keep checking your phone constantly.
Now, I'm not an expert and I can't understand the "BetterBatteryStats" but here are some screen shots from it. May be it will give you a brief idea about the battery life...

ahmadshawki

May 1, 2011
Visit site

There was a post by me a few pages back. Your not actually losing root access. Its a fault in superuser. You either download SUPERSU from the market or look for my post about the instructions for fixing the superuser app.

Yeah, I downloaded the SuperSU from the market. I worked just fine. It is free...

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Do not use titanium backup. Nothing good ever comes from it. Only restore apps and not data. That is where u went wrong

tbomb989

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting an error downloading anything from play store with the newest nightly and the new no-los kernel:" error retrieving information from server [RPC: AEC: 0]". Anyone ideas?

durango99

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

Can anyone tell me if there would be a reason not to flash a sprint modem to us cellular?

Check here:
FB14 Modem - Galaxy S II ROMs Q&A/Discussions - TeamUSCellular

Long story short, I wouldn't do it. Back when we were testing the Sprint FD02 modem with our USCC phones it seemed like things worked fine. However as it turned out speakerphone and bluetooth phone audio would no longer work. Then it became a challenge to get back to FB14 modem, which I did finally figure out here: FB14 Modem - Page 5 - Galaxy S II ROMs Q&A/Discussions - TeamUSCellular - Page 5

So you can try and see if the newer Sprint modems work and hopefully if things don't work out you can use the speakerphone fix as a backout plan :)

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Are the newest modems the best ones to use? Or is there any modem out there that is better than the rest?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

byte1

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site

is it possible 2 use the FH13 modem with DK's aokp milestone ICS ??? I am on ff18 now I would think I could but testing the waters first ya know :D

tardeaux

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site

Check here:
FB14 Modem - Galaxy S II ROMs Q&A/Discussions - TeamUSCellular

Long story short, I wouldn't do it. Back when we were testing the Sprint FD02 modem with our USCC phones it seemed like things worked fine. However as it turned out speakerphone and bluetooth phone audio would no longer work. Then it became a challenge to get back to FB14 modem, which I did finally figure out here: FB14 Modem - Page 5 - Galaxy S II ROMs Q&A/Discussions - TeamUSCellular - Page 5

So you can try and see if the newer Sprint modems work and hopefully if things don't work out you can use the speakerphone fix as a backout plan :)

I can confirm that the newer modems are no better on the R760. I use the USCC R760 on Verizon, so unfortunately I have to use the Sprint/Boost modems as the USCC modems (FB14 and FF18) revert the data login settings to uscell's parameters (min@uscc.net/meid@uscc.net). So I have to choose between speakerphone/bluetooth/decent volume levels or 3G :(

If anyone knows a workaround to prevent the uscc modems from rewriting the data settings upon boot, let me know...but QPST has not been strong enough to do the job :(

Reactions: durango99
Status
Not open for further replies.