[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wulfeman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/18/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightly 3]

I can confirm screen rotation on US Cellular. I installed alpha 2 kernel like suggested.. still problem... installed alpha 1 screen rotation fine until i open an app then screen auto rotates. close app screen rotates back to the way its suppose to be. I noticed that when i was on the kernel that comes with the rom that its like its in tablet mode.??

wulfeman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Also as a side note yesterday i flashed the cm-10-20120817.1642-crespo4g rom from the [CM10][Jellybro] Crespo4G Nightly Kangs (because the uscc rom hadnt been ported yet... ichen to be on JB :) and i had the same exact problem with the screen rotation. So it may note be happening in the port thats going on here.

_Viper_

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
441883cf-fefc-347f.jpg

No charging overnight...but also very light usage.....a lot better than my previous flashes tho!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Xparent SkyBlue Tapatalk 2

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Also as a side note yesterday i flashed the cm-10-20120817.1642-crespo4g rom from the [CM10][Jellybro] Crespo4G Nightly Kangs (because the uscc rom hadnt been ported yet... ichen to be on JB :) and i had the same exact problem with the screen rotation. So it may note be happening in the port thats going on here.

nightly 3 was based on that nightly (8-17-12.1642) so it could have very well been the issue.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm screen rotation on US Cellular. I installed alpha 2 kernel like suggested.. still problem... installed alpha 1 screen rotation fine until i open an app then screen auto rotates. close app screen rotates back to the way its suppose to be. I noticed that when i was on the kernel that comes with the rom that its like its in tablet mode.??

and it is only happening to US Cell peeps and not sprint users. WTF?

wulfeman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

I thought maybe it was the build.prop that Ron427 mention.... thinking the phone was confused as to what it was. So i downloaded his edit build.prop... hmmmm.. borked the phone. Just hangs on black boot screen. Dont know what else to do.

allandavis

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

and it is only happening to US Cell peeps and not sprint users. WTF?

I'm on sprint and having issues with screen rotation. It will rotate but when you try to rotate back to 0 deg it won't work. You have to back out to the home screen to fix it.

_Viper_

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm on sprint and having issues with screen rotation. It will rotate but when you try to rotate back to 0 deg it won't work. You have to back out to the home screen to fix it.

I don't have these rotate issues, but was thinking it maybe the launcher being used. If you are using the trebuchet launcher...go into settings > Launcher > and check mark the auto rotation and see if that helps.

I know it seems like a remedial option to suggest...but it could solve some of the issues...even if only temporarily

Reactions: Dark_Knight2

js_summers

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't have these rotate issues, but was thinking it maybe the launcher being used. If you are using the trebuchet launcher...go into settings > Launcher > and check mark the auto rotation and see if that helps.

I know it seems like a remedial option to suggest...but it could solve some of the issues...even if only temporarily

For me this did not help. Also it would not go back to zero at all. It was stuck at 90 100% of the time, even on lock screen.

wulfeman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Flashed the new build for USCC that was uploaded today. Dont know if it was suppose to fix the rotation problems.. but for me it did not. Just a FYI. I use NOVA launcher and it has a "force portrait" which will force the home screen and app drawer to be in right rotation.. but alot of my apps will rotate when opened... some apps do this some do not. I know this isnt the fix but at least it makes the phone more usable.

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Flashed the new build for USCC that was uploaded today. Dont know if it was suppose to fix the rotation problems.. but for me it did not. Just a FYI. I use NOVA launcher and it has a "force portrait" which will force the home screen and app drawer to be in right rotation.. but alot of my apps will rotate when opened... some apps do this some do not. I know this isnt the fix but at least it makes the phone more usable.

the screen rotation issue is a confirmed bug on the latest euroskank nightly. No new nightlys have been released sense 08-17-2012 which is the one with the auto rotate issue.

DEF3NDER

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Might sound a little mean but to the USC users :p:p:p
Now you get to have some issues! Muahahahahaa

I'm sorry I didn't mean that...

-AOKP milestone 6 - FH13 Modem - 200dpi

Status
Not open for further replies.