Hey all
    What's the best kernel to use for rooting on the ET4G?
    I've used LoST kernel and I've had problems with it (wifi not working, superuser app crashing etc).
    I'm wondering what you all use. What's the best?
    Thanks!
    11-09-2011 06:33 PM
    Well, that's a bit subjective. Best for one person may not be best for another. However, if you're not on the latest Experimental LoStKernel (version 1.0.0.8), I would suggest you flash it. I've been running it for over a week now and it's been the best version of the kernel on my phone yet. I've had no issues at all on it, including no LOS. Other than that, I would simply use the stock pulled EG30 kernel.

Links:

Stock pulled: [KERNEL][ODIN] Stock Pulled Repacked with CWM5

Latest Exp LoStKernel: chris41g.devphone.org
    11-09-2011 06:59 PM
    Well, that's a bit subjective. Best for one person may not be best for another. However, if you're not on the latest Experimental LoStKernel (version 1.0.0.8), I would suggest you flash it. I've been running it for over a week now and it's been the best version of the kernel on my phone yet. I've had no issues at all on it, including no LOS. Other than that, I would simply use the stock pulled EG30 kernel.

Links:

Stock pulled: [KERNEL][ODIN] Stock Pulled Repacked with CWM5

Latest Exp LoStKernel: chris41g.devphone.org
    I have to agree with JayWill. No issues using the LoSt Exp kernel for me either. Haven't gotten LOS yet (crossing my fingers)
    11-09-2011 09:37 PM
    Does LOS have to do with 3g as well or only phone based signal? Does it improve 3g speeds/performance? Is there a way to improve/speed up 3g performance?
    11-10-2011 07:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD