[ROM]StarBurst ROM[10/30/11] [v1.9.5]

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Source/Link: [ROM]StarBurst ROM[10/30/11] [v1.9.5]
Credit: PhantomHacker/xda developers

Note: Android Central or I take no claim to this, just simply passing it along for you. Feel free to openly discuss anything with this ROM here, but for direct dev support I would recommend the source/link.

Feature List

Chris41g's LoStKernel
Rooted
Deodexed
Zipaligned
Debloated
Png Optimized
CRT Screen OFF Animation
Overscroll glow
Adfree Hosts (No more ads)
Battery Percentage Mod
Custom Boot Animation
Boot Sound Removed
init.d scripts support
SD Card speed tweak
Zipalign on boot
RAM Script/Tweaks
Build.prop tweaks
CIQ Removed- thanks to k0nane
Modded Camera- Use Volume keys to take picture
UA Browser MOD (Change UA string under browser settings) - thanks to nobrakes
LockMod Added thanks to crawlj and maddoggin
Wifi HotSpot Hack Added thanks to Necrosan
Advanced UI Menu (Settings) thanks to crawlj and maddoggin
Reboot Option
FrameTweaks
Removed DRM Processes (Should Lower Android System Usage)
SIP Enabled (VoIP 3G and WiFi)
Modified Auto-Brightness To Conserve Battery
Added ICS Wallpaper as default
Themed
===============

What's coming next?
===============
Further Themed
Tweaks/Optimizations/Mods
Extended Toggles
Fix Lockscreen Delay

Reactions: dtm_stretch

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to install this ROM without it changing your kernel?

No. Installing the ROM with flash your kernel as well. However, you can flash the stock pulled kernel over LoStKernel after you install the ROM if you want.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

bschinkel

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
The reason I ask is because I installed the exp LoSTKernel and everything is working great. I want to flash a new ROM to continue to speed up my phone and get rid of the bloatware that Sprint puts on. Could I reflash the exp LoSTKernel after I put Starburst on?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
The reason I ask is because I installed the exp LoSTKernel and everything is working great. I want to flash a new ROM to continue to speed up my phone and get rid of the bloatware that Sprint puts on. Could I reflash the exp LoSTKernel after I put Starburst on?

Starburst is already packaged with chris41g's LoStKernel. However, it may not be the latest version. But to answer your question, yes you can flash the latest LoStKernel after you install Starburst. I've been running the latest experiemental version 1.0.0.8 for a bit now and it's the best version of the kernel yet. Chris used some code from another dev that thinks he nailed LOS, and so far it seems to be working.

Here is the thread that discusses some of the kernel config that was put into 1.0.0.8:

[PATCH] As-close-to-stock-as-possible kernel defconfig - xda-developers

dtm_stretch

Awesome Possum
Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man!

In case you don't want to have to flash multiple things when you flash a new rom, you can use 7zip to switch out the kernel

1.Open up the rom zip using 7zip
2. Delete zimage
3. Open up flashable kernel zip
4. Copy zimage
5.Paste in rom zip where previous zimage was
6. Close zip and copy to sdcard
7. back up and flash rom.

These steps also work for themes compatible with your rom. Instead of zimage you are replacing framework.jar and other similar files and putting them in there associated folders. As long as the theme and rom are compatible then you should have no worries.

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
I moved revised_stable_epic_starburst_11.13.11_v1.9.8.zip onto my scd card but cannot install it. When I chose install a zip file from my sd card it is not found.

Am I doing something wrong?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I moved revised_stable_epic_starburst_11.13.11_v1.9.8.zip onto my scd card but cannot install it. When I chose install a zip file from my sd card it is not found.

Am I doing something wrong?

There are two options in CWM. "Install ZIP from SD" and "Install ZIP from external SD" (or something close to that). "SD" is your phone's internal memory (internal SD card) and "external SD" is .. well .. just that. It sounds like your selecting the option internal sd but the file is on your external sd card.

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
I only see the first option "Install ZIP from SD card"

Also, when I boot into recovery I get this message series:
Installing package
Finding update package
Opening Update package
Verifying update package
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed
Installation aborted
E: failed to mount /sdcard (Unknown error: 0)

allan473

Mar 5, 2011
www.nebirds.com
I used odin to root following this procedure.
How to Root Epic 4G Touch! | Epic 4G Touch Root

That worked as I had superuser.
I moved the zip file to my sd car. Rebooted into recovery - did a system and cache wipe and then tried to install the zip.

When you ask me what version I assume you mean what version of clockworkMod recovery? I have version 5.0.2.7 which I think is the latest.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so when you choose Install from SD card, you can find the ZIP file, but when you try to install it you get the above message string? Assuming this, you either have a bad file (went bad on download or transfer to your SD) or something is wrong with your recovery. I'd re-download the ROM zip, transfer it over and try again. If that doesn't work you may want to try re-flashing the kernel in Odin. However, I would recommend this one for now ...

chris41g.devphone.org

You want the 1.0.0.8 tar.md5 kernel file at the bottom to flash in Odin.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech