189 ... 5678
tools
    How do i get abd for window 32 bit?
    12-30-2011 09:17 PM
    does this work for EK02
    Yes
    12-31-2011 03:27 AM
    How do i get abd for window 32 bit?
    Read the post. It has everything you need.
    12-31-2011 03:28 AM
    So is this the easiest root method for the Touch? I am not interested in running a custom rom at the moment. I just want WiFi Tether and to remove all this Sprint/Samsung Bloat. Is it easy to unroot? I've come from an Evo and have been surprised to find how differently the root methods are. Hell, even the jargon has me confused. Does this method give me a custom recovery, e.g. CWM?
    I'm under the assumption that removing bloatware would require you to run a custom ROM (i.e. Blazer, Caulkalin, UnNamed, etc) that has that removal built-in. Am I wrong? I've never rooted a phone before, and am still fairly new to all this, but I've read that if you start deleting stock apps from Samsung/Sprint without doing a ROM, the phone could have all sorts of boot-up and force close issues. Am I off-base?
    01-06-2012 11:38 AM
    I'm under the assumption that removing bloatware would require you to run a custom ROM (i.e. Blazer, Caulkalin, UnNamed, etc) that has that removal built-in. Am I wrong? I've never rooted a phone before, and am still fairly new to all this, but I've read that if you start deleting stock apps from Samsung/Sprint without doing a ROM, the phone could have all sorts of boot-up and force close issues. Am I off-base?
    You can remove apps using Titanium Backup or use some other apps on Market that will do it for you.

You don't need a custom ROM just to remove apps. There are some critical system apps or ones that are deeply integrated that might require a custom ROM.

BTW rooting is basically like logging in as Administrator. It just gives you more privileges and capabilities.
    01-06-2012 05:25 PM
    I am running Caulkulin's 2.8 ROM - and recently (earlier post) realized that CWM with it doesn't allow for an internal Nandroid Backup...

I used the auto-root and installed the EL29+CWM - and it seems this CWM also does not allow for internal Nandroid Backup ?

I'm assuming this is the case as both EL29+CWM and Caulkulin are using the same Kernel? This is a change to Auto-Root?

Is there a way to install a version of CWM on EL29 that will allow for an internal backup?
    01-10-2012 09:56 AM
    01-10-2012 10:18 AM
    That is the same as I am currently running.
    01-10-2012 12:49 PM
    This is the same version I am currently running and having the backup issue with.

Ran into this before after flashing a ROM - lost the ability to do backups.

Last time I was able to use option C - and select a CWM that allowed this.

Now - it seems the CWM I get with EL29 - is the same one I get when I flashed the ROM - so I have no way of getting back to a CWM that works for backing up.

I guess I could select a different option - maybe EL13 + CWM - do my backup - then go back to EL29+CWM... seems like a lot of extra steps though.
    01-10-2012 12:56 PM
    This is the same version I am currently running and having the backup issue with.

Ran into this before after flashing a ROM - lost the ability to do backups.

Last time I was able to use option C - and select a CWM that allowed this.

Now - it seems the CWM I get with EL29 - is the same one I get when I flashed the ROM - so I have no way of getting back to a CWM that works for backing up.

I guess I could select a different option - maybe EL13 + CWM - do my backup - then go back to EL29+CWM... seems like a lot of extra steps though.
    This is very strange, I just went through all the recoveries and they all have the options for backing up on the internal or external sd card. Is the option not showing up for you?
    01-10-2012 01:19 PM
    No - I do not have those options.

CWM version: Rogue ET Recovery 1.1.2 (CWM v5.0.2.7)
    01-10-2012 02:58 PM
    Ah - there it is... went to this post: [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash) - Page 58 - xda-developers

Read closer - to see the menu options have changed... had to select the menu option to switch to internal storage... then backup ran fine.
    01-10-2012 03:01 PM
    Nevermind you got it hehe.
    01-10-2012 04:57 PM
    Well yeah - it was there all along (since I flashed Caulkulin's 2.8 ROM). Just had to look a little bit
    01-10-2012 05:19 PM
    Chris41g hasn't put out a vanilla el29+cwm so what I included is rogue-cwm. For rogue, instead of explicit option for internal/external, there is an option to toggle the active flash card. Once you toggle to internal, it will work
    01-10-2012 08:23 PM
    Chris41g hasn't put out a vanilla el29+cwm so what I included is rogue-cwm. For rogue, instead of explicit option for internal/external, there is an option to toggle the active flash card. Once you toggle to internal, it will work
    You could also just use el26+cwm to do the restore then switch back to whichever kernel you need
    01-10-2012 08:25 PM
    So is the el29 radio the best one so far for everyone ?
    01-14-2012 09:04 AM
    Best radio will depend on your area. Sometimes what is good for one person is not good for another. Just try them out until you find one that works well for you. I would start at EK02 and venture out from there.
    01-14-2012 11:44 AM
    I can't install the USB drivers onto my computer. Help?
    01-19-2012 06:08 PM
    I can't install the USB drivers onto my computer. Help?
    What method did you use to install them? What kind of computer/setup?
    01-19-2012 07:48 PM
    What method did you use to install them? What kind of computer/setup?
    I have Windows 7 64bit. Download the USB driver like the directions said on Xda and when I tried to install the file, it says it can't install it. I forgot what it said exactly but it wouldn't let me install it and kept showing an error message. I tried downloading other files of the same USB driver but they didn't work as well. I then downloaded Kies but something happened and my computer reset and Kies didn't install properly. It was just a big mess. I did do USB debugging and made sure it was USB connected like the directions said.

One strange thing I noticed was that even though the USB Samsung driver didn't install because of an error, there were still new files created that showed the same time stamp as when I tried to install the USB Samsung driver. Are those the files that are supposed to be there if I installed correctly? I already deleted them from my hard drive because I didn't want to risk bricking my phone if they weren't the right files.
    01-19-2012 08:45 PM
    Did you try running the driver install as administrator?

I know people with 64-bit were able to install the drivers because they provided the feedback for FAQ #E3. You should read it over and see if it helps:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)
    01-20-2012 05:14 AM

I know people with 64-bit were able to install the drivers because they provided the feedback for FAQ #E3. You should read it over and see if it helps:

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROOT][NCIQ][EG30/EG31/EK02] Auto root your existing stock ROM (w/o ODIN/ROM Flash)
    I have Win7 64-bit. Saw the FAQ before I installed and directed it to the correct folder - works fine for me.

@sfhub - Keep up the good work
    01-20-2012 09:01 AM

I followed those directions and used administrator to install the usb driver. Maybe I need to try it again today because my laptop has been going crazy lately and I need a new one. I'll try and see if I'm able to get it working this tims.
    01-20-2012 09:40 AM
    hey guys I rooted and installed cwd on my epic 4g yesterday. however my wifi no longer works. shows full bars but unable to load web pages. 3g and 4g work fine.
    I'm on build ek02 . any suggestions as to how I can fix this?
    01-21-2012 09:36 AM
189 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD