[ ROM ] Calkulin's E4GT v1.1 [ EG30 l Fast l Tweaked l Bat

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No need to do any wipes when flashing a kernel, maybe a back up just in case

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Yeah not data for sure, but I usually wipe cache and dalvik cache for good measure. In fact, I do that before I flash ANYTHING in CWM. Force of habit I guess.

Grats on the successful install Sling. I was absolutely happy to help. It's going to take a few charge cycles for your battery to settle in, but after just one charge cycle, I've found Calk's battery script to really do a nice job. I had to PUSH my phone hard to drain the battery last night (I was re-calibrating the battery stats so I wanted to drain it). No real slowdowns with the auto undervolting either. Good stuff.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah not data for sure, but I usually wipe cache and dalvik cache for good measure. In fact, I do that before I flash ANYTHING in CWM. Force of habit I guess.

Grats on the successful install Sling. I was absolutely happy to help. It's going to take a few charge cycles for your battery to settle in, but after just one charge cycle, I've found Calk's battery script to really do a nice job. I had to PUSH my phone hard to drain the battery last night (I was re-calibrating the battery stats so I wanted to drain it). No real slowdowns with the auto undervolting either. Good stuff.
Thanks I was holding back in fear as you know just had to be done couldn't take it anymore lol
Yeah this rom is lighting f,sure can believe how fast it responds pretty amazing stuff.
Calkulin gets my vote for Prez

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh one more thing about this ROM. Calk didn't set the default wifi setting to "never sleep" in v1.1, so you'll want to make sure you do that manually if you haven't already. It may be a good idea to go though all of your system settings actually and make sure everything is set to your liking.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Well I'm pretty happy with sleep results

Device Settings:
Display 50%
GPS enabled
3G data

Full charge 10hr & 30 min on battery
Total of 19 minutes screen on checking email , Sent a couple screen shots in emails , Some Gtalk , Screen shots ,Open weather apps ,adjusting settings etc.
Action While device was sleeping -
2 FancyWidget GPS updates.
3 WeatherBug Elite GPS updates.
A couple tapatalk thread alerts & emails received LED blinking for 9 Hr

Last edited:

Rikeroleg

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the ROM, everything went ok.. but the phone got stock at booting where it says SAMSUNG GALAXY S2.. and that yellow triangle that I haven't manage to get rid of...
Please help.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I flashed the ROM, everything went ok.. but the phone got stock at booting where it says SAMSUNG GALAXY S2.. and that yellow triangle that I haven't manage to get rid of...
Please help.

Did you install the Wipeall ZIP first? You have to wipe system, data, cache and dalvik before installing the ROM. The wipe zip Calk wrote does that for you but you have to install it in CWM first.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
A full system TAR file just made its way to XDA tonight that looks to contain an updated ROM and kernel. Calkulin is already breaking it down, and I get the feeling he'll update his ROM to this new base very soon.

This is the first full system (ROM, modem, kernel, PIT file...all the goodies) file from Samsung, and it's different from what was loaded on our phones so it's pretty exciting.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
FYI Calk already has an update out off the new base. v1.5 His first upload was corrupt so he's re-uploading now and it should be available for download soon. He also made a statement in the description that I think eludes to the EG31 modem fixing LOS issues, but I'd guess it's still too early to tell for sure.

Edit - LOS had been reported on the EG31 modem. Booo.

Last edited:

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
FYI Calk already has an update out off the new base. v1.5 His first upload was corrupt so he's re-uploading now and it should be available for download soon. He also made a statement in the description that I think eludes to the EG31 modem fixing LOS issues, but I'd guess it's still too early to tell for sure.

Edit - LOS had been reported on the EG31 modem. Booo.
Installed whats seen in my signature yesterday everything running fantastic no complaints its a keeper.
Signals strong like always , Data is a tad faster and Wifi much improved = to past EVO

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Installed whats seen in my signature yesterday everything running fantastic no complaints its a keeper.
Signals strong like always , Data is a tad faster and Wifi much improved = to past EVO

Yeah I'm on the same setup as you except I'm staying with the EG30 modem for now.

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I'm on the same setup as you except I'm staying with the EG30 modem for now.
Great setup f,sure but the EG31 modem is an oddball of sorts.
It performing great for me thus far yet many are having LOS with it worse then EG30.

I'm a fan of Samsung but things just don't add up,
They release source that's not true claiming it to be
3 modems:
EG15< reported to be the worse.
EG30< Stock out of the box many users having LOS issue
EG31< appears to provide lots of LOS more then EG30 for many
OP that dropped EG31 works for Sprint said tar was emailed to employees in his department.
The tar is a day newer then stock.
Samsung denies there being issue.
Sprints has no comment.

Odd stuff man

Last edited:

Saear

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
ROM flashed and worked great except horrible battery life. I didn't notice at first as I had been jumping from my charger at home to my charger at work. I took my phone fresh off the charger the other day at 100% battery into the other room while I was waiting for a call that never happened. I forgot my phone and left it in the room overnight. The next day the phone shut off due to low battery. I got into the battery screen and wrote down the result as I forgot how to take screen shots.

13h30m
cell stand by
95%
phone idle
3%
android OS
2%

I reflashed the stock ROM and now only use about 0.5% an hour on idle. Anyone else having this problem?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
ROM flashed and worked great except horrible battery life. I didn't notice at first as I had been jumping from my charger at home to my charger at work. I took my phone fresh off the charger the other day at 100% battery into the other room while I was waiting for a call that never happened. I forgot my phone and left it in the room overnight. The next day the phone shut off due to low battery. I got into the battery screen and wrote down the result as I forgot how to take screen shots.

13h30m
cell stand by
95%
phone idle
3%
android OS
2%

I reflashed the stock ROM and now only use about 0.5% an hour on idle. Anyone else having this problem?

Odd. I haven't experienced high idle drain at all on this ROM. I average under 1% per hour when the phone is asleep. It must be something in your setup that the ROM didn't like, hard to say though.

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

13h30m
cell stand by
95%
phone idle
3%
android OS
2%

Your cell standby is 95% you're either in an area with no reception or you have LoS. I suggest a stock repacked kernel. If it doesn't show the circle with the cross then it is prolly ghost LoS.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Your cell standby is 95% you're either in an area with no reception or you have LoS. I suggest a stock repacked kernel. If it doesn't show the circle with the cross then it is prolly ghost LoS.

Is he on 2.0 or 1.5? Because 2.0 is based off of EK02 and isn't that build supposed to help with LoS?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is he on 2.0 or 1.5? Because 2.0 is based off of EK02 and isn't that build supposed to help with LoS?

The ROM base really has nothing to do with LOS. It's all about the kernel and modem. But yes, the EK02 modem and EK02 stock kernel has seemed to kill the LOS problem. When the update drops, hopefully Samsung releases some decent EK02 kernel source code so the kernel devs can finally work their magic without being plagued by the LOS bug. chris41g and SteadyHawkin will probably have some tasty kernel treats for us once the source code is available.

benthe1

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm having battery drain issues as well. When I was on stock I would have about 30% battery life left at the end of the day. It's about 2pm now and I'm at 30% already with moderate use. I was on the EK02 build. Hopefully a fix is in the works.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss