[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbomb989

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/18/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightly 3]

Okay, I just managed to break my rotation by trying to calibrate under Advanced >> Sensors. As soon as I clicked that my phone no longer rotates EVER. Did anyone else who is having issues do this?

e92dream

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm on nightly 3 and the only issue I'm having is kinda LOS. I loose service but really what it says happened is that airplane mode is on. So i go to turn it off and sometimes it works and others it freezes the toggle and i have to reboot.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

tbomb989

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Okay, I just managed to break my rotation by trying to calibrate under Advanced >> Sensors. As soon as I clicked that my phone no longer rotates EVER. Did anyone else who is having issues do this?

Now to get the settings back to the original would I have to reinstall the ROM and wipe data as well, or should just wiping cache work?

wulfeman

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

Yeah i seem to of had the problem too. I started google maps and picked a destination and the screen rotated. Then from there it seemed to always rotate when it should. But im on the alpha 1 kernel USCC rom

js_summers

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah i seem to of had the problem too. I started google maps and picked a destination and the screen rotated. Then from there it seemed to always rotate when it should. But im on the alpha 1 kernel USCC rom

For me, kernel alpha 1 fixes the screen rotation. On other kernels I went through all the various settings and couldn't get it fixed... Another issue I had was no media volume, but again kernel alpha 1 fixed that. Man I sure am glad I never get Los on this kernel! ;-)

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

Very nice ROM - I flashed it last night and have had zero issues, but I haven't gone anywhere yet. GPS appears to work, no LOS, no rotation issues, MMS works, phone is super fast and smooth. I have only flashed 2 ROMs on this phone (weirded out by the EMMC bug), an older version of Blu Kuban, and now this, and I struggled with this.

So, I want to tell others how I flashed this. I ran into the problem that others did with a partition not found error from mobile odin, and a failure if I tried to ODIN "Sbrissens Kernel w/ ClockworkMod 6.0.1.0 Recovery". I found a work around that appears to work from a reportedly "safe" recovery. I can not verifiy that it is indeed "safe" but it worked on my phone, which based on the apps that tell you if your phone has the bug does indeed have it.

First, download the 3 things you need from the OP of this thread -
Sbrissens CM10 JB Kernel Flashable (From under the kernels section - not the one under instructions)
The JellyBro ROM
The latest gapps

Put all these apps on the internal SD of the phone.

Download this to your computer, it is a direct boot CWM package:
Cyanogenmod Epic Touch: Tools

Download ODIN, it is found here:
[GUIDE] Using ODIN to flash your Epic 4G Touch (windows only) - xda-developers

That thread also has instructions on using it.

Use ODIN to install the direct boot CWM, this erases your rom leaving CWM in its place with a EL29 kernal. To install it you just load the .TAR file by clicking the PDA button in ODIN and pressing start. This does increase the flash count in ODIN so you will have the yellow triangle when you boot.

After ODIN does its thing you will be booted into CWM. Use CWM to flash the new kernel, then continue the directions in the OP of this thread from step 3. If you are unfamiliar with CWM on this phone the enter key is the home button and the power button is back.

Good luck!

surge919

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/18/2012] Jellybro Euroskank CM10 [Nightly 3]

I've had a few LoS today while driving around running jellybro-euroskank-20120817-epic4gtouch.

Since I was on a previous nightly build, I just wiped /cache and /data/dalvik-cache. (not /data)

The Tasker profile (No Mobile Data) seems to be catching it so the only way I know I have the LoS is to disable the profile.

I'll try wiping all.. reflash the modem and report back.

Still receiving LoS :(

I wiped all.. and reflashed the modem.
At home, I was on Wifi and then ran out for a bit and while on the road I noticed I had no signal

I've included a screenshot of my About Phone/Settings... For those of you on Sprint without the LoS issue.. are your settings showing the same?

thx

Last edited:

Ron427

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

the screen rotation issue is a confirmed bug on the latest euroskank nightly. No new nightlys have been released sense 08-17-2012 which is the one with the auto rotate issue.

I'm on the Nightly 3 for USC and not having screen rotation issue. The screen issue I'm having is when closing the notification drawer it gets stuck at almost closed. Then I have to open/close it again and it's fine.

mcgleevn

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

interesting... im on uscc and I have no issues whatsoever: screen rotate works, no los, deep sleep, and mms works as well as play store.

I am on the build from last night too

tbomb989

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

After I calibrated on nightly 3 it got all wonky on me with rotation. Even after a wiping everything and reinstalling the ROM and GAPPS it still was wonky and didn't work like it had before I calibrated. I assume to get it back I have to go back to a stock ROM where the calibration is working and calibrate, then flash the nightly 3...

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
After I calibrated on nightly 3 it got all wonky on me with rotation. Even after a wiping everything and reinstalling the ROM and GAPPS it still was wonky and didn't work like it had before I calibrated. I assume to get it back I have to go back to a stock ROM where the calibration is working and calibrate, then flash the nightly 3...

ok so people are calibrating the screen rotation and that is what is causing problems for people.

Status
Not open for further replies.