02-09-2012 03:14 PM
189 12345 ...
tools
    It works for me. Which method are you using to install the drivers?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    I just double click and use all the default install location. Didn't see any other options.
    11-17-2011 09:33 AM
    I just double click and use all the default install location. Didn't see any other options.
    I just edited my post, have you tried installing samsung kies? it will install the appropriate drivers during install.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-17-2011 09:44 AM
    Team Rogue just released their stock pulled kernel with their modified CWM and init.d support. I'm gonna give it a try tonight... Flash right over LoStKernel.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk
    Ha a couple hours after reading your post last night I was a keyboard click a way from loading it up then decided not.
    45 min later device was flipping into roam - 1x for 30 min then LOS kicked in.
    Performance issue was caused by tower but if I would of loaded kernel it would of been at fault because I wouldn't of bothered checking service outages

Oh and what a relief seeing that circle line icon , I'm now a part of the hate Samsung gang & Dg is my leader lol
    11-17-2011 10:12 AM
    I added the direct link to the full Samsung Kies in Reference Section A1.

FULL Samsung Kies
    dtm_stretch and sincityk9 like this.
    11-17-2011 10:24 AM
    Performance issue was caused by tower but if I would of loaded kernel it would of been at fault because I wouldn't of bothered checking service outages
    Good thing you didn't install something like Angry Birds right before the tower problems I can see the responses at XDA that Angry Birds causes LoS.
    11-17-2011 10:30 AM
    Good thing you didn't install something like Angry Birds right before the tower problems I can see the responses at XDA that Angry Birds causes LoS.
    That could of been it ,
    hmm I will check with dg lol
    11-17-2011 10:48 AM
    Oh and what a relief seeing that circle line icon , I'm now a part of the hate Samsung gang & Dg is my leader lol
    LOL! You broke your cherry!

Edit - I re-read your post and saw that you did have to toggle roaming off and back on to gain a signal again.

Oh by the way ... I flashed Team Rogue's stock kernel last night. So far so good!
    11-17-2011 11:59 AM
    LOL! You broke your cherry! Well, maybe not ...

If I remember reading your description of this in another thread, your phone recovered on its own. I.E. you did not need to reboot to regain a signal. To me, this is not LOS, but a good old fashioned service outage. Real LOS is where signal drops out permanently, and your battery burns down (as your phone furiously tries to re-establish service and sync data services) with the phone in your pocket or on your nightstand until you notice it and reboot.

Oh by the way ... I flashed Team Rogue's stock kernel last night. So far so good!
    Well look don't take away my one and only LOS since owning device lol.
    It was real I know it was it just was and its evil Samsungs fault!
    But on a serious note,
    I want to be able to load custom boot animations so I'm going to give that kernel a go this weekend.

Update:
    Your post Edit gave me back my first official LOS thanks lol
    11-17-2011 12:25 PM
    Well look don't take away my one and only LOS since owning device lol.
    It was real I know it was it just was and its evil Samsungs fault!
    But on a serious note,
    I want to be able to load custom boot animations so I'm going to give that kernel a go this weekend
    Yeah I just edited my post after re-reading your post in the other thread. Credit where credit is due bro! Bask in the glory of LOS!

And yeah, custom boot animation was probably the only thing holding me back from flashing stock-pulled. With Rogue's stock kernel, it's the best of both worlds. I never overclock anyways, so I can certainly make do without a custom kernel until the LOS thing gets resolved, not that LOS troubled me much anyways
    11-17-2011 12:30 PM
    With Rogue's stock kernel, it's the best of both worlds. I never overclock anyways, so I can certainly make do without a custom kernel until the LOS thing gets resolved, not that LOS troubled me much anyways
    Best of 2.5 worlds. Stock kernel supports overclocking through Tegrak.
    11-17-2011 01:22 PM
    Best of 2.5 worlds. Stock kernel supports overclocking through Tegrak.
    Yeah hehe. I thought about that after I hit the submit button. It probably would have been more appropriate to use other tweaks in the kernel as a reason, but honestly, I don't even know what those are.
    11-17-2011 02:03 PM
    Yeah hehe. I thought about that after I hit the submit button. It probably would have been more appropriate to use other tweaks in the kernel as a reason, but honestly, I don't even know what those are.
    No clash with Calks Battery Saver script ?
    11-17-2011 02:11 PM
    Yes I turned it on. It appears that the Samsung drivers are not working with my PC correctly.

**update someone on the Samsung tech forums. "The tech told me that it wouldn't work on Win7 x64 (she said Win7 32-bit is supported)"
    Anyone get this working on Win 7 x64?
    I helped someone on xda figure out what there problem was. The UPST settings were configured for Diagnostic mode only thus the phone wasn't being recognized as an Android device.

Anyway, I wrote up a debugging checklist (Reference Section E3)
    Why is the install stuck waiting for device to be connected?

Your phone isn't being recognized by your PC as an Android device.

When the drivers are installed and the phone is properly recognized, you should see the following in start->run->devmgmt.msc

Code:
    Android Phone
      SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface

Modem
      SAMSUNG Mobile USB Modem
    Until you get the SAMSUNG Android ADB Interface to show up, neither ADB nor this script will work.

Here is a debugging checklist:
    1) dial ##UPST# (##8778#) in the dialer and verify AP (or ALL) is checked (if CP is checked, phone won't be recognized as an Android device)
    2) restart the ADB server (choose Option G to stop the server, it'll get started automatically by the script)
    3) verify USB Debugging is ENABLED
    4) verify USB drivers are installed
    5) try a different usb cable
    11-17-2011 02:12 PM
    No clash with Calks Battery Saver script ?
    None yet Sling. At least none that would jump out at you. Although, I take it on faith that the script is actually working. I'm sure there's a way to test to see if the phone is being underclocked at certain battery levels but I don't exactly know of one.
    11-17-2011 03:30 PM
    Hello, This is my first time rooting. I followed the steps exactly and I believe I achieved root. I now have superuser installed. But what do I do next? I have no idea how to install CWM5. I am trying to follow reference C but I don't understand what it means. I need a little guidance on this part. Please anyone? Thanks!!!
    11-17-2011 04:28 PM
    Hello, This is my first time rooting. I followed the steps exactly and I believe I achieved root. I now have superuser installed. But what do I do next? I have no idea how to install CWM5. I am trying to follow reference C but I don't understand what it means. I need a little guidance on this part. Please anyone? Thanks!!!
    Just start RUNFIRST again, then choose Option C.

Reference Section C just explains what you are installing.
    11-17-2011 05:25 PM
    Looking at RUNSTART program, is it easy to unroot? Any problems with doing it? I have a replacement phone coming from Sprint in a few days and might try it till it gets here. Then unroot before I swap it with Sprint.
    11-17-2011 11:02 PM
    It is actually RUNFIRST (not RUNSTART).

I can guarantee that unroot (Option B) will undo everything that root did (Option A)

If you install other apps with your newly found root powers that placed themselves in /system, then that is on you to undo first.
    11-17-2011 11:06 PM
    after installing pack with cwm installed how do i boot into recovery? I used to have evo and it im assuming is different.
    Detailed answer is in FAQ Section E5.

Short answer is:
    Power down
    Press and Hold [Power] [Vol Up] [Home]
    11-17-2011 11:07 PM
    Program worked flawlessly after getting windows and Samsung drivers working. Got full root and then added the modified stock kernel to add CWM5. Thank to everyone for your input trying to get my drivers straightened out. I actually got the Samsung USB drivers working on Win7 64 with the most obvious work around.

The Samsung USB drivers install by default to c:/Program files/Samsung/USB drivers
    On 64Bit windows this for 64bit programs while regular 32bit go in the c:/Program files (x86)/Samsung
    All I did was change the installation destination to the 32bit program folder. Drivers instantly started working. Hope this might save someone a bit of time and trouble.
    sfhub likes this.
    11-18-2011 08:12 AM
    This worked great for me. As a side benefit, my phone now shows up as a drive in Windows so I can use my sync program for music. Previously it showed as a device and I couldn't do much other than drag and drop.
    11-18-2011 10:33 AM
    Can someone help me on this..When I try to root the command area just says its trying to connect to my phone but never does. Ive done all of the instructions to the tee. Thanks,
    11-26-2011 05:59 PM
    So with this root method, is it virtually impossible to soft brick this device during the process of it?

Edit: went ahead and rooted my dad's E4GT and boy is it blazing fast! I'm running Starburst 1.9.8 with zedomax's Epictouchkernal v6.02
    11-27-2011 03:05 AM
    New to the rooting world. I used this to root my S2Epic. Option A. What next to basically start putting customs roms etc? Do i have to install the clockworks. Can someone give me step by step and maybe a good rom to stick with without LOS occurring.
    11-27-2011 09:57 PM
    New to the rooting world. I used this to root my S2Epic. Option A. What next to basically start putting customs roms etc? Do i have to install the clockworks. Can someone give me step by step and maybe a good rom to stick with without LOS occurring.
    After you root your phone, you should use the same program to install EG30 or EG31 (your choice) and included with either one is CWM5 and then you can flash whatever you want.
    mike104393 likes this.
    11-27-2011 11:24 PM
189 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD