[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v1.1 [ EG30 l Fast l Tweaked l Bat

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source/Link: [ ROM / 11-9 ] Calkulin's E4GT v1.1 [ EG30 l Fast l Tweaked l Battery Saver Script ]
Credit: Calkulin/xda developers

Note: Android Central or I take no claim to this, just simply passing it along for you. Feel free to openly discuss anything with this ROM here, but for direct dev support I would recommend the source/link.

Feature List

Based on rooted 2.3.4 / EG30

ROM includes:
LoSt Exp+ kernel
Most Samsung apps
EStrongs File Explorer
HTC_IME mod keyboard
Wireless Tether
Busybox
and a couple more
(Removed apps are in the sdcard/Removed_Apps folder)

MODs included:
Tweaked system(Very FAST)
Kernel is undervolted by 50mV(Check the FAQ for different voltages)
Necrosan's Hotspot Hack to unlock Sprint Hotspot & USB tethering
Moved dalvik-cache to cache partition
Reduced auto-brightness range for better battery life
Removed haptic feedback from dialer & stock Android lockscreen(if you decide to use it)
Notification bar will display TRUE network speeds, 2G(1x when used) & 3G(EVDO)
Reboot & Recovery power menu options
Swapped phone & message buttons in dialer
TouchWiz launcher displays 5 dock icons & 5x5 app drawer
Browser UA string selection
Removed CIQ service
Removed Camera sounds
Removed messaging from call logs
Colored notification icons
Battery % on battery meter
Transparent notification background
Removed USB Debug notification
Upped MMS send size limit to 5MB
Annoying ads in programs are blocked
And other misc tweaks/mods

System has also been de-odex'd, apk's have been optimized & aligned

Notes about Battery Saver script

Can be used with stock or custom kernels that have init.d support

It completely eliminates the need for an application to set CPU speeds or profiles
Easily customizable if you use a text editor(scripts located in /system/etc/init.d)
It will set Max CPU speed to 500MHz & Min CPU speed to 200MHz when a sleep
If SetCPU, Overclock Widget, Android Overclock or QuickClock Advanced Overclock are detected, the script is ignored, so it will not affect them

Preset profiles are:
1.2GHz - 100-85%
1.0GHz - 84-36%
800MHz - 35-0%

And just an FYI, even at 800MHz, the phone still operates very well & smooth but the battery saving are the real benefit

v1.1
Fixed browser & other minor issues introduced in v1.0*
Fixed missing apps from Market
Fixed some apps/games not launching
Tweaked Conservative governor settings

Added
Necrosan's Hotspot hack(modded to fix browser scrolling)
App Widget Picker v1.2.3
Detection of Android Overclock & QuickClock Advanced Overclock to scaling script

Updated
Adobe Flash Player v11.0.1.153

fataldesain

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
This rom rocks but it is the first and only one I have tried, I put the ICS theme on it and it looks freakin sick. But battery life improved so far and it is really really fast. I love the ICS theme so much.

Only issue is keyboard keeps resetting to swype. Would post in xda but I'm new to android and don't have enough posts.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
This rom rocks but it is the first and only one I have tried, I put the ICS theme on it and it looks freakin sick. But battery life improved so far and it is really really fast. I love the ICS theme so much.

Only issue is keyboard keeps resetting to swype. Would post in xda but I'm new to android and don't have enough posts.

I am running the same set up. I dont use the HTC keyboard but I am curious as to what step you are taking to switch keyboards, ie long press > select input or are you going into settings>local and input> then unchecking all except the HTC keyboard?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
FYI a new kernel just hit XDA tonight that includes mods to CWM off the 5.0.2.6 base along with other tweaks. It sounds like with Calkulin's ROM and this kernel things will just fly. A couple of people are already reporting 5,000+ Quadrant scores. I know how many people feel about benchmarks, but since stock comes in a bit over 3,000, I thought it was pretty impressive.

Anyhoo, eat it up if yer hungry. :)

[KERNEL/RECOVERY] Rogue v1.1.1 "Renegade" (New 11/10/11) - xda-developers

fataldesain

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I am running the same set up. I dont use the HTC keyboard but I am curious as to what step you are taking to switch keyboards, ie long press > select input or are you going into settings>local and input> then unchecking all except the HTC keyboard?

Yeah i dont know what you mean by uncheck all i can just select the one i want. the leyboard i want is the samsung gb one. once i choose it a few hours later swype is back

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Fyi here are some battery life shots running this ROM. Auto brightness. Wifi, gps, bluetooth on all day. Use includes about an hour of streaming an audiobook file via bluetooth and a half hour of Google music streaming.

Not bad.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Fyi here are some battery life shots running this ROM. Auto brightness. Wifi, gps, bluetooth on all day. Use includes about an hour of streaming an audiobook file via bluetooth and a half hour of Google music streaming.

Not bad.

Which kernel are you using?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
What steps did you take prior to the boot loop?

Wiped catch partition , Battery stats & dalvik then flashed rom.
Rom Installed then I rebooted to find loop boot to be end result.
After 5 min of that I pulled battery went back & wiped partition , batt dalvik again getting same boot loop result.

grrr what a mess

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure you gotta wipe data too Sling. The format all ZIP Calk made takes care of all that.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
@Jay
Nope what the heck is that & were do I get it lol
I'm safe for now just restored backup.

It's attached to the bottom of Calk's XDA thread. Download that, move it to your SD card and install it before you install his ROM.

You have to wipe data and probably format /system to get this ROM to install correctly. Calk's ZIP utility makes that easy. But be aware yer gonna lose sms threads (unless you back them up), App data and other system settings. Also, people reported issues restoring Apps and App data using TB. So I used Appbak to re-download and re-install MOST of my Apps, and used TB to only restore a few Apps that I really wanted the data for.

Edit - Hey I broke 1,000 posts today ... since June 2011 lol. Ugh I'm on these forums a lot.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
It's attached to the bottom of Calk's XDA thread. Download that, move it to your SD card and install it before you install his ROM.

You have to wipe data and probably format /system to get this ROM to install correctly. Calk's ZIP utility makes that easy. But be aware yer gonna lose sms threads (unless you back them up), App data and other system settings. Also, people reported issues restoring Apps and App data using TB. So I used Appbak to re-download and re-install MOST of my Apps, and used TB to only restore a few Apps that I really wanted the data for.

Edit - Hey I broke 1,000 posts today ... since June 2011 lol. Ugh I'm on these forums a lot.
hehe helping me in support session that will never be forgotten.

Ok giving it another install now

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Ok install went flawless everything looks good.

Just to be safe question enough surprises for me today :)
I'm going to flash chris kernel , Should I wipe data etc again before doing so?

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok install went flawless everything looks good.

Just to be safe question enough surprises for me today :)
I'm going to flash chris kernel , Should I wipe data etc again before doing so?

No need to do any wipes when flashing a kernel, maybe a back up just in case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar