[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/18/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly 3]

Some devices react differently to custom ROMs. Have you tried reinstalling the modem or wiping cache/dalvik?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
More specifically the kernel than the ROM. ROMs usually run about the same, its the kernel that has a different reaction on some devices.. Kernel devs find that "happy medium" and then from there its up to the end user to tweak things that little further if need be.

Off topic a sec...

Picking up or dropping off?omg I couldn't resist....sorry

If it was my kids, I'd be dropping them back off at home "the zoo" where they belong.. LOL

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
More specifically the kernel than the ROM. ROMs usually run about the same, its the kernel that has a different reaction on some devices.. Kernel devs find that "happy medium" and then from there its up to the end user to tweak things that little further if need be.

Off topic a sec...

If it was my kids, I'd be dropping them back off at home "the zoo" where they belong.. LOL

Yeah. But since sbrissen fixed the los supposedly I figured that might help. And "the zoo where they belong" lol. Hilarious.

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Soooo...how much is everyone enjoying jelly bean on their E4GT? I for one, love it! I'm running Sbrissens latest because it works.

For all who is wondering about los, DON'T! The new kernel is beast mode!

I've only ran into los once in 3 days and that's with driving to 4 different cities in a day.

I'm sure DKs build is just as stable!

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

Milenko

Banned
May 1, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. But since sbrissen fixed the los supposedly I figured that might help. And "the zoo where they belong" lol. Hilarious.

LoS Has been fixed in sbrissens code, Airplane Mode on the other hand is causing issues in CM10. So one of these bugs could still be in DK's port.

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

To flash the modem, do we just boot into recovery and install from SD card (after wiping cache/dalvik)? I've never flashed a modem before, so just wondering if my thinking is correct.

And is it safe to do from the recovery that comes with this ROM? I'm somewhat new to flashing ROMs and stuff, but I have a little experience.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
To flash the modem, do we just boot into recovery and install from SD card (after wiping cache/dalvik)? I've never flashed a modem before, so just wondering if my thinking is correct.

And is it safe to do from the recovery that comes with this ROM? I'm somewhat new to flashing ROMs and stuff, but I have a little experience.

Just flash the modem from the included recovery :)

Reactions: organizedConfusion

Dreammanifested

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Wow, i have just spent the last 10 minutes trying to find some helpful insight, and what do i see? Trolls who apparently can't read. Look if you don't want to flash DK's stuff don't. What is the point of trolling? You are not changing ANYONE'S opinion. Either enjoy the content or don't. Don't plague the thread with you BS.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ah, okay.

And if I may ask, why is the "recommended" modem not included with the ROM? And why is it recommended? I try to do as much research on this stuff as I can, and learning is never a bad thing :)

Modems are never included into roms. There always seperate. FH13 is the recommended modem cause users have nothing but good things to say about it. Thats all.

Reactions: organizedConfusion

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Modems are never included into roms. There always seperate. FH13 is the recommended modem cause users have nothing but good things to say about it. Thats all.

Oh I had no idea about that. :eek:

Alright, thanks for the help DK! Amazing port you've got here, been using since the Alpha stages :)

organizedConfusion

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm getting "Partition could not be found in file" when trying to Mobile Odin the Sbrissens_JB_Odin_Restore.tar file.

Is Sbrissens_CM10_JB_Kernel (included in OP) the same thing as the tar file but in .zip format and flashable through CWM5.0.2.7

surge919

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

I've had a few LoS today while driving around running jellybro-euroskank-20120817-epic4gtouch.

Since I was on a previous nightly build, I just wiped /cache and /data/dalvik-cache. (not /data)

The Tasker profile (No Mobile Data) seems to be catching it so the only way I know I have the LoS is to disable the profile.

I'll try wiping all.. reflash the modem and report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE