[ROM][Sprint][JB][08/25/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightlies]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmadshawki

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][JB][08/21/2012] Jellybro CM10 [Nightly 4]

I have an irrelevant question to the ROM. Doesn't the account gets backed up automatic on the Google dashboard on AOSP ROMs?
I mean, it asks me if I want to backup my phone and then if I want to restore it on my account. But whatever I do, it never worked. They said, it is a problem with the TouchWiz-based ROMs, but I thought since we are using an AOSP ROM, we will have this privilege. My friend with the Nexus S has everything backed up. The system settings, the WiFi passwords and of course the Apps...

asd216

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
So I gave this a whirl and....wasn't for me. It felt choppy, like project butter wasn't even thought of yet lol (not attacking) I followed OP to a T. I guess I could have let the ROM "settle" but I don't really think code has to settle.

Maybe I'm just the unlucky one lol. And WiFi works perfect.

Sent from my EPIC 4G Touch!

lifehacker101

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
So I gave this a whirl and....wasn't for me. It felt choppy, like project butter wasn't even thought of yet lol (not attacking) I followed OP to a T. I guess I could have let the ROM "settle" but I don't really think code has to settle.

Hmmmm.... try reflashing. And did you factory reset or did you just flash over your previous ROM.

Edit: You might try wiping cache and dalvik cache as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site

Sorry it didnt work out.

DPtheKid

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site

one last thing, say if I want to go back to an ICS rom that's rooted what do I have to do? Thanks! or is the recovery included safe for me to just flash it?

Dark_Knight2

Banned
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have an irrelevant question to the ROM. Doesn't the account gets backed up automatic on the Google dashboard on AOSP ROMs?
I mean, it asks me if I want to backup my phone and then if I want to restore it on my account. But whatever I do, it never worked. They said, it is a problem with the TouchWiz-based ROMs, but I thought since we are using an AOSP ROM, we will have this privilege. My friend with the Nexus S has everything backed up. The system settings, the WiFi passwords and of course the Apps...

CM is not really AOSP. It is compiled using AOSP source but the CM team hack the hell out of it. Some stuff is removed and some new features added. With that said you are comparing pure AOSP Nexus Device to a hacked out ET4G running CM10. Make sense?

Reactions: ahmadshawki

Lee7144

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

Would it be better to go back to el26 then flash Sbrissens_JB_Odin_Restore.tar in mobile odin then flash nighly 4 itself, etc?

jagan_indian9

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
On Nightly 4 test build shared earlier with JB 07/26 from Goo.im and CM10. Pretty smooth and no issues till now.

I am on the kernel that comes with the ROM and FH13 modem.

Will have to test the battery with my bluetooth headphones on for the next 2 hrs.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

studdmufin

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had any airplane mode so far. Did notice that if you have 4G on and turn on WiFi that 4G stays on and causes wake lock

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Agreed that it's off topic, but the restore worked once for me on a new ROM, but only once. I'd like to know how this works too.

ahmadshawki

May 1, 2011
Visit site

How would I go about returning to AOKP or an TW ICS ROM?

I did that a couple of times and according to my experience, you have two options:
1. Flash directly from the CWM included in the JB ROM. I did it and the kernel is replaced with the one in AOKP.
2. Flash a safe recovery like AGAT ( the most one I used) and then reboot into recovery. Then flash whatever you want. (Also tried that a couple of times and worked like a charm).

Hope this helps...

Reactions: DPtheKid

studdmufin

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Also I noticed a new setting I haven't seen before. WiFi idle timeout time it is set for 15 min but it is grayed out and I can't change it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz