So I got the phone last Wed and have tried LoSTKernal, and with that I would get LOS all the time and it would reboot after sometimes. Also Wifi and 4g would sit at obtaining ip address forever and sometimes not connect. I then put 2.6.357_ZedomaxEpicTouchStockv1 on. Now everything works great except I constantly get LOS and also the battery sucks. I'm sitting at 67 percent right now and it was at 100 four hours and 13mins ago, and 70% of use is just cell standby and 12% was android os. I haven't really used it at all during that time.

Any suggestions? I am thinking of going back to totally stock to see how things function, since I didn't spend much time on that and see how it works then. I love the phone but won't be able to keep it if I can't at least get as good of battery life as my EVO had and also the LOS all the time.

When its sitting on LOS and idle, does that take up battery? Is that a possible cause of the terrible battery life?

Also random question about CMR, when I was first using it the power button worked as the select, but not it doesn't, and I have found the home button works to confirm a select, is this normal?
    11-06-2011 01:44 PM
    Its all screwed up right now. Just Wipe everything, and revert back to stock. I have had NO LOS or battery issues, but with alternative roms and kernels, my phone is just so buggy and screwed up.

If you want to have root, you can do that by odin-ing the Clockwork mod kernel after restoring stock, installing Superuser through CWM, and then odining back the stock kernel.
    jfrex likes this.
    11-06-2011 02:42 PM
    I recommend trying Calkulin's ET4G rom before going back to stock. It solved several of my problems including LoS. It comes with a zip that wipes your phone so you don't have to need to do this with CWM. His rom also includes the LoS kernel. I installed the LoS kernel by itself before flashing Calkulin's rom and it didn't make a difference. However, everything is working great since I flashed Calkulin's Rom (knock wood).
    11-06-2011 09:39 PM
    I recommend trying Calkulin's ET4G rom before going back to stock. It solved several of my problems including LoS. It comes with a zip that wipes your phone so you don't have to need to do this with CWM. His rom also includes the LoS kernel. I installed the LoS kernel by itself before flashing Calkulin's rom and it didn't make a difference. However, everything is working great since I flashed Calkulin's Rom (knock wood).
    +1. Calkulin's Rom is running great for me as well. Couldn't be happier.
    11-06-2011 10:16 PM
    Yes, it was an issue with me just flashing the kernal's without any ROM I believe. I installed StrongSteve's odexed ICS theme ROM and everything has been working great. My battery isn't exactly stellar (so far it seems about what I was getting on the EVO 4G), but then again I may be using the phone more since it is new than I was the 4G, so time will tell on the battery. I may switch to Calkulin's ROM and see if I get better battery if I keep seeing not the greatest battery, but otherwise I'm really happy. I'm loving the phone, and really liked stock, and even thought the ROM I have now is themed is is very understated and very close to stock, and the changes made I like.
    11-08-2011 02:20 PM
    +1. Calkulin's Rom is running great for me as well. Couldn't be happier.
    I'll second that.
    11-09-2011 10:55 AM
    This phone is just shamefully garbage just as every other Samsung product that has hit the market. Samsung can't make a quality product because its to busy trying to be the market copier instead of the market leader in quality and customer service.
    11-15-2011 12:36 AM
    This phone is just shamefully garbage just as every other Samsung product that has hit the market. Samsung can't make a quality product because its to busy trying to be the market copier instead of the market leader in quality and customer service.
    Ive reported your post.
    This isn't fist time you've posted the exact same nonsense...more like the 50th time.
    You make Android Central ET4G forum look like dirt.
    11-15-2011 10:24 AM
    And how is this post helping the OP? I understand your not happy with Samsung and your phone but please try to stay on topic.
    TheMacs, Slingbox and JayWill like this.
    11-15-2011 10:25 AM
    And how is this post helping the OP? I understand your not happy with Samsung and your phone but please try to stay on topic.
    THANK YOU!

Tublecane - try recalibrating your battery after adding ROM/kernal. I had major discrepancies until I stumbled on that advice. Tried it and things seem to be better. Nice name by the way - a metalworker are you?
    11-15-2011 10:35 AM
    Yes you should calibrate your battery if you haven't already. Download Battery Calibration from the market and follow the instructions on the app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-15-2011 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD